I cant get past day 3 without binging

I have just read a book called brain over binge that was recommended to me, it has really really helped :) I could relate to it a lot. Try it :)

Isn't it weird when you do it you think you're the only one then a supportive forum like minimins makes you realise you're not alone!

To answer op, I usually fail before day three. With my latest fail I put on 10lbs in couple of weeks. Tried several times to restart but finally got past day three.

Keep on trucking ladies :)

Hiya,

I hate to say it but it seems your not in the right "PLACE" for losing weight at the moment as really anyone who was really ready to commit to it would not be having these issues and all you are doing by trying to force the issue is making yourself unhappy.

Why dont you try a different approach and try stuff like taking a photo of yourself in a bikini or something similar, this kind of shock treatment is often whats needed to get peoples head straightened out.

Until you get your self to the point where you absolutely have to lose weight you will never break through these self made barriers you have put up, because putting it simply nothing is forcing you to binge after 3 days, you are making a conscious CHOICE to do so.

I know its probably not what you want to hear but noone can help you with this but YOU.

I feel a bit of a cheat posting in this thread, I've been at target since August, lost 3stone in total in less than a year, was dead good no binging because I was so focused....but suddenly now I;ve started, and really quite badly for me. I think its because even when at target I still kept losing, and then I had a little binge....didnt affect my weight...so the next week I had another binge.....and so its continued. Im still at target but crave chocolates etc SO much more, before I was never bothered. But whenever I binge, I feel so guily almost immediately and then wont let myself have any more syns for the rest of the week. I dont like feeling like im losing control.....

Hey i could have written your post myself, i am exactly the same. Ive been at sw for 3 weeks now, first two weeks great, week three was one big chocolate binge, like literally very little food and just mega chocolate and crisps. I am hoping to get back on track tomorow after gaining 3lbs this week.

The way i coped with the first two weeks with my cravings were mid afternoon (craving point for me) i would have a turkish delight, then i would hav 2 chocolate fudge alpen lights at nigh in front of tv and a packet of low syn crisps . It means i am having 15 syns a day. xx

So many people struggling with this and to be honest I would imagine that the vast majority of people who are on a diet are struggling with this in one form or another as that's how they've ended up needing to lose weight in the first place. Lisajade your idea was great in terms of really looking at bingeing patterns but think it needs to go a bit further for some folk. One of the things we know about bingeing is that it causes awful feeling afterwards but sometimes for lots of people these feelings are already there for other reasons but are kept pushed down till it can be blamed on a binge. So being clear about the feelings can help when tackling binges.

Firstly keeping a really honest binge diary is important so patterns of foods become clear and most importantly, trigger foods are obvious. For most people they know their trigger foods but it might not be clear what other subtle trigger foods might be there. Second, keeping an honest mood diary with what happened before during and after a binge being recorded are important. Again, mood triggers might not always be apparent till they are looked at in detail. What becomes clear is the time lag with binges where people start to feel self loathing, though this can happen as the binge happens or can be part of the mood associated with the binge. Trying to work on some of the things that are causing mood problems might not be possible to do alone so help may be needed but it's going to be much easier to get help if you have these details. It can just be a good exercise to do to really understand the reasons behind bingeing. Constantly damping down feelings with food is going to result in more bingeing but becoming more aware of the feelings might help to start dealing with actual issues. Part of the reason why people's heads might not be in the right place, as people have mentioned, is that looking at some of the reasons why bingeing happens is difficult and also sometimes it's harder to change the things that cause the binges in the first place. This is not an easy exercise to do and can take quite a bit of time. Also doesn't work for everyone.

Back