I can do this...I know I can.It's just going to take time & patience.My new diary:)

laura2481

Silver Member
And so my slow (extremely slow) and steady trek towards loosing weight continues. In the end, fo rmy wedding, I lost a stone in total and I felt ok... but annoyed with myself for not loosing more.

Wedding pic:

2011-05-29_42.jpg

Then we went on honeymoon, which was amazing. We went to Mauritius for 10 nights to a lovely hotel. We went all inclusive and unfortunately the food was amazing and we both ate lots and the drinks were all inclusive and too and there was plenty of that.

Honeymoon pic:
1206-Copy.jpg

Oh dear, bleurgh. I look like a blob. And why am I squinting instead of putting on the sunglasses on my head?! Duh!

The long and short of is it I've ended up pretty much where I started. But I know I can do this if I just stick with it!

So, some new goals:
  • I am attending someone elses wedding in September. I would like to weigh less at their wedding than I did at mine, even if it's only a lb! So goal weight 10st 13lb or less!
  • I want to end the year weighing less than I started it. I weighted 11st 1lb 1/1/11, so I want to be at least 10st 13lb
These are not big goals, just a slow and steady pace. But if I have similar goals next year... just a bit at a time I will eventually get there!

Old diary: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/182615-lauras-wedding-countdown-food-diary.html

My food diary template.

Food for today:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns
Syns for the week so far syns
Syns left for the week syns

Exercise

Key to colours:
Superfree or free on all plans
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Last edited:
Original day

Food for today:
Breakfast mullerlight, banana, alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)
Lunch Ham. southern fried Fridge raiders 2.5 syns 2 x babybel HEA. Dairylea Dunker with Ritz crackers 6 syns
Dinner piri-piri chicken kebabs. Chicken, red onion, peppers, lettuce, cucumber and green pepper. Homemade burgers: mince, onion, fresh herbs. 1 x laughing cow light triangle 1.5 syn. WM roll HEB. 1 tps mayo 4.5 syns.
Snacks alpen light bar (1/2 HEB)
Drinks
Total syns 14.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 14.5 syns
Syns left for the week 75.5 syns

Last edited:
Extra Easy Day

Food for today:
Breakfast fresh apricots and activia FF yog (yum!)
Lunch Rustic Bean and Pasta Soup
Dinner Chicken, 300g frozen weight McCains Rustic oven chips 3 syns, lettuce, cucumber, pepper, beetroot, celery, carrot. Strawberries. 1/3 pt sugar free jelly 0.5 syns. 12.5g Anchor light aerosol cream 1 syns
Snacks Banana HiFi bar HEB. 250ml milk HEA
Drinks 250ml red wine 8.5 syns, with diet lemonade as a spritzer. Diet coke, Coffee.
Total syns 13 syns
Syns for the week so far 27.5 syns
Syns left for the week 62.5 syns

Last edited:
Rustic Bean and Pasta Soup

Ingredients
2 onions
2 garlic cloves
3 celery sticks
2 carrots
400g can mixed beans
Fry Light
400g can chopped tomatoes
1½pt veg stock
handful of pasta
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
1. Prepare the soup ingredients: finely chop the onions; crush the garlic; cut the celery into 1 cm lengths; dice the carrots; drain and rinse the mixed beans.
2. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add the onions, garlic, celery, carrots, tomatoes, stock, seasoning and mixed beans, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Lightly blitz the soup with a handblender so it's slightly smoother but mostly chunky.
4. Stir in the pasta and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until just tender.

I also added a handful of mushrooms that I had booting around the bottom of the fridge and that was also nice :)

Hi Laura,

Congrats on getting back on the horse! I think you're being very practical by setting a realistic time and method for weight loss. And the good news is you don't have much to lose! And don't beat yourself up for over eating on your honeymoon - it was your HONEYMOON for goodness sake! If you can't go crazy at that, when can you? :)

Also, are you incorporating any exercise into your plan? Are you generally an active person? It really helps shed (and keep!) those pounds off, and it keeps you fit!

Hi Cherry Pie. I'm not really a very active person (at all!) but I am trying a Zumba class tonight, which I will be able to do once a week and I am going to try to add in a bit of walking to the day.. maybe half hour wander at lunch time, or walking home from town at end of day (approx 45 mins) I know it would go much quicker if I did. :rolleyes:

Green Day

Food for today:
Breakfast fresh apricots and activia FF yog
Lunch Rustic Bean and Pasta Soup
Dinner Chicken as HEB with 1 tsp green pesto 1 syn, 42g mozarella x 2 HEA x 2 with potato wedges. 1tbsp BBQ sauce 0.5 syn
Snacks Oatibix Bar x2 1 HEB and 6 syns
Drinks
Total syns 7.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 35 syns
Syns left for the week 55 syns

Last edited:
Extra Easy Day

Food for today:
Breakfast Fresh Raspberies and mullerlight
Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Lunch Chicken, lettuce, carrot, red cabbage. WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Dinner Oh dear, went to Pizza Express for dinner as it was our one month 'anniversary' of getting married. Too many syns to count! Write off today and carry on as normal tomorrow!

