I ate ice cream at 6am and i'm fed up. Today is a fresh start

miss-r

I can do it!!
I am so fed up, I got up at 6am and ate 3/4 tub of ice cream. I wasnt even hungry. I am so cross with myself. I have to get my eating issues sorted.
For me eating can be like a form of self harm. It is all linked to my low self esteem/low confidence/boredom and I must sort this out. I am so fed up of feeling a failure.

I lost 2 and a half stone last summer and since getting married in march i've put 2 stone back on. My new clothes dont fit and I am now up to 16 stone 10.

I am going to put photos up in my kitchen.

I plan to use up my cambridge diet shakes in the day and have a sensible evening meal with lots of fruit and veg. I dont want to cut out food groups this time.

I am 30 in 2012 and would like to be a healthy weight for then.

Would love to hear from anyone with similar issues x

Hi Miss-r, Oh dear! You do seem to be going round and round in circles don't you?
After reading most of your threads that you started I do feel so sympathetic as I have been there, done that and got the T shirt!
But continually beating yourself up over your failings is not going to help .. especially with your ever decreasing self esteem and confidence. That's where you have to start. .... :girlpower:

Take a look at what is the underlying problems you are facing. I wouldn't want to infer anything about you but as you said that a lot of this occurred after you got married. Perhaps you are feeling undermined or under valued... What about getting some counselling?

In my own experience I had such a lot of things bugging me and I went to my docs and got a six week counselling course which I didn't think I would get at the age of 75 at the time. Did me a great deal of good and have been able to move on with my life now.

I do soo feel for you and hope you will be able to get something to help you.
Being on here has given me a great boost as well with all these friendly people, so don't forget, we are all rooting for you.... :wavey:

Today is a fresh start.Empty your cupboards,make a shopping list and keep to it.

I can eat until the cows come home.I use to eat dinner(enough for 2 people) then 5 mins later start snacking.It's all to do with self control.
I try and control it by if I want something not because I'm hungry but just because,I say 'no I don't need it' in my head.

My boys are adults,my hubby doesn't snack so I don't have to buy crisps,biscuits or sweets any more which does help me sometimes.I work in a food store 6am start so don't have breakfast before I go back home by 10am only take £2 to work in case I need something to eat.Only once I think I needed something and then I just bought a banana.

You can do it believe in yourself your confidence will come back when you start seeing results.

Thanks so much for your message. I need to do that too. Quite simply I agree with everything you say. It is in my head.
Thanks for your support :)

Hi Miss-r, Oh dear! You do seem to be going round and round in circles don't you?
After reading most of your threads that you started I do feel so sympathetic as I have been there, done that and got the T shirt!
But continually beating yourself up over your failings is not going to help .. especially with your ever decreasing self esteem and confidence. That's where you have to start. .... :girlpower:

Take a look at what is the underlying problems you are facing. I wouldn't want to infer anything about you but as you said that a lot of this occurred after you got married. Perhaps you are feeling undermined or under valued... What about getting some counselling?

In my own experience I had such a lot of things bugging me and I went to my docs and got a six week counselling course which I didn't think I would get at the age of 75 at the time. Did me a great deal of good and have been able to move on with my life now.

I do soo feel for you and hope you will be able to get something to help you.
Being on here has given me a great boost as well with all these friendly people, so don't forget, we are all rooting for you.... :wavey:

Thanks so much for your message.
I am very happy indeed to be married but I gained weight on honeymoon and kept gaining which has affected my confidence.
I agree I have underlying issues.
I am in a bit of a rut at the moment, I am not sure what to do with my life next. I am not ready for children and even if I was I am too heavy right now. I want a new career or something just not sure how/what.
I am a bit lonely and I eat because of that, but I am feeling quite positive today now.
I don't think I want counselling right now but thanks for suggesting it.
Thanks for your support :)

Im in a similar place to yourself. I got married last year, in a size 6 dress. Honeymoon was heaven.

From October I have been in a cycle of bingeing and purging and as such I have gained at least 3 stone (all of which I want to loose). I can eat until the cows come home; mainly when I am alone and hubby is at work.

I really want to be these three stone (or even 2) by my birthday in December. I dont think I will be confident/happy until I am there.

Im in a similar place to yourself. I got married last year, in a size 6 dress. Honeymoon was heaven.

From October I have been in a cycle of bingeing and purging and as such I have gained at least 3 stone (all of which I want to loose). I can eat until the cows come home; mainly when I am alone and hubby is at work.

I really want to be these three stone (or even 2) by my birthday in December. I dont think I will be confident/happy until I am there.

I eat when i'm alone too, I haven't done purging though. Looking positively at your situation at least you don't have quite so much to lose. Have you heard of beck diet solution? I am thinking of reading that.
I hope you are having a good day :)

Today I have got up painted my nails (only clear) and I had 2 slices of white bread and a glass of semi skimmed milk for breakfast. I should have had a shake so was not very good. I need to get some low gi foods in and some protein. I have semi skimmed milk but does having it with white bread make bread much lower g.i. I am not very optimistic about that.
Last night I had noodles, with shredded carrot with a bit of veg stock and coriander. It was a bit boring and not low g.i. either.

Will have to write a shopping list

Back