I could not get the Tesco Extra lean beef mince......

Loops25

so i had to just buy the tesco beef mince and not extra lean, but just looked and its 7 syns for 100g!!! :confused:

should i not bother? seems alot of syns to me, and I really wanted meatballs this week too :cry:

Basic/Non Branded Foods Beef, mince, standard 28g raw

red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3 Syns

i would have kept the meatball recipe for another day and made a bolgnese sauce. bulk it up with veggies.
try and make it the day before so that any fat that rises can be skimmed off.
when you are cooking it cook it off in one pan and then add it to the other pan that has the veggies. then finish off adding whatever it is you add ie puree, herbs

I'm probably going to be shot for this but.....

I never buy extra lean minced beef. I buy my minced beef from the butchers and drain any fat off whilst it's cooking. There's hardly any normally. I also never syn it and in the 2 years I've done SW I never have.

Sorry, I'm naughty......

what recipe is it? i had a look at the recipe forum but theres a few

as a way of cooking them either dry fry them or cook them in the oven then add to your sauce.

Thanks for the replies. We bought two big trays for £6 so will have to use them, i think i will drain it off very well, ummmmm yum yum, love meatballs xx

The recipe is, mince, mixed with, small onions, egg, seasoning, then formed into balls, dry fried to seal then added to a dish with tinned tomatoes, seasoned then in the oven xx

The recipe is, mince, mixed with, small onions, egg, seasoning, then formed into balls, dry fried to seal then added to a dish with tinned tomatoes, seasoned then in the oven xx

i would dry fry them, put in the oven for 10 mins or so to finish cooking then put into the sauce.

Back