I am very scared !

Thank you everyone.You have all been so kind and so supportive. It has been so important to me having you at the back of me cheering me on as I still have not told my family. There is no need for them to worry too. When and if there is anything to tell I will tell them.

This morning I feel quite despondent which is not a bit like me. In fact I think it has all caught up with me and I just want to sit and wallow in self pity. Silly madam !!!! Time to pick myself up and sort myself out. I think I will take myself off for a nice walk and enjoy the lovely valley I live in.

It is the feeling of futility I find the hardest to cope with.

Right now I promise I will try to be more upbeat.

Last edited:
You have every right to wallow and I know I would be the same. I think the idea of ringing every day is a good one just so that they don't forget you and so that you feel that you're doing all you can to get in there. Hugs for you Sue and everything is crossed for some news soon x

Morning Sue,

I'm not at all surprised at how you are feeling! We're all going through various emotions here on your behalf...concern, helplessness, anger...so Heaven ONLY knows how you are feeling and whats running through your head! None of us can really appreciate how worrying this is for you...and you must NEVER think the way you feel is wrong.

We all cope in different ways. If you need to weep, you must weep. If you feel like throwing something, do it. If you are having a low, bad day, allow yourself time to gradually come back up again. You can't force yourself into being cheerful.

What a lovely idea to go for a walk...clear your head and admire some of the natural wonders we have right on our doorstep. The valley sounds beautiful, I'm very jealous. We live 2 mins away from the countryside but you have to walk for an hour before you are properly in it and cant see any of the new housing estates.

Like the idea of ringing the hospital every day...keep your name well and truly at the top of that list, and you will have the satisfaction that you are doing something positive.

And what about the orange vodka...does it need testing yet?? ;)

Lots of love to you, Dawn xx :flowers:

I am so sorry, the wait they have imposed on you is completely unforgivable! Positive vibes being sent your way xx

sending my best wishes for you, next week will be here before you know it xxxxx

Heartfelt best wishes coming to you Fillymum from me and all around here as you can tell :D
I agree with all sentiments already voiced. Enjoy the rest of your day lovely lady :D

Arghhh.. waiting is the worst...
sorry that they haven't sorted you out yet sue.. is it a state run medical service over there like our NHS, or is it more or less private? ( done via health insurances etc? )

Right, while I'm here, I'll update about my Mum.. ..

They tested the tissue they took out when they removed the lump and there were a few "C" cells in it, so now she has to go see the Oncologist to sort out some chemo just in case.... so now we have to wait for an apointment for that...

Hi Coljack,

Sorry to hear Mums gotta have chemo xx It's good that this safety net is available to get rid of any stray cells that may be lurking tho xx Mum surely shouldn't hav to wait too long to start it...hope she's sorted soon xx

Best wishes Dawn xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Sending all my hugs and good luck wishes to both you Sue and you Coljack for your mum. Here's hoping for the best outcome soon.xxxx

Arghhh.. waiting is the worst...
sorry that they haven't sorted you out yet sue.. is it a state run medical service over there like our NHS, or is it more or less private? ( done via health insurances etc? )

Right, while I'm here, I'll update about my Mum.. ..

They tested the tissue they took out when they removed the lump and there were a few "C" cells in it, so now she has to go see the Oncologist to sort out some chemo just in case.... so now we have to wait for an apointment for that...

It is like your National Health Service and is normally so good but recently there have been lots of cutbacks.

You are right about the waiting. I am beginning to crack up under the strain. I am normally so tough and so calm but it is nearly 5 weeks now and I feel my life is worth nothing.

I am sorry your mum has to go through chemo though the alternative does not bear thinking about. Chemo today is kinder than it used to be and will zap those stray cells.

If she makes up her mind before hand to just go with how she feels during her chemo and doesn't try to be heroic she will be fine. If she wants to sleep she must sleep no matter what the time of the day. It is her body telling her what is best for her. I just wanted to eat things like oranges and broccoli and strangely enough sherbet lemons amongst other stuff but they have stuck in my mind.

I wish her well Coljack.

xxx

Best wishes to your mum ColJack, she will need your support as much as ever which I'm sure she will get in abundance. Along with all the good vibes coming from around here I'm equally sure a good outcome is in the wind ;) :vibes:

Fillymum, Fingers, toes, arms & teddies paws are still crossed for you receiving news very very soon :D

Yesterday I spoke to the hospital in the morning and then again in the afternoon where they have assured me it will be very soon as it is an urgent appointment. All I can say is God help anyone on the list who is isn't urgent !!!

The lady I spoke to in the afternoon said the situation is grave and that the list of urgency's is very long and that some of the machinery had broken down which did not help. It is a new hospital !!

Needless to say I am totally pi$$ed off with the whole mess.

All I can do is wait.

What a situation. Is there any way you can jump the queue by going private (as you could here if you had the cash)? Hang in there x

Oh Sue,

We've been hearing their excuses for too long now :(

It is THEIR problem that their machines are not working, NOT yours. If that really is the case, you should be offered scans at another hospital to then be sent to your consultant.
How about getting your gp involved...he/she might be able to phone and stress the importance of a prompt diagnosis. They usually get a wriggle on when another doctor gets more involved. Also, do u have the equivalent of a local mp who you can see? Even if you don't wana see them, tell the hospital that u do have an appt to discuss yr unacceptable treatment by them.

Ring them again this afternoon, and tomorrow morning, and so on.

Wish I was there to hold yr hand thru all of this hunni

Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I agree with everything Skinnydawn has just said. She says it all so well :)
Sending you hugs & best wishes Fillymum :hug99:
X

What can I say? I am pretty much stuck for words that you are still waiting.
If you were in UK I would advise to get yourself admitted, 'cause when you are an inpatient you normally get priority.
What a mess! I really feel for you.
Good luck, Sue, you never know, maybe tomorrow will bring the change.
Love, Jill xx

Back