I don't think the diet is working

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by NN89, 7 February 2010 Social URL.

1. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I had a pre-weigh in at the gym today, and found I'd put on 0.5lb, my weigh in is tomorrow night

I've been uber strict this week, measuring things out, having under 12 syns a day, and also going to the gym 3 times this week, AND drinking more water, i feel so disappointed. I just don't know whether this is the diet for me anymore? My food diary today has been:

Breakfast: Special K sustain, skimmed milk, coffee, banana

Snack: Quark mixed with white chocolate options powder, harttleys jelly and blueberries and strawberries

Lunch: Rice with turkey curry (home made with natural yogurt, quark, mushy peas, peppers, onions, and tomatos)

Snack: Marsbar icecream (8 syns)

Am i doing something wrong? I'm feeling a total failure, fat, frumpy and ugly at the moment :eek::cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. scottish lass

scottish lass THIS IS MY YEAR

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    did you weigh yourself at the gym last week? if not, different scales all weigh you different, i'm 4lb lighter on my own scales as opposed to the sw ones. you should weigh yourself on the same scales if possible. you might find that you have lost. let us know how you got on

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Scales lie! Your gym scales are not the same as the SW ones so what they say bears no relation to what the SW will say at your official weigh-in. The scales at my gym always have me heavier than the class ones. All scales are calibrated differently and if you were to weigh yourself on 10 sets you'd more than likely get 10 different answers. So don't do it! It messes with your head, as you've found.

5. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers

I'm just feeling so frumpy though, when i loose weight, i can feel it from my middle- my spare tyre i measure it on what I pinch and ive seen no change at all this week, im just feeling- awful! Bigger than ever :(

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    And if the scales at the gym had said you'd lost a couple of pounds would you be feeling so down? No! The spare tyre would still be there but the voice in your head would be singing and happy instead of calling you horrible names and putting you down. So how you're feeling is entirely down to what's in your head and not to what's around your waist. If your best friend called you fat and frumpy they wouldn't be your friend for very long, you'd tell them where to go! So why is all right to for you to do it to yourself. Instead of moping around go and do something positive that wll contribute to you losing weight - a brisk walk, sing a song, make a SW friendly dinner, dance naked in front of the cat! And don't worry!

alwyn, funcurls, kissme and 7 others like this.
  7. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Circes I wanted to give you a reputation point for that but it wouldn't let me put another one again !! Brilliantly put and so true xx

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    OK, so the scales at the gym,,,,, are they expensive digital ones? Or are they the £14.99 ones from Boots? The SW scales cost £250 and are regularly maintained and checked for accuracy! You pay SW to weigh you, they should be the only scales you use.

9. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you usually go to the gym 3 times a week? Doing more exercise can increase/stop you losing weight while your body adjusts to the new regime.

Have you done an EE day today? Your diary looks ok, but maybe you can up your superfree instead of having the optins/jelly type snacks? Also, try using ALL of your syns, as not having enough can work the opposite of what you might think!

10. xXxsonyaxXx

xXxsonyaxXx Full Member

To be honest i wouldnt take notice of the scales at the gym i would stick to be weighed weekly as ive done the same as you been to boots got weighed and gained around 4ibs i felt awful and so down but when i went to weight in i had lost 3ibs as some said perviosly slimming world scales have to be accurate and are calibarated every week where as the ones at the gym everyone just jumps on and off and its probably wacked it of line to try n ot to be too down and wait and see what happens at your weigh in goodluck

11. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Rofl :D Think that might be classed as cruelty to animals if I tried it! ;)

12. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Excellent post!

I too have tried to rep you but have got to spread it around

xxxxxx

13. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Beautifully said Circes, made me misty eyed just reading it. Reminds me to be kinder to myself. BIG thank you!

14. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My scales weight me 4lbs heavier than SW scales...just wait and see, it's a dangerous game to keep weighting yourself, as your weight can change 3lb either way during different times of day....

15. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Ok, still not feeling 100%, still feeling crappy which = comfort eating, but atleast it's been an options hot chocolate! I dont think it's the gym thats making me put on weight, for that to happen its those people who're BUILDING muscle, im more doing light toning and cardio.

Anyway, going to be good tomorrow, drink lots of water and have lots of strawberries and melon and see how it goes, if its a gain..it's a gain, and i'll have to do some thinking :(

16. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You will retain fluids in your muscles though when you first start exercising which can account for some people's TEMPORARY weight gain xx

17. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also wanted to rep Circes but need to spread the love!

You're doing all the right things, by all accounts. Have you taken your measurements? Exercise is brilliant for you and will be making you fitter, healthier, helping you burn calories more efficiently.

I say this loads (to myself as well as others!) - the body is weird. Weird, I tell thee! It may hang on to fat in a stubborn attempt to resist all your good work. But...if you're doing it, and all the exercise...you WILL be getting thinner.

We all go through these rough patches. But you should get through it. Don't give up. Weighing in on any scales other than your class ones does nothing for your motivation. Don't believe them. Stick with the plan and trust in yourself to be successful.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kissme

kissme Gold Member

i do that! lol well in my undies!! my cat loves it! altho he does pull funny faces when i do the ea sports active in the nude maybe its the lunges, crunches and runing that he dissaproves so greatly of! lol

20. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Kissme you do make me laff!!!XXX

21. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I need to do my wii fit or just dance with a sports bra on! No nekkidness in front of the cat! LOL!

22. kissme

kissme Gold Member

I know i make me chuckle too which is embarrasing! worse bit is i work in a reception and i have of those dreadful headback, mouth open, honking, common, snorty and very loud laughs you can hear for miles around! so people think i'm generally nuts!

but laughing burns 10 to 40 calories per laugh so keep laughing :D

Last edited: 8 February 2010
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.