I am very scared !

Oh huni Im so sorry, i cant add to what others have said except sending you love and wishing for the best.

My best friends dad has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, he is in really bad pain with his joints and bones and worries that it may have spread - he too now has to wait 2 months for an appointment.

Its disgusting!!! Im so so sorry hun!! xx

Pesty I am so sorry to read this . The poor man. To be left worried and in pain is cruel.

((Hugs Pestys friend and family)) Hope he gets an appointment sooner!

Sue, I hope you are currently in A&E causing a "bit of a palaver". This is becoming a farce - so I strongly suggest you go dressed in bloomers, carrying a large pane of glass between you and DH, and you say "Whoops!" a lot while accidentally hitting various members of the hospital management in the face with custard pies.

I know this is worrying, but keep that strong chin of yours firmly up and keep us posted as to what occurs. Thinking of you xxx

Both chins are firmly up....whoops no only have one now, forgot that. Thanks SW !

The custard tarts did not make it as far as the hospital.........we ate them, synned of course.

Seriously, I haven't been to a&e I was working all day yesterday and with each day that takes us closer to June I feel reluctant to "rock the boat".

Feeling a bit down today but trying hard to rise above it.

I really hope this all sorts out for you soon hun. Its understandable that after everything you dont want to rock the boat incase it prolongs the appointment.

Thank you for the kind words about my friends dad, he was taken into hospital last night and put on an IV and morphine, hopefully it is enough to move things forward.

xxx

Hi :wavey:
Hope you are having a good week Fillymum :D and are managing to keep your mind occupied. The days are moving quickly, hope you're finding the same ;)
Weather beautiful here in the North East of Scotland. Has been good for about 3 weeks now, bar the odd shower which my fruit & veggies were grateful for :)
My LO is getting a fine tan & his blonde hair is becoming white - gorgeous ;)
Bless him, he melled his thumb with a hammer on saturday & oh he did :cry: Not sure if he'l lose the nail yet, his thumb is slowly turning colour, but not the nail as yet :fingerscrossed: He would find losing it difficult to understand.
Hubby felt bad for leaving it in reach, but a lesson learnt I hope ;)
He's used one before under supervision, (& hubby too) :giggle: but this was a mischievous snatch & run me thinks, little rascal.
Thinking of you. ttfn :wavey:
X

Thank you so much for that lovely, caring and chatty entry. I enjoyed every word of it, apart from LO hammering his thumb of course.

Our weather has been mixed but has been gloriously hot for the last few days.

June15th get closer. Unfortunately it clashes with an very nice antiques fair but as my appointment is first one of the morning and the fair doesn't start until 11a.m. I might just have time to get here and set up. Can not think of anything better to make me feel where the needle as been YUK !!!!

I try very hard to push it to the back of my mind and mostly succeed.

Life is a hundred miles an hour at present so that helps too.

glad time is going quickly for your fillymum, wont be long now and your mind will be eased :) xxxx

Ooh an antiques fair :D I don't know anything about them but do love looking at them & I love to imagine the 'life' they've had and who owned them and whether they were loved articles or thought of as mere dust collectors in huge mansions or a beloved article in a humble home that 'once belonged to Uncle John who travelled to t'other side of t'world' ;) :sigh:

So glad you're busy enough at the moment anyway and the 15th of next month will be here before you know it :hug99:

Thank you so much for that lovely, caring and chatty entry. I enjoyed every word of it, apart from LO hammering his thumb of course.

Our weather has been mixed but has been gloriously hot for the last few days.

June15th get closer. Unfortunately it clashes with an very nice antiques fair but as my appointment is first one of the morning and the fair doesn't start until 11a.m. I might just have time to get here and set up. Can not think of anything better to make me feel where the needle as been YUK !!!!

I try very hard to push it to the back of my mind and mostly succeed.

Life is a hundred miles an hour at present so that helps too.

Make sure you keep moving at the antique fair, dont want anyone slapping a price tag on ya :479:

Make sure you keep moving at the antique fair, dont want anyone slapping a price tag on ya :479:

Hehe, I'll buy you, lovely fillymum :D

Just popping onto this thread to say I am still thinking of you, glad to see you are upbeat, and I've my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that they see you soon, and confirm that all is A-OK

xx

Just popping onto this thread to say I am still thinking of you, glad to see you are upbeat, and I've my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that they see you soon, and confirm that all is A-OK

xx

Lets post lots maybe she wont see my post then lol :D Im going to get a :whoopass:

Cheeky, cheeky whipper-snapper. Shake in your shoes !!!!

I will have you know that like a vintage wine, I have matured well and am very expensive lol !!!

xx

Thank you. Someone with good taste !!