Last edited:
Food for today:
Breakfast Fresh Raspberies and mullerlight
Lunch Chicken, lettuce, carrot, red cabbage. 3 x babybel light HEA
Dinner Kheema Mutter with Adrakh Saag bhaji, and rice Strawberries. 1/3 pt sugar free jelly 0.5 syns. 25g Anchor light aerosol cream 2 syns
Snacks Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB, Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB. kelloggs bliss bar 4.5 syns
Drinks
Total syns 7 syns
Syns for the week so far 42 syns
Syns left for the week 15 syns

Last edited:
Oh dear, went a bit off plan Friday and Saturday. When will i pull myself together? Scales showed +1lb this week which I know is deserved due to having 2 pizza binges this week! But, I also know it was more like water weight back on than actual fat so hopefully if I can do one week 100% I can show a loss next Saturday! Taking it one day at a time...

Extra Easy Day

Food for today:
Breakfast Banana
Lunch Ham. southern fried Fridge raiders 2.5 syns 3 x babybel light HEA. Dairylea Dunker with Ritz crackers 6 syns. Activia Fat free
Dinner Chicken,piri-piri seasoning, couscous, lemon, coriander, chilli, lettuce, cucumber, pepper, celery. Fat free yoghurt, strawberries. 1 tbsp honey 2.5 syns
Snacks 3 x Gu 'millionaires flapjack' bite at least 6 syns
Drinks options hot choc 2 syns
Total syns 19 syns
Syns for the week so far 19 syns
Syns left for the week 71 syns

Last edited:
Food for today:
Breakfast shapers strawberry nougat 4 syns
Lunch lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, egg, new potato HEB, roast salmon. pineaple, melon, kiwi fruit and blueberry fruit salad
Dinner bacon, mushroom, eggs, 2 x28g cheese 2xHEA
Snacks Shaper strawberry layer yoghurt 2 syns. Little bit of dark chocolate 2.5 syns. Galaxy caramel bites 10 syns Fibre plus HEB
Drinks
Total syns 18.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 37.5 syns
Syns left for the week 52.5 syns

Another high syn day due to poor planning. If I had had any mullerlights or activias in the house I would have saved 2 syns on the yoghurt and just not eating the little bit of dark chocolate would have saved 2.5 and i would have been under 15 syns for the day... Hmmpf. Must try harder! Will have to have less syns the next few days to make up for it. Works out at approx 13 syns per day now.

Last edited:
Mostly off plan today... but here's what I ate

Food for today:
Breakfast Mullerlight. Fibre plus bar
Lunch Pesto, mozarrella and roasted veg bagel. Naked cereal bar
Dinner Chicken fajita, lemon and coriander cous-cous. approx 42g mature low fat cheese. One tortilla
Snacks 1x bag Sainsburys cheese and red onion snacks. 2x babybel. Skinny cow Ice lolly
Drinks Lots of water and diet coke
Total syns lots syns
Syns for the week so far 37.5 syns +lots
Syns left for the week 45 syns

Also had 1hr Zumba class which I hope went some way to cancel out my off plan-ness :p

Last edited:
Old skool Mix2Max day

Food for today:
Breakfast Melon,including watermelon. Fibre plus bar HEB
Lunch salmon, lettuce, carrot, red cabbage, 2x babybel HEA. Activia Fat free
Dinner 300g McCain rustic oven chips 3 syns, baked beans. 42g reduced fat cheese HEA
Snacks mr kipling angel cake slice 7 syns. Melon, pineapple, mango. 2x Alpen light bars HEB
Drinks
Total syns syns

Last edited:
Meal ideas for next week:

Breakfasts: Yoghurt and cousous and fruit. SW milkshake (Mullerlight +HEA milk + HEB tinned fruit) Bacon sandwich with wm roll

Lunches: Rustic Bean and Pasta Soup (in the freezer), prawn and feta salad, pesto pasta salad, kheema curry (leftovers) with jacket potato.Jacket potato with beans and cheese.

Dinners: Pastitso. Chicken Chasseur, chicken stirfry, sausage casserole, spinach and ricotta pasta

Last edited:
Oh dear.. it is 8 weeks until the wedding we are going to and I still need to loose 10lbs, to reach my goal of weighing less at their wedding than I did at mine .. I really need to refocus :p

Last edited:
Food for today:
Breakfast Bacon with wm roll HEB
Lunch kheema mutter
Dinner Uncle Bens tomato and herb risotto 4.5 syns
Snacks shape white choc dessert 5.5 syns, snack-a-jacks caramel 5 syns
Drinks diet coke
Total syns 15 syns + ice cream
Syns for the week so far 15+ syns
Syns left for the week 60 syns

Exercise none

Last edited:
I MUST get my eating under control!!

Food for today:
Breakfast alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Lunch lettuce, carrot, red cabbage roasted salmon. 2 x pagan krisprolls 4 syns, some philedelphia light with roasted peppers. Not much. est. 2 syns
Dinner spaghetti bolognese
Snacks Activia FF yog, alpen light bar 1/2 HEB, 3 squares dairy milk 4 syns
Drinks
Total syns syns

Exercise

Last edited:
And so it is a new year and I am starting my weight loss journey again. Again. My weight has spiralled over the last few months and I am now the heaviest I have ever been.. My first aim is to take it one day at a time. I can do this.

And so it is a new year and I am starting my weight loss journey again. Again. My weight has spiralled over the last few months and I am now the heaviest I have ever been.. My first aim is to take it one day at a time. I can do this.

Welcome back and don't worry, We've all been their hun sooooooo
Don't look back, look forward. Think 'this is my year'.

Have you doing this from home or going to group? Apart from starting your diary again, come on here as much as poss and we will try our best to support you (while trying to keep focused ourselves)
x

Back