I am so NOT leaving restarting till 8 January 2007 - 28 December it is!!!

Hia Mich, I've just read this thread for the first time ...

... and it took about an hour (14 pges!). I couldn't put it down!

I really, really feel for you Mich because, like alot of us on this site, I've been there in the past and it is a truly terrible place to be. The more you try, the more you seem to fail. But WHY. If I knew the answer I'd share it with you now, but I am still attempting to work out why I have always sabotaged any attempt at losing weight beyond a certain amount. In my case it is 13 stone - I have never been able to get beyond it because SOMETHING has prevented me from succeeding. Interestingly, I am 13 stone exactly at the moment but I've NO intention of coming off the LL - this is one war I'm going to win.

At our meeting last week we were talking about our four selves: Open Self (what I know and everyone else knows about me); Blind Self (what everyone else knows about me but I don't); Hidden Self (what is known only to me); Unknown Self (what is not known by me or anyone else).

We discussed this last one because I mentioned that I have continually sabotaged any success at weightloss in the past and I didn't know why.

Do I hide behind the weight; use my weight as an excuse not to do things/take risks; do I fear being attractive to opposite sex (can I not handle male attention); will others have too many expectations of me (afraid of failure); am I making myself fail because I am afraid of failing anyway. I don't know yet but it was illuminating to discuss it with the other members of the group.

I have never discussed these issues with anyone before because I tended to retreat and isolate when battling with my weight. No-one knew.

Please do not give up the fight - we know what you're going through, we've all been there ...

Looking great!!!!

I'm with you on the damage limitation.

Oh and I meant to say that when I saw your thread title I thought you'd posted a pic of yourself in the bath.....wow, I thought, now there's a woman who is really baring her soul on here!

LMAO.....that would be a sight to behold I can tell you.....:eek: and I have to confess I hate baths.....in fact I couldn't tell you the last time I had one.....although I assure you I shower at least once/twice a day....LOL:D

Thanks for dropping by, and your comments.....I will not give up this diet completely.....I WILL NOT......I WILL GET TO MY GOAL.....it's just took longer than originally planned...:rolleyes:

Love

AmandaJayne.....

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my diary....perhaps I should go back and do the same...it may help me get back on track:eek:

I did LL to start with and switched to CD but I vaguely remember doing the 4 self thing....I must get my LL books out in the new year...maybe that will help too.

My lowest point was 12.13.5lbs and then I started to loose the plot.....I hadn't been that weight since about 1990!!!! My main problem was I became complacent.....and believed my own hype......too many compliments and became blase about loosing the weight.....kind of give up after the holiday and have had so many half hearted attempts to get back on track its untrue:rolleyes:

I have given myself a date of Monday 8 January 2007 to start 100 days sole sourcing again and this time I will work my way through the stages properly.......

Congrats on yoru weight loss you are doing great....keep up the good work and you'll be in them 12's before you know it.....

Love

I have no doubt that you will reach your goal, just as I will reach mine........it will have taken me about 18 months cos I keep losing the plot but as the wise D_Q once said to me 'You haven't failed til you give up' and we're not quitters. Help me back on the wagon in January?

That DQ talks alot of sense doesn't she.....:) ....I am off to the Newcastle Meet up and have said that after that weekend I will start SSing again (properly:rolleyes: ).......So you wanna join me on Monday 8 January 2007......? I will get to goal and it will have taken me around 18-20months too....:rolleyes:

Love

I have no doubt that you will reach your goal, just as I will reach mine........it will have taken me about 18 months cos I keep losing the plot but as the wise D_Q once said to me 'You haven't failed til you give up' and we're not quitters. Help me back on the wagon in January?

You know it honey! ;)

Hi Amanda,

Your post just blew me away! Feel like your in my head.:eek: :D

Love Mini xxx

Mich you look fab and so does your lovely friend!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini......we had a lovely weekend....my friend is a really lovely, genuine girl but is forever putting herself down....she never thinks she looks nice:rolleyes: (reminds me of me really:eek: )......I think she looks great and she gets better with age too.....I must dig out a picture of us on our first girls weekend away in 1999 - my there is a bit of a change in all of us......alot of us actually look better now......!!

Love

Hiya mate!

I have to say, I am Sooooooo glad you posted that piccie.. I told you on Sat you looked gorgeous! :D :D

We will get to goal next year! You wait and see!! THEN when we goes out to Flares we'll be beating 'em off! (LOL)

Seriously though, you are very beautiful and I thought you looked amazing in that picture.. and in all the photos you showed me Saturday..

