I don't like Mondays

Hi Kes,

I hope you have lost more than a pound on Monday, you have a few more days left to lose a bit more yet. My scales are irritatingly correct, we have tiled floors so I think that helps.

I managed half an hour on gym last night and I don't feel achy today so I'm gona lift it up a bit tonight - didn't want to overdo it at first so it's only just over horizontal.

Once I'd started I quite enjoyed it, it's making the effort in the first place that's hard. I was a bit annoyed last night coz I got in bath after I'd done it and missed hubby calling on skype. By the time I'd got out his power had gone off so I ended up with a missed call. Typical!

What do you do on the Xenical diet? Is it a meal replacement or do you take tablets but still have to eat carefully as well?

Tracey

xenical is dr prescribed version of alli... its also double the strength.
you are not allowed to eat anything with more than 5%fat in it and also no more than 15g per meal.
if you do.... well..... i wouldnt like to think (as ive not had it yet) what would happen.. there are horrible side effects of bad orange oil (that doesnt get digested as the tablets stop you obsorbing 1/3 of the fat you eat) and well lets just say i wouldnt like to have it, and im trying very hard not to..

but you can still eat as many calories... which is rubbish... as i think thats where im going wrong......
need to up my game!!

where is your hubby?

I think you're right about the not being able to eat as many calories bit, and I dread to think what would happen if you had too much fat. I once tried a diet (not SW but a bit like it) and that said I could have as much potato as I wanted. Well, I can eat tons of potato and I did, so ended up putting weight on.

Diets telling me a 'reasonable' amount of something don't work either - my 'reasonable' portions are far too big, that's why I'm dieting.

Hubby is in Nigeria doing voluntary work. I try not to ring him much coz it's to Nigerian mobile and costs a fortune so we try to stick to skype coz it's free. Only trouble is he needs electric and internet at the same time, they don't have electric very often there so I get annoyed if he's had both and I miss him.

It's not too bad most of the time but this'll be the first Christmas we've had apart since we got married (29 years).

you have been married 29 years! wow...
when does your hubby get back?

February 2011, OMG, I try not to think about it too much. He went Feb last year and has only been back for 3 weeks in Sept, he was so thin I had to try and feed him up. I'd put about a stone on!

Didn't get a lot of weight back on him but managed to put even more on myself (lol), I'm determined that next time he comes home I'll be a lot slimmer than I am now.

can you not get out there???
why didnt you go with him in the first place?? (if you dont mind me asking)

Hiya Kes,

I don't mind you asking at all. Originally he was going to go and I would go out there and see him occasionally. I didn't want to go with him because I preferred to stay here and he would be working.

When he got there the conditions were bad to say the least. No piped water, to wash he has a bucket of water with a cup and keeps pouring water over his head. Electricity is rare, sometimes they have it for an hour or 2 but not often. Sometimes a week goes by with no electricity at all. The flat he lives in is not good by our standards either - mice and other creatures.

They call him an oyebo (white man) there and he has to be careful which areas he goes to and never goes out at night unaccompanied. This would a lot worse for me being female.

After he'd been there a while we decided that it would be safer for him to come home for a holiday than me going there and it would give him a rest from the living conditions as well.

I think it would have been nice to go out there but it's very expensive to travel there, I need about 10 injections (some of which I can't get here so I'd have to go back to England first to get them) and a couple of days would probably be as much as I could stand.

While he's there I hate throwing any food away, but I have to get my head round the fact that me eating it instead of throwing it away doesn't help him. It's not for ever though, it's only 2 years and the first one will be over in February.

Tracey

well im gutted. ive not lost a thing!!! nothing!!!
(although my scales told me otherwise!!!)
so upset with myself. but at least ive not put on i guess....
right off to go pick hubby up in the snow... its snowing like mad here.... BBBRRRRR

Take a deep breathe - here goes - a pound and a half on! Not bad considering what I've eaten over last few days - maybe it'll go on next week as it sometimes seems to do if I've had a bit of a binge.

