I can't afford most of these diets...

Hi,

I think what I need to start losing weight properly is support / people around me who are in the same situation.
The problem with this is that I can't afford to join any diet programme because my budget literally won't stretch to it :(.
I don't know how to get myself motivated and am not sure what to do next!

idk what to really advise....ummmm can u give me a general idea of what you eat drink etc?

and start exercise....go for more walks aorund local parks etc, or use tins of beans as weights, have a dance about to the radio. its all free but all counts and makes the difference

idk what to really advise....ummmm can u give me a general idea of what you eat drink etc?

and start exercise....go for more walks aorund local parks etc, or use tins of beans as weights, have a dance about to the radio. its all free but all counts and makes the difference

I eat pretty badly, although I am working on changing it as we speak.
My main meal is generally quite late at night which I think is probably a bad idea. I eat a lot of fish and chicken with rice/noodles and fresh sauces!

In terms of exercise, I walk my dog for 30-45 a day and also use the Wii fit thing for another 30-45...

I think it must be the food I'm eating. I eat a hell of a lot of carbs, it's like an addiction! I used to eat a lot of pastry/pies etc but have completely stopped that so now its just potatoes and their derivatives haha!

I'm really bad at setting my own goals, if that makes sense? I can set a goal for myself but achieving often falls by the wayside...I was hoping if I could afford a weekly slimming class etc I would find targets more achievable 'cause there's a sense of owing it to your peers/class?
As I can't do that I'm just a bit down!

I eat pretty badly, although I am working on changing it as we speak.
My main meal is generally quite late at night which I think is probably a bad idea. I eat a lot of fish and chicken with rice/noodles and fresh sauces!

In terms of exercise, I walk my dog for 30-45 a day and also use the Wii fit thing for another 30-45...

I think it must be the food I'm eating. I eat a hell of a lot of carbs, it's like an addiction! I used to eat a lot of pastry/pies etc but have completely stopped that so now its just potatoes and their derivatives haha!

I'm really bad at setting my own goals, if that makes sense? I can set a goal for myself but achieving often falls by the wayside...I was hoping if I could afford a weekly slimming class etc I would find targets more achievable 'cause there's a sense of owing it to your peers/class?
As I can't do that I'm just a bit down!

fish and chicken are great too eat if cooked in the right way ... and carbs they can be a downfall for many. but they are a natural part of any diet.

There are some great free sites on the net where you can track your weightloss week by week but i do get what you mean by peer support.

If you want to cut out on the carbs... and you eat meat have you er thought of maybe doing something like atkins .... all the info is available on the atkins site no need to shell out for books etc.

And pledge to people on the site, although we may not be there in person trust me you will come to realise how supportive everyone on here are. It was a life line and still is for me ...and i came back after feeling like a failure.

There are ways around everything ...but you really need to want to lose the weight and well everyone on here is in the same boat and wants the same results.

Sorry if im not much help but im sure other members will be along shortly with some more useful info.

Good Luck on whatever you decide

<3

fish and chicken are great too eat if cooked in the right way ... and carbs they can be a downfall for many. but they are a natural part of any diet.

There are some great free sites on the net where you can track your weightloss week by week but i do get what you mean by peer support.

If you want to cut out on the carbs... and you eat meat have you er thought of maybe doing something like atkins .... all the info is available on the atkins site no need to shell out for books etc.

And pledge to people on the site, although we may not be there in person trust me you will come to realise how supportive everyone on here are. It was a life line and still is for me ...and i came back after feeling like a failure.

There are ways around everything ...but you really need to want to lose the weight and well everyone on here is in the same boat and wants the same results.

Sorry if im not much help but im sure other members will be along shortly with some more useful info.

Good Luck on whatever you decide

<3

Thanks for all the great advice :) - I really appreciate it.

If I'm honest I know next to nothing about diets. I need to cut out carbs, I know that for a fact and would be interested in hearing more about diets such as Atkins...

I look at all these diets and need to hear from real people who are succeeding on them if you know what I mean??