Lets post lots maybe she wont see my post then lol :D Im going to get a :whoopass:

No chance, this eagle eye misses nothing. You are one griddled Welshcake lol !!!!

Thanks for the laugh girls.

By the way,I will not be buying antiques, unless I find that elusive 14th century piece for a couple of quid..............I will be selling them cos that is what I do as well as translating.............. an old lady has to make a crust . Incontinence pads are so expensive these days.

hugs to all you babes !!! xxxx

I will have you know that like a vintage wine, I have matured well and am very expensive lol !!!

Châtea Margaux, again, Sue?
What year?

Hi Sue,

Haven't seen you around for a while xx

How are you doing hunni? :hug99:

Hi Sue,

Haven't seen you around for a while xx

How are you doing hunni? :hug99:

I am good thank you Dawn Just getting on with life ad sitting it out untl the 15th of June.
hugs xxx

Well done Sue xx

Remember we are all with you regardless of the distance separating us :grouphugg:

Hey Fillymum :wavey:

Hope this finds you well and having enjoyed a fab fab weekend ;)
Bet your weather's good over there just now is it? We've had a fair few rain showers of late but interspersed with warm sun, the garden is loving it. The spuds are almost in flower and the rest of the veg have shot up. But then so have the weeds :rolleyes:

Skinnydawn's been having problems with wind she says, but I advised a change of some foods maybe beneficial :8855: Wait till she reads that bit, I bet I get :asskick: :8855:

My lovely hubby took a walk to the garden centre this afternoon and came back with a large pot and a rhubarb plant! Hoho :D nom nom nom :gimi::gimi: Love love it.
Scammed some off a bloke down a nearby street the other day :giggle: He was out doing some weeding, I was passing and having long coveted his huge rhubarb patch I decided to strike up a conversation and then drop some loaded hints :giggle: Well it worked and rhubarb was enjoyed that evening (HExB) along with some strawberries and redcurrants :D You drooling yet? It was definitely yummilicious :D

The blanket is coming along nicely. Although we've not had great weather, it's not been really cold and it gets quite warm sitting with a blanket on ones lap of an evening, especially when ones own central heating kicks off IYKWIM :rolleyes: Ok in the winter :) but not now or the next 3 or 4 months. Pity we can't switch it off eh :D I've got a make-do fan that was a dvd case sleeve near to hand. Crude but effective :p

Anyhoo, just thought I'd pop in to say hi, "Hi" :giggle:
Take care
Mo x

Thanks again Twinkle !!!!

You brighten my day. You are so funny.

The weather is still mixed but that is good for our grass, the horses are loving it as we do not normally have grazing for them. I love it because I spend less time with a hosepipe in my hand.

We are going to have a mega crop of blackberries this year.........I love them and am working on an SW friendly lemon ( cos we have tons of those as well) cheesecake that can have blackberries added when they are ready...........failing miserably at present. Am using quark, liquid sweetener and gelatin but do not know what to use for a crunchy base. Ideas welcome ll !!

We have worked this weekend but as I love what I do it isn't a hardship.

Thanks again sweet girl !!

Hi Fillymum :character00148:

:thankyou: for saying I brightened your day, that was really nice to read :) and if that's the case, that's my pleasure :D

How many horses do you have? There are lots of riding schools and fields with horses around here. I saw a very young foal lolloping about in a field this morning - was well cute and made me :D They are such majestic creatures.

I have one little blackberry bush ;) that I got mail order at the back end of last year. It's a thornless one so that my LO doesn't get stabbed just playing in the garden. We too love eating them. We went berry picking down the river last year (with sticks for moving branches) and ended up taking home about 2lbs but only after we'd eaten our fill too - luscious :) He had purple fingers for a couple of days :D What a delicious loaf they made too; it didn't last long I can tell you ;) As my garden is very small I'm limited to what I can get in and use tubs a lot so I can move them around, but fruit wise I do have a strawberry planter currently growing some good sized fruit, a dwarf apple tree which I'm not sure will have fruit as only got it last year too and a blueberry bush that I think will do well as had a fair few berries last year. All welcomed and devoured in any form, haha. Oh, and of course my new rhubarb plant ;) I also do my best to grow some veggies. LO like to help put in the seeds and look for them growing. Cress is a great thing for almost instant results for children :D

I hope you do manage to develop a SW friendly cheese cake, it would be highly popular :eat::gimi: Can't really think of a free base to use unless sweetening the smash pizza base would work? Make it even thinner to crisp it up a bit more? Otherwise there's just melting alpen light bars, but I've found they get quite tough and very chewy once cooled (not great if ones fillings are a bit dated, haha)

Hope you get to relax a bit as well as working hard :D Oh, how was the antiques fair? Successful?

Be back soon ;) Take Care :wavey:

My thoughts are still very much with you and wish you the best for the 15th xx

Back