I binged yesterday :(

jerricebenton

Silver Member
I was in agony with period pains, which just seemed to make me very cranky & hungry. I ate & ate all day, and when I ran out of free food, I snacked on really crap food. Why? why did I damage my journey like this?

Does anybody else do this? :( I hate myself for it today, i am so close to my stone award (1.5 away) but I bet I wont get it this week like i thought :(

well... what 'crap' stuff did you eat.?
I dont personally do that when its coming up to star time, but my friend is like that, she would literally eat your arm off. lol.

I'm sure we all have times where we go off the rails chick, but as long as you know where you went wrong and you want to get back on track, just get back on and start from scratch and you'll do fab :). xx

You know what we are going to say hun...

Today is another day, draw a line under yesterday and start again. You may not have done as much damage as you think. Just get back on plan today and stick to it, you know we all speak sense! xx

Hey hun.
firstly, i suggest you write a list.
first on that list should be a congratulations to yourself for how far youv gone.
2nd, don't you think its good that you recognise what youv done, and want to fix it.. before you would have eaten it without a second thought.
3rd, if you can, or if you have already, review everything you ate.
atleast you opted for the free food first. Somtimes we all need a moment of weakness, to just indulge in some bad food. Unfortuantly you dont realise tilll afterwards that you never feel good about a binge, the guilt and dissapointment is so not worth it, but at that moment, you need it.

either way, youv eaten it now, and rather than dwelling on it, set yourself an action plan. how will you go about resolving this, and even thinking of some ways to avoid it happening again in the future, personally i would research some low syn sweet things, so that you limit the damage but still have the satisfaction of it.

i suggest, lots of free food, lots of water, lots of berrys (i buy frozen berrys) and some good, flawless positive thinking.

xxx

I was in agony with period pains, which just seemed to make me very cranky & hungry. I ate & ate all day, and when I ran out of free food, I snacked on really crap food. Why? why did I damage my journey like this?

There will be NO DAMAGE at all as long as you draw the line and get back on track as soon as possible. The biggest damage is the fact that you think it's all lost!!!
It's not!!! Draw the line and start afresh.
Difference between success and failure is NEVER EVER GIVING UP.
Good luck with your journey xxx

I got straight back onto plan this morning. Thanks guys.

I *think* I ate a pack of hula hoops, a pack of French Fries, a pengiun wafer, a caramel rocky, a white roll & butter, chips & battered sausage and a donut! I dread to even start thinking what syns that is :(

This is what id eaten above my usual 15 syns, as id used them earlier in the day in cooking & stuff.

i'd estimate what you'd eaten at about 80 syns and although the point of flexible syns is to plan in advance, i'd do what eveyone else has said and draw a line uner it, if you had planned in advance and allowed yourself 80 syns you wouldn't be feeling this bad. I personally use flexible syns whenever I have a night out etc and normally still have a loss, so don't beat yourself up about it :)

i'd estimate what you'd eaten at about 80 syns and although the point of flexible syns is to plan in advance, i'd do what eveyone else has said and draw a line uner it, if you had planned in advance and allowed yourself 80 syns you wouldn't be feeling this bad. I personally use flexible syns whenever I have a night out etc and normally still have a loss, so don't beat yourself up about it :)

Thank you. 80 syns is shocking though, isnt it :mad: Going to go for a power walk this evening, nad top up my water intake!

A pound of body weight is 3500 calories, which equals 175 syns, so 80 syns is not even half a pound

You can still lose easily this week- all is not lost, mate

Important thing is to get back on to it which you seem to be doing, don't let it spiral you out of control, as everyone else has calculated it is about half a pound so it's not the end of the world. Just let it reinforce your diet and push back on track, instead of worrying about it and binging further because you think you've failed :)

We all do it, hon - I can only agree with what everyone else has said. Get back on the wagon today and no harm done. You know what made you do it - feeling cranky and generally yucky - so next time you feel that way you'll probably see the danger coming and go into damage control by going for a walk, phoning a friend, anything to get your mind off it. x

A pound of body weight is 3500 calories, which equals 175 syns, so 80 syns is not even half a pound

You can still lose easily this week- all is not lost, mate

Thank you for putting it into perspective for me! I was in danger of saying oh sod it, mihgt as well make it a bad week. I have been super good today though!

Thanks everyone x

Thank you for putting it into perspective for me! I was in danger of saying oh sod it, mihgt as well make it a bad week. I have been super good today though!

Thanks everyone x

Nooo, no binge week, straight back on the wagon, that way you can make sure its a small thing :) keep up being good

Glad you're having a better day today, hopefully you'll be able to pull it back in time for weigh in.

Had a big binge last week after wi (beers and eating out), but tried 100% for the rest of the week. Thankfully, I managed to lose. One bad day doesn't have to totally determine the week :)

Had a big binge last week after wi (beers and eating out), but tried 100% for the rest of the week. Thankfully, I managed to lose. One bad day doesn't have to totally determine the week :)

QFT
icon14.gif

Back