I hope you're doing well with whatever your diet choice is :) - size ten would be amazing wouldn't it? Haha

pop into the atkins section...idk post in all of them and ask questions...

unless you ask you wont learn :)

x

keep me updated :)
x

you can eat loadsa veggies....just the green ones

i did atkins at the start of my diet and some of the food and recipies are mouth watering :)

you can eat loadsa veggies....just the green ones

i did atkins at the start of my diet and some of the food and recipies are mouth watering :)

Good news!
It sounds like there's a lot of salads which is especially good news as I was going to swap most my main meals for salads with a meat/fish element anyway...I love salads haha.
I'll definitely consider it - if it makes a difference I'll be ecstatic haha!

it always does :), id start explaining about ketosis and how it works but there are some fab posts by jim and other members on the atkins forum about how it works etc :)

it always does :), id start explaining about ketosis and how it works but there are some fab posts by jim and other members on the atkins forum about how it works etc :)

See I don't even know what that means so I'll have to properly look it up. I'm new to this 'proper' dieting thing. As I say the only way I ever lost weight previously was through being so desperately busy and working 50+ hours a week!
x

when your body burns calories...the ones you get from carbs are normally used first, so without carbs or a vast reduction in teh case of atkins ...your body has to use other sources ...so fat!

and that process is callled ketosis.

thats not the full explaination....but its how i understand it ....and teh weight comes off so im okay with it :)

when your body burns calories...the ones you get from carbs are normally used first, so without carbs or a vast reduction in teh case of atkins ...your body has to use other sources ...so fat!

and that process is callled ketosis.

thats not the full explaination....but its how i understand it ....and teh weight comes off so im okay with it :)

I'm happy with the words weight comes off.
I want to feel like me again! I don't even want to be 'thin', I was happy at 10.5 stone which is apparently still 'overweight' for my height yet I was a 12 and completely happy hehe :)

followong bmi isnt always a good idea, as long as you are healthy eat well and feel good about yourself thats the most important thing

i used to be 5ft3 and 10 6, i was "over weight" but i was happy with myself.

but i grew 2 inches :O, and i suppose i can have a higher weigh :/

stop when you love yourself not when you see a number

Definitely, I'm somewhere between 5'2 and 5'3 and 10.5 felt right, although I always would have liked to have been slightly smaller (but kept my tits which wasn't likely haha)...I think I'd rather be taller to be honest ha.
I'm too poor to afford an 'Atkins shop' but I'm gonna kick it off properly from tomorrow, no more lovely potatoes :'( hehe

i used to loooovveee carbs like pasta and was addicted to pots. but strangely enough i cant stand them anymore :/

Hi,

I think what I need to start losing weight properly is support / people around me who are in the same situation.
The problem with this is that I can't afford to join any diet programme because my budget literally won't stretch to it :(.
I don't know how to get myself motivated and am not sure what to do next!

Hiya

This is the EXACT reason I couldnt carry on a diet. I was getting no support, only shruggs and 'again?' so i would give up pretty much straight away. And I am also unemployed so I cant buy fresh foods all the time or anything.

So I have came up with a few ideas for myself.
The first one was minimins. I went on a hunt for a forum I could join in order to have some one there that I didnt want to let down.
Second of all, I made a chart, I have hung this chart in the kitchen and am listing anything I eat and when I eat it. Remember: what u eat doesnt ALWAYS have to be the healthiest of food...just lower ur portions and cut out ur snacks.
The third thing I've done is, A daily to-do list First thing in the morning, before Ive gone into the bathroom and even before breakfast and jeremy Kyle, I make a list of the things I want to achieve from my day, and even if u want a rare lazy day, you can list things like 'Try and drink 8 glasses of water' 'watch Corrie' etc...Just something to aim to and keep ur head up. This gives u a sense of achievement when the day has ended.
Another thing I have started is An online blog,in this blog (even if no one is reading it) i have written what I have done with my day, how im feeling, etc. It really does help.

Good Luck xxx:flirt2:

Back