I completed 5km run

nikci28

Hi everyone

I didn't meet my target of losing 7lb before i did the run. But will get back on track with the slimfast tomorrow.
I managed the 5km (3.1 miles) run in 40 mins, which is ok but wish i had done better as i did the race for life in 36 mins earlier this year. Hope everyone is doing ok. I will weigh in on a tues morning so will log my results on here in the challenge thread. Am now looking to do a 10km run next july for prostate cancer research foundation.

Well done! I'm training for a 10 K at the moment, am trying to do it in under an hour!

Hi
When you doing your 10km run?
I am going to start training properly tomorrow as have day off. Going to get my food right and start exercising every day, wither at gym or on wii fit for a minimum of 30 mins

Sunday 26th October! Started training this week, and am now coming down with something. Hopefully will be feeling better for tuesday's session!

Hi

I hope your feeling better for your training session on tuesday. I ache so much today :(

Have just created a 3 week food planner so i know what to it and not have to think about it too much.
SLimfast for breakfats and lunch and main meal for dinner, with salad sticks, fruit, cereal bars, low fat crisps, or yogurt for snacks. Am back to gym tomorrow so hoping the run was the kick start i needed.

keep up the good work guys :)

Nikki xx

WOW - you put me to shame. I doubt I could run 100 yards never mind 10K!!

Congrats on the 5k! When did you start training for that and how long did it take before you could run comfortably if you don't mind me asking? I've just started an 8 week training programme thats going to get me up to running 2 miles by the end of it and I'm really looking forward to doing a run without feeling like I'm about to die lol!

Hi everyone

I didn't meet my target of losing 7lb before i did the run. But will get back on track with the slimfast tomorrow.
I managed the 5km (3.1 miles) run in 40 mins, which is ok but wish i had done better as i did the race for life in 36 mins earlier this year. Hope everyone is doing ok. I will weigh in on a tues morning so will log my results on here in the challenge thread. Am now looking to do a 10km run next july for prostate cancer research foundation.

Well done nikci!! That's fantastic! I can only jog for 1min,lol! :eek:

Hi Guys

i didnt train that much for the run, but did 30 mins at the gym 3-4 times a week, but only cos my boiler was broken, and needed to have a shower, so went to gym for quick workout before work, then had a shower.

I am hoping to start training properly for a 10km run next year but am finding it really hard at the moment due to work. We are moving premises in 2 weeks and its all go at the moment.
Will get settled at work, then start my regime. Have also stopped the slimfast and started slimming world again for the next 14 weeks until xmas, need a change, lost nearly 2 stone before but ony put on 1 stone but thats since may, Haha. anyway enough about me.

Thanks for all your support guys, ill still pop in so wont leave you completly, will just been logging a few things on slimming world too

Nikki

Back