I cheated AGAIN last night :o(

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
OK it wasn't a huge cheat - I had two spoon fulls of home made lasagna - I managed to stop at that and contain the damage but am kicking myself that I just can't resist things like that and it feels that if I can't control myself during abstention then what am I going to be like when I return to food.

:mad:

Morning Morning!

Ok not the end of the world BUT as you say you have to work out why you do these things. If I learnt anything while on the diet it is that for most people being overweight is a symptom of a problem and not a problem in it's own right. You have to deal with whatever demons you have otherwise as you say you will be renting a skinny body.

For me it was comfort and boredom eating in the evenings so I now work and play hard in the evenings so that I am not bored and hence I don't hit the cupboards and the fridge.

But don't beat yourself up! That just means you end up feeling bad and that in itself can lead to nibbling!

Why not everytime you are going to nibble drink a large glass of water first and then if you still really want to nibble then do it! ;-)

M.

Oh Flopster - sorry you feel so horrid this morning.

When I was SSing - I made sure that I didn't cook anything that I couldn't resist - my kids had lots of ready-meals, rightly or wrongly!!

As Icemoose says, try having a drink (peppermint tea with tablet sweetener works for me when I'm in peril) or brush your teeth - that helps too!

Try to move on from it now and carry on today as if nothing had happened - you don't want to get into a negative state of mind, hun.

Its always harder when you have to cook for others.

The drinking extra water will help or cut up a bar in tiny pieces and pop bits of this into your mouth whilst the danger time is there.

You may have gone a little too long between shakes and maybe this could have allowed you to stray a little.

Still today is a new day, pick yourself up, dust yourself down time to move forward.

Morning Morning!

Ok not the end of the world BUT as you say you have to work out why you do these things. If I learnt anything while on the diet it is that for most people being overweight is a symptom of a problem and not a problem in it's own right. You have to deal with whatever demons you have otherwise as you say you will be renting a skinny body.

For me it was comfort and boredom eating in the evenings so I now work and play hard in the evenings so that I am not bored and hence I don't hit the cupboards and the fridge.

But don't beat yourself up! That just means you end up feeling bad and that in itself can lead to nibbling!

Why not everytime you are going to nibble drink a large glass of water first and then if you still really want to nibble then do it! ;-)

M.

Excellent advice:) :) :)

Thank you both, the problem is that I just enjoy eating - that is the top and bottom of it really. I enjoy textures and flavours and tastes. Last night it was leftovers I ate, I knew I was in danger and so asked my hubby to clear away which he did but then left a big plate of lasagna on the side instead of covering it and putting it in the fridge.

I am so upset because whilst it was only a couple of mouthfuls and may or may not knock me out of ketosis it is the fact that I just couldn't walk away from it that I find disturbing.

Mike, your comments about renting a thin body ring so very true to me - I said as much in my post on VLCD forum on here entitled "After the fat has gone". Even with all the counselling I can't stop myself and that is what is worrying me so much.

This is my second blip in a week - the first being last weekend. I wouldn't care but I was feeling really good and very strong yesterday as well, not especially stressed, not even hungry but then some how I just couldn't walk past that lasagna without having a try.

I think it is has strengthened my resolve to continue with the SSing until such a time as I feel in control with the food - and that isn't going to be in another 53 days I don't think!

Once again thank you both so much.

Its always harder when you have to cook for others.

The drinking extra water will help or cut up a bar in tiny pieces and pop bits of this into your mouth whilst the danger time is there.

You may have gone a little too long between shakes and maybe this could have allowed you to stray a little.

Still today is a new day, pick yourself up, dust yourself down time to move forward.

Thanks Linda, I wasn't hungry at the time, that is why I am so upset, I just couldn't resist the smell and look of it.

Can't do the bars, they give me terrible wind lol so only have one for a Monday night when I am at LL counselling.

I contained it almost immediately, wrapping the food and putting it into the fridge but it still annoys and upsets me that I keep doing this to myself - especially as I was feeling so good about myself yesterday - I went to a party last night in my size 16 jeans and new top, I'd done my hair and makeup and was feeling good about myself.

Bah!

I think the thing you must remember is your are human and occasionally things like this will happen. Although you feel really disappointed with yourself it has happened and you must just move on.

With LL you do go a very long time without food, my other suggestion would have been to go on the 790 programme for a while at least during the summer holiday, but of course as you are on LL you cannot do this.

I am sure this was just a little blip and you will be fine from now on.

I contained it almost immediately, wrapping the food and putting it into the fridge but it still annoys and upsets me that I keep doing this to myself

It takes a really long time to get the head around it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Okay, you slipped up this time, but think of all the times you don't:cool:

You'll probably find that you'll slip up a few times when you get to goal, but it's a learning experience, not a failure.

