I am sick of being fat, my journey to a slimmer ME

Good luck today with your dog and day one of this journey :hug99: xx

We are back from vets and pup is installed in her crate on a duvet and wearing a babies vest to cover her stitches. Once she comes round properly I will have to put her lampshade on but she's still not with it yet and wobbling and staggering so safer to leave her without it for the moment.

We had to while away a couple of hours while she was being oeprated on so went into one of the shopping centres and did a little shopping then went to a cafe bar and had coffee. there were loads of lovely patiserie on show but I resisted them all and just had coffee.
Aftter we got Lucy settled I had tomato soup for lunch which I really enjoyed. So far so good. But need to get a bit more water down as I've not drunk too much as we were out for the morning.

OMG :eek: I have suceeding in drinking 3 litres so far but unfortunately am now suffering from 2 year old bladder syndrome. I just constantly need to pee, its a bit like toilet training a toddler lol. I am up and down to the loo all the time. I do recall that I need to stop drinking about 8pm or I shall be up all night and not get any sleep. But so far so good. I have got a bit of a headache but then I had been on a bit of a carb feast before starting today so I only have myself to blame. I'm sure a couple of paracetamol will help and I will just keep chugging the water, maybe I should just set myself up in the bathroom with a good book and my water lol.
I am going to have the thai chicken soup for dinner this evening and it is one of my fave soups so I'm looking forward to it.

I am very pleased to report that I completed day 1 100% and I am feeling good. Day 2 now and I have done half litre of water, coffee and half a bar for breakfast. Lucy is doing well and getting used to the cone on her head, although she doesn't like it at all and we are getting a few bruises along the way where she misjudges gaps she wants to get thru lol.

We have the plumber/electricians back in today putting the lights in the kitchen and plumbing new sink in so we are having some enforced "rest" so I shoould probably get some knitting or sewing out to keep busy.

Hi frenchy, glad you made it through day 1 and survived, I was LOL at you in the bathroom, I was there so often in the first few days I though I'd have to set up my office in there!!

Glad to here waggy tail is doing well, poor girl xx

Keep up the good work and make sure you take a break from all that hard work

thanks LW our girl Lucy is doing really well now and is coping with the cone on her head and her vest lol. She looks very silly but she has to have both on, the cone to stop her licking the stitches and the vest to stop our other dog licking them. He is being ever so sweet to her and lies at her side licking her face :)

Great news that I now have working lights in my kitchen AND a working sink with running water. Oh how we take these luxuries for granted; it's only when you haven't got them that you realise just how invaluable they are. I was having to go into the garage to fill the kettle up from a tap in there.

I have been busy doing cross stitch this morning to give my hands the exercise that they are missing lol (the hand to mouth movements that they were so used to). We were having the day off from kitchen work but saying as our workman finished his jobs this morning my hubby is now itching to get some drawers and cupboard doors put on. So no doubt I will be drafted in soon. But I don't mind, I can't wait for it to be finished and all my stuff put back in as its a nightmare having your kitchen contents piled up in boxes in the garage.

I have had the mushroom soup for lunch and have to say I really enjoyed it with lashings of ground black pepper yum yum and I am planning veg soup for dinner tonight and the rest of my bar this evening with a proper coffee

Glad Lucy is doing fine.

I adore the vegetable soup , could have it "normally"

Am cold today so had a bowl of porridge.

I was sooooo good last night - went out for pub quiz, I drove so stuck to soda water - supper is included, I had decided that if they had some protein I would have a little - well the choice was chips, savoury rice or roast potatoes so I didn't bother :)

well done Dawn don't you feel so good when you resist temptation. I am having a good day diet wise and am now starting my 4th litre and have had all my packs for the day, so nice proper coffee will be my treat. I do so love my Senseo coffee maker.

I had to go for xrays today to see if my knee has deteriorated in the last 18 months and also to have lower back xrayed. I love the health system over here. I had my xrays then went in to see consultant radiologist who informed my that my knee has not deteriorated but I also have arthritis in my spine and my spine is deviating to one side. He then gave me my xrays, typed report and I now just need to go back to my GP with them so he can do the injections in my knee. Hopefully once I've had the injections I will be pain free and able to do more exercise again.

Well done on what you've achieved so far , and good luck with your journey! Hope Lucy is feeling better too! :)

We got a little nespresso machine a while back and I really thought it would just become another kitchen gadget that gets dusted every day, but it's been fab and the coffee is really great, lots of different kinds and no messy business, love it!!

Keep up the good work and hope Lucy is improving xx

well done Dawn don't you feel so good when you resist temptation. I am having a good day diet wise and am now starting my 4th litre and have had all my packs for the day, so nice proper coffee will be my treat. I do so love my Senseo coffee maker.

I had to go for xrays today to see if my knee has deteriorated in the last 18 months and also to have lower back xrayed. I love the health system over here. I had my xrays then went in to see consultant radiologist who informed my that my knee has not deteriorated but I also have arthritis in my spine and my spine is deviating to one side. He then gave me my xrays, typed report and I now just need to go back to my GP with them so he can do the injections in my knee. Hopefully once I've had the injections I will be pain free and able to do more exercise again.

Hi there french, welcome and good luck. Stick with it and you'll be fine. I've just been reading your diary and must say my mum was in exactly the same position as you with her knees at 17stone over wieght. The drs said her knees were both bad and one would definatley need a replacment. But they were'nt willing to operate unless she lost some weight. She could hardly walk and had no choice but try an d lose the weight so she could have the op. She lost 4stone and has kept it off and she's decided not to have the op anymore as the pain has gone completely. Her life is busier than mine!! Yet she finds time and gym's it everday and is like a new person. Believe me if she can anyone can.

I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your diary x.

Go for it x.

thanks girls for your support, it really does help. I got very hungry last night and felt I couldn't bring myself to drink another drop so I had an extra half a bar as I have some spare. It sated my hunger and stopped my kitchen cupboard creeping habit where I would be raiding the cupboards for anything worth eating. Have been known to eat all sorts of random foods before when in this mode. So yes I had extra but remained in control and didn't feel as tho I had lost the plot.

I will try today to save my half bar till later in the evening instead of just after my dinner. well that's my plan, let's see if it works.

I am up early again as we are hoping to get the wall cupboards fitted in the kitchen today. So I've had a large coffee, half a bar and just poured myself a glass of water.

Busy busy I know what you mean about the extra weight contributing to the pain as that is exactly what happened to me. I lost some weight and the pain wasn't too bad and I was able to do lots of walking but having regained weight it has caused the pain to worsen (even tho the actual knee joint is the same). I am hoping with the steroid injections and losing weight will resolve the problem for the time being as I am much too young to have a knee replacement yet, plus it's not bad enough to warrant it yet.

Great to see you back FF. Yep I'm still here, plodding along and shrinking slowly. :)

we have had a very productive day and got half of the wall units up and I am pleased to say that they look really good too. I've had a good day diet wise and am a bit water logged, but I think I am possibly going to need an extra half bar again later. It's much better to have the extra half bar than go off the rails and I can live with that

we have had a very productive day and got half of the wall units up and I am pleased to say that they look really good too. I've had a good day diet wise and am a bit water logged, but I think I am possibly going to need an extra half bar again later. It's much better to have the extra half bar than go off the rails and I can live with that

I think that's a good idea and def better than going of course. You can split packs too as a late night contingency or just something to go to bed on. I for did that as can never get to sleep feeling hungry.

Back