I bought myself a dance hoop/hoola hoop

slimandhappy

I found it in a local charity shop. It is a professional hoop with an exercise dvd.
I have always been good at hoola hooping, but for the last hour, I have been trying to do one exercise, which looks so easy when the experts do it.
So every day next week, I am going to do one exercise until I get it right, then go on to the next.
My waist is killing me, so it must be working.

I've been looking at these and wondered if they were just like a normal hula hoop that I could pick up from Tesco or is it weighted?

Hello! I hoop!

I also use an adult sized (42") weighted (700g) hoop (I have my own) - and I go to a weekly class, it is enormous fun!

In fact I was in the garden this morning doing about 20 mins of practice, which I do every day I can get outside - I can hoop inside, but I do alot of the lifting over the head tricks (lasso, vortex, lifts etc) and I live in a tiny, low ceilinged cottage!!!

There are some good step by step videos on you tube if you ever need an alternative guide 'how to do something' ...

I love hooping. It is the first form of exercise that I have ever enjoyed, and am motivated to practice regularly - what a find in a charity shop lucky you - I paid full price for mine!

Angie
Has hoola hooping made your waist any smaller. I lose weight from all parts of my body except my waist, so I was wondering if it would work? I have good old fashioned middle age spread.
I have a small lounge too, and was going to go in the garden, maybe tomorrow. I will look on u tube now. Thanks for the tip

I don't know if it has made my waist any smaller, but it has certainly firmed up my abdominal muscles, and is more aerobic exercise than I have ever done before!

In some ways, it is hard to tell what the diet has achieved, and what the hooping has achieved, but I think it may have firmed up the tum and stopped a bit of the wobble :rolleyes:

The you tube clips that are good are a lady dressed in a fetching pink tracksuit (!) 'expert village' or something - she has done a whole series of tutorials from the basic to the very complicated!

Back