I think the thing you must remember is your are human and occasionally things like this will happen. Although you feel really disappointed with yourself it has happened and you must just move on.

With LL you do go a very long time without food, my other suggestion would have been to go on the 790 programme for a while at least during the summer holiday, but of course as you are on LL you cannot do this.

I am sure this was just a little blip and you will be fine from now on.

Thank you Linda, you are of course right it is nothing more than a blip and at least I managed to move on phyiscally if not mentally, I am trying hard not to beat myself up too much - last weeks counselling session was on crooked thinking which addressed just that, I am going to try to take time out today to do some work through my green book and see what can be learnt from it.

Hey Flopster, you are doing so well don't be hard on yourself. How much would you have eaten in the bad old days? A lot more than 2 spoonfuls I expect. Don't forget eating is natural, we are all supposed to do it so if you ate something you shouldn't have I don't think it is that big a disaster. What is a disaster is how cross you are with yourself, you mustn't let the negative thoughts creep in. You are doing this and you are keeping on till it's done. End of.

Love and hugs

It takes a really long time to get the head around it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Okay, you slipped up this time, but think of all the times you don't:cool:

You'll probably find that you'll slip up a few times when you get to goal, but it's a learning experience, not a failure.

Very very very true! Thank you that really hit a cord with me.

Hey Flopster, you are doing so well don't be hard on yourself. How much would you have eaten in the bad old days? A lot more than 2 spoonfuls I expect. Don't forget eating is natural, we are all supposed to do it so if you ate something you shouldn't have I don't think it is that big a disaster. What is a disaster is how cross you are with yourself, you mustn't let the negative thoughts creep in. You are doing this and you are keeping on till it's done. End of.

Love and hugs

Hi Flopster,

It is hard when you have a slip especially when you are doing so well and the danger is that you can beat yourself up so much that you begin to feel unworthy of ever having a new slim figure and better health.

Eveyone seems to say that the nearer you get to goal the tougher it is and I think it seems very much to be like that.

We are all here for you, standing on the side lines cheering you on as those that have gone ahead know how it is and we who follow what the same for others as ourselves.

So be gentle with yourself and claim what you have already achieved and easy does it...one step at a time.:)

Hi Flopster.. every minute that has passed is just that.. Past.. there's nothing about it that we can change!!!!! we only have the minute we're in now, and if we're sticking to our plans, whatever they may be, then that's as good as it gets!!!!!! :)

You're doing brilliantly, don't let a small "slip" be a step backwards.. let it be a leap forward because you've learned from it:):)

Love xx

How much would you have eaten in the bad old days? A lot more than 2 spoonfuls I expect. Don't forget eating is natural, we are all supposed to do it so if you ate something you shouldn't have I don't think it is that big a disaster. What is a disaster is how cross you are with yourself, you mustn't let the negative thoughts creep in. You are doing this and you are keeping on till it's done. End of.

Everytime I think someone has summed up exactly how I am feeling, someone else posts something that rings so incredibly true.

You are very perceptive, I normally would have had a plateful then seconds then scraped the bowl so yes you are right the two spoonfuls is not horrendous in comparison!

You are also very right about the negative thoughts. It is ONLY because we did crooked thinking last week that I managed to stop myself doing further damage. Once the second spoonful passed my lips, I could close the chapter immediately, I told myself it didn't matter, it was done and it wasn't going to ruin my diet.

Thank you for such a perceptive post.

We are all here for you, standing on the side lines cheering you on as those that have gone ahead know how it is and we who follow what the same for others as ourselves.

It is you all being here for me that is making the difference this time. I was fine about the blip last night but I knew that if I posted about it, some real gems of useful information would come through - and it is that support that I believe for me will be the difference between succeeding and not.

Thank you everyone.

Hi Flopster,

I know myself if when I have slipped; those times were awful as I felt I had let everyone down and the chatterbox was going ten to a dozen...

Coming on and posting about it made me see that I was human and one slip was okay, it was letting the slip turn into the slide is where the danger lay and staying away simmering and beating myself up was how the big slide begins to happen, making it so much harder to get back on the straight and narrow.

New habits take time to replace old familiar ways of eating and snacking and all the things we forget are associated with food.

But new habits offer so much more and our world expands into new realms of possibilities and is no longer limited.

The joy of this site is that we all have each other. I have always been worried in the past about being a diet bore - yet when you are the one doing it, it is very hard not to talk about it a lot. On here we all know how each other feels and can help in times of trouble and cheer each other on too. I think it is the single biggest help I have ever had and am convinced it is the primary reason that I will suceed. Thanks Mini, Hugs

Back