Anyway, I've done the worst, got weighed and now I'm back to it. I'm just about to move all the goodies from under the tree and move them to the spare room where I will take out only what I can have for my extras. It's not a good idea leaving them where they are as they're looking at me, saying 'eat me!'

I've enjoyed having the few days of eating what I want but in a strange sort of way I'm kinda glad I'm getting back to it. I'm gona try to ignore the New Year (food and drink wise) as much as possible and if I feel pressurised into eating or drinking something I shouldn't have, I'm going to plead too much overeating at Christmas and say I can't face eating anything. That seems to be more acceptable to society than saying I'm dieting.

Well, here's to a thinner New Year!!!

i feel the same, its nice that i (as i am off the tablets at the moment) can eat what ive wanted, and not worry. but i cant wait till after christmas/new year to be able to get back onto it again, and start seeing the weight go again (rather than go up!!)

ive put on 2lb this week which isnt great, but hey ho......
will be working at getthing that off... (just got back from a long walk into town and back with hubby) bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr
we are going to friends house for new years and we are going to have a thai, and im sure there is going to be other rubbish eaten, so its not over for me just yet, but will get there...
my day back on the tablets will be the 4th.... and also back onto slim fast too...

hope you are ok, and had a good christmas...

Hiya Kes, It was nice to be free from thinking about food for a bit wasn't it? I don't think either of us have done too badly have we?

I had a lovely Christmas, my son came to stay (he's a chef, so I ate very well) so I'm very pleased not to have put too much on.

I'm hoping not to be doing anything really for New Year (Feel a bit of a Bah Humbug) but it's easier than battling with people trying to encourage you to eat and drink lots.

The walk'll have done you good and if you do the slimfast with the tablets you should soon start shedding after the 4th. Have a good New Year.

Tracey

you have a good new year too!!!
We decided that we would enjoy new years while we can, and we are going to go to some really nice friends place!! I dont think im going to be forced to eat, and i hope that i can be good, knowing the tablets are not in my system any more... Eeekkkk but the friends we are going to are really supportive and know that i want to lose weight!!

Congratulations! :) I am glad I am not the only one who weighs themselves everyday! Although, you're stopping... which is good! I hope today is a good day Tracy :) x

weighed in on my scales this morning and ive sts over the complete festive season, which i a happy about.. Just need it confirmed by the dr on his scales!!!!
Eeeekkkk

I'll keep my fingers toes and everything else crossed for you Kes.

Kerry-ann, I have stopped weighing myself everyday but still probably still get weighed every other day. I'm trying to wean myself off it gently.

I've just got weighed and I've lost a pound and a half this week (the pound and a half I put on over Christmas) so I've sts over all Christmas like you Kes. I am so pleased because I weighed myself on Saturday and I'd put on pounds (I know I shouldn't have done it but it did give me the kick up the backside I needed to get straight back to it).

I'm gona take great pleasure in updating my ticker now - I was dreading it. Lets hope 2010 is gona be a good year for all of us.

Tracey

well the Dr is happy, and i stayed the same. so i happy with that.
bring on next month and then i will actually be able to report a loss....

im at 2lb loss this week.. woop woop. im back on track... will have to wait until the dr app on the 1st feb to be able to claim it but im getting thre again!! woop woop

Well done Kes, I'm so pleased for you. Let's hope there a bit more by February.

I put a pound on. Had a bad last couple of days, couldn't get hubby on phone coz it was switched off so was worried sick about why it was off - he never switches it off in case I have to ring him if something goes wrong - car, heating etc.

Anyway managed to get him yesterday (battery was flat and they'd had no electric for a few days) and with relief opened bottle of Champagne in fridge from Christmas and drank the lot. I then started on the chocolates!

Well, the damage is not as bad as I expected and I'm determined I'll lose next week.

Tracey

Back