I dont get it

some of my quick and easy faves for when you just cannot be bothered (cheap too bonus)

my fave brekkie ham and eggs and tomato
dippy eggs with toast and asparagus
ham salad and sw chips
egg chips and beans (fruit salad to start) for 1/3 superfree
corned beef hash make one massive pan with just one tin of corned beef it really spreads the syns to keep it a low syn meal
cheesy chips and salad (my guilty pleasure) dont forget cheese as a hex a
bangers mash and veg (low syn sausages such as ww ones are 1/2 syn each and i make my gravy by blitzing onions that ive simmered in beef stock)
roast chicken i cook it and remove all skin and pick the carcass until theres nothing left on it you get alot from one chicken i lob in salads turn into rooasts have with chips or even just on a butty got tons of ideas but these are great easy cheap ones
i also make a big batch of pasta sauce and freeze in cubes and always have cooked pasta in my fridge (just a few sauce ice cubes veggies whatever meat is in fridge chucked together in a pan with ready cooked pasta easy peasy
slow cookers are fab for soups stews etc you can even chuck meat in frozen

hope that helps

i live off quick easy meals and have cooking days so i can just defrost and heat no hassle

I am in exactly the same boat have all good intentions and then fall straight off the wagon. Lost two stone and have put it all back on again nearly am so fed up with myself it's unreal ?

If you have a look on the 'number 1 favourite SW meal' thread, it's in the top threads somewhere, there are tons of really interesting and easy recipes to try :)

Hi Emma, I feel same sometimes, wish I could afford a personal chef! lol sometimes its the planning and motivational side of things that cause our issue with food in first place, I find the organizing side of it a bit challenging at times. As soon as I have enough posts on here I should be able to message you and we can work out how I can get this onenote folder thing I've made up. Its full of all sorts of recipes and info I've been collecting.

I didnt have any confidence in cooking either untill very recently when a friend whos a good cook was around at my house and offered to 'whip'something up.. I wasn't doing slimming world at the time but I know that if this 'incident' hadnt have happened I wouldnt have 'got' slimming world like I have now ( I did have a great first 2 weeks)

Anyway back to the story.. I said to my friend that I didnt really have anything in the house.. and she said sure you do you have cabbage.. pasta..onion, garlic and yoghurt.. I know this may sound obvious to some people but I really hadnt realised that if I chopped up and onion and fryed it slowly ( I used to always fry things too quick before) with some garlic while I boiled some pasta ( I had tagliatellie/lingine) while i rolled up a cabbage (I'd never rolled up a cabbage lol) and then chopped it so it was in little strips, then added it to garlic and pasta and then CRUCIALLY took it off the heat to add plain yoghurt (or creme freshe, quark or fromage frais (syn appropriately) I'd have a tasty meal! and that could be adapted... so sometimes id add peas.. sometimes bacon chopped.. sometimes I had a jar of pickled cockles! Its quick and versatile way of cooking and mixing it up.

Some of that may be obvious but to me who didnt really know how to cook it was a revelation... the weirdest thing was that week I ate loads of this and lost weight without intending to.. so when I was told about slimming world I knew why you could eat as much pasta as you like.. Sometimes (like this week and last) I get waaaay too tired to even do that buts usually cos I've let kitchen mess up and when you're tired even that seems too much to tackle, but all in all this meal can take 10 minutes! and onions, garlic and quark and pasta are the best base for most things... so dont worry if you dont have lots of recipes.. you can get hang of things and adapt them.

Hope that helps a bit? I will do my best to get you my 'computer recipe' folder some how too but bare with me.

Slim&slinky said:
Hi Emma, I feel same sometimes, wish I could afford a personal chef! lol sometimes its the planning and motivational side of things that cause our issue with food in first place, I find the organizing side of it a bit challenging at times. As soon as I have enough posts on here I should be able to message you and we can work out how I can get this onenote folder thing I've made up. Its full of all sorts of recipes and info I've been collecting.

I didnt have any confidence in cooking either untill very recently when a friend whos a good cook was around at my house and offered to 'whip'something up.. I wasn't doing slimming world at the time but I know that if this 'incident' hadnt have happened I wouldnt have 'got' slimming world like I have now ( I did have a great first 2 weeks)

Anyway back to the story.. I said to my friend that I didnt really have anything in the house.. and she said sure you do you have cabbage.. pasta..onion, garlic and yoghurt.. I know this may sound obvious to some people but I really hadnt realised that if I chopped up and onion and fryed it slowly ( I used to always fry things too quick before) with some garlic while I boiled some pasta ( I had tagliatellie/lingine) while i rolled up a cabbage (I'd never rolled up a cabbage lol) and then chopped it so it was in little strips, then added it to garlic and pasta and then CRUCIALLY took it off the heat to add plain yoghurt (or creme freshe, quark or fromage frais (syn appropriately) I'd have a tasty meal! and that could be adapted... so sometimes id add peas.. sometimes bacon chopped.. sometimes I had a jar of pickled cockles! Its quick and versatile way of cooking and mixing it up.

Some of that may be obvious but to me who didnt really know how to cook it was a revelation... the weirdest thing was that week I ate loads of this and lost weight without intending to.. so when I was told about slimming world I knew why you could eat as much pasta as you like.. Sometimes (like this week and last) I get waaaay too tired to even do that buts usually cos I've let kitchen mess up and when you're tired even that seems too much to tackle, but all in all this meal can take 10 minutes! and onions, garlic and quark and pasta are the best base for most things... so dont worry if you dont have lots of recipes.. you can get hang of things and adapt them.

Hope that helps a bit? I will do my best to get you my 'computer recipe' folder some how too but bare with me.

Thanks hun that would be fab nd thanks to everyone for their tips and advice xx

forgot to mention that I know you said you didnt like yoghurt but cooking with it isvery different.. creamy sauce for pasta.. but ive started to use quark since doing slimming world and sometimes creme freshe is tastier and doesnt have too many syns per tablespoon. (sorry if thats obvious no clue what peoples cooking skills/knowledge is, all i know is mines basic and this really helped me understand some concepts of cooking and adapting and seemingly making a dish out of 'nothing' lol

SW burger and chips is lovely. Burger made with Extra lean mince, can use a bun as your healthy extra B if you want, lovely SW chips and then salad or veg on the side. I love this meal, feels like a real saturday night treat but is syn-free!

MissHarleyQuinn92 said:
Is that not allowed..? o_o'

No its copywrite and its not fair for members who pay if everyone can access it free on here :)

If you are short of ideas look on this link below.
Pete

Back