January 8th is gonna be the beginning of an even more glam you! :D Just think... you will be loaning me all those lovely summer things whilst you will be slinking into yer size 12's!! (or 10's even!)

I could't believe it was the same person as in those "before" pics of yours! You need to whack one of those on the gallery! Seriously - you were still beautiful but now.. well, the difference is incredible!!

Have a fabby day!

xxxx

At the request of 'she who must be obeyed'..... else she goes into finger wagging mode:eek: ;) I have done as I am told and added 3 pictures to the gallery.....

Pic 1 is me and OH on my 40th - I was approx 19.7lbs and thought I looked nice:rolleyes: I am like a big mammoth towering over my poor OH:eek:

Pic 2 is me and OH on our hols this summer - I was approx 13.7lbs and felt amazing and no longer towering over OH.....:D

Pic 3 is of me and my mate 2 weeks ago in Bath on our annual girly weekend.....I am approx 15.7lbs at the mo and feeling pretty crappy but this picture (even I can see) paints a different picture and I don't look too bad......:)

I am still trying to be good and minimize damage for my January start on Monday 8 January 2007......

Off to see my big boy in his Xmas Panto this evening ......he is playing Jack in Jack and the Beanstalk....mum and mum-in-law went this afternoon they said it was brilliant so we are going to be dutiful parents and get there early to bag's a good seat!!!

Almost finished all my Xmas shopping....just food to get now....I hate food shopping....not sure when I'm going to get it sorted.....did pop into Tescos today and was very restrained.....thought I'd treat us to some Baileys truffle chocs but then put them back because I just know we will get shed loads of bics and chocs and this is only adding to the food/temptation.....

Got friends round for dinner tomorrow night.....just doing winter warmer of sausage & mash followed by homemade apple pie....will not be adding extra pastry lettering (see earlier postings....LMAO!!!):D

Got an application for a job at a local school ........primary......sounds lovely 8am - 11am every morning.......gonna fill that in later and send it off.....also they need a lunchtime supervisor (dinner lady to you and I!) at my kids school so could do that too as that is 12 - 1pm.....this would bump up my hours and money....really need something to do in the new year....being round the house all day doesn't help me with my diet either....I need structure and routine...

Anyway, love ya's and leave ya's for now........

Love

Hiya mate!

I have to say, I am Sooooooo glad you posted that piccie.. I told you on Sat you looked gorgeous! :D :D

We will get to goal next year! You wait and see!! THEN when we goes out to Flares we'll be beating 'em off! (LOL)

Seriously though, you are very beautiful and I thought you looked amazing in that picture.. and in all the photos you showed me Saturday..

January 8th is gonna be the beginning of an even more glam you! :D Just think... you will be loaning me all those lovely summer things whilst you will be slinking into yer size 12's!! (or 10's even!)

I could't believe it was the same person as in those "before" pics of yours! You need to whack one of those on the gallery! Seriously - you were still beautiful but now.. well, the difference is incredible!!

Have a fabby day!

xxxx

Ooooh Jennie you are making me blush:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the compliments and I've done as I am told....OK:rolleyes:

Love

Well all i can say is OH MY GOD.... the difference is amazing... when i saw ur pics in the gallary, i honestly went 'jesus' out loud with the difference!!!! you look fab now and will look even fabber (not a word i'm sure of it lol) when you get to goal!!!!

i'm doing damage limitation too and i think its a great idea for those of us not ss'ing over xmas... feels like there is some control!!!

Well done again girl you look brill!!!

love

Gen xxx

Well all i can say is OH MY GOD.... the difference is amazing... when i saw ur pics in the gallary, i honestly went 'jesus' out loud with the difference!!!! you look fab now and will look even fabber (not a word i'm sure of it lol) when you get to goal!!!!

i'm doing damage limitation too and i think its a great idea for those of us not ss'ing over xmas... feels like there is some control!!!

Well done again girl you look brill!!!

love

Gen xxx

LOL Gen......I do that when I see pics - not of myself though:D

Thanks for the compliments......I am trying hard to limit the damage and will be back in control after the Newcastle meet - you going to that....I'm sure I read somewhere you are?

Love

told so I you ...

Well done again girl you look brill!!! love Gen xxx

smirk... rearrange the following Mich...

TOLD SO I YOU :p ;) :D

hee hee hee... good girl for doing as you're told !! ;) :D

merry christmas sweetie x

Back