I can't moooooooooooove...

ermintrude

Gold Member
Gah. Went to doctor's without having had any food so was starving when I got back. Had a giant bowl of salad, a bowl of spicy hummus made of a whole tin of chickpeas with 3 giant mega-carrots, an apple, 2 satsumas, a big box of mixed berries, a Muller light with chocolate, and a coffee. I haven't had a single syn. I am Stuffed. As. A. Stuffed Thing.

I never thought you could get full on healthy stuff. I think I just ate it all too fast.

*POP*

Groo I really dont feel all that well now :jelous: I never usually eat a meal with NO syns/HEXs but it was just fast and easy. Maybe I should try it more often :D

Ermintrude I just want to say a massive thank you for your jalapeno houmous recipe, it's amazing! Will be a firm favourite from now on :D

Ermintrude I just want to say a massive thank you for your jalapeno houmous recipe, it's amazing! Will be a firm favourite from now on :D

Ahaa cool!:) I keep eating it about 3 or 4 times a week :eek: Started using the red jalapenos from Discovery yum yumlicious!:D

OK, here's the recipe:

Hummus recipe: (FREE on green/EE)

1 tin chickpeas, drained (keep the juice)
1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 tsp ground cumin
about 10 medium jalapeno slices (I like mine quite hot, you might want less than this)
Plenty of salt & freshly ground pepper

Stick the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and jalapenos in a food processor. Add 1 tbsp of the juice from the jalapeno jar and about 4tbsp of the juice from the chickpeas and whizz to desired consistency.

You will need to adjust the amount of chickpea juice to suit how thick/runny you like your hummus.

I like Discovery jalapenos better than Old El Paso - they're smaller but tastier. Also their red jalapenos are lovely and make it really colourful.

mmmmm hummus. Love love love this recipe! Took it to a taster session once, went down very well.

Thanks - that recipe sounds yummy!

After work I am definately buying chickpeas :D Sounds gorgeous!

Thanks for hummus recipe ermintrude, that's my lunch tomorrow with homemade pitta chips, red peppers and carrots. Yum yum :).

Ahaa cool!:) I keep eating it about 3 or 4 times a week :eek: Started using the red jalapenos from Discovery yum yumlicious!:D

Yes I used the red discovery ones OMG it was gorgeous! My OH loved it too, said it was better than the full fat one I usually get from Tesco.

Thanks again! :)

Hia how do you make homemade pitta? and how many syns is per pitta?

Homemade pitta chips hun. I just use pitta HEb, cut it into about 8 triangles, brush with crushed garlic clove mixed with fry light, add black pepper and a bit of salt, use a baking sheet, pop in the oven for about 7 -10 min, gas mark 5 and voilà! I am guessing using your HEb allowance this should be about 0 syns :D. Otherwise syn pitta at 7 I think.

Last edited:
Back