I don't think the diet is working

NN89

Sexy Member
I had a pre-weigh in at the gym today, and found I'd put on 0.5lb, my weigh in is tomorrow night

I've been uber strict this week, measuring things out, having under 12 syns a day, and also going to the gym 3 times this week, AND drinking more water, i feel so disappointed. I just don't know whether this is the diet for me anymore? My food diary today has been:

Breakfast: Special K sustain, skimmed milk, coffee, banana

Snack: Quark mixed with white chocolate options powder, harttleys jelly and blueberries and strawberries

Lunch: Rice with turkey curry (home made with natural yogurt, quark, mushy peas, peppers, onions, and tomatos)

Snack: Marsbar icecream (8 syns)

Am i doing something wrong? I'm feeling a total failure, fat, frumpy and ugly at the moment :eek::cry:

did you weigh yourself at the gym last week? if not, different scales all weigh you different, i'm 4lb lighter on my own scales as opposed to the sw ones. you should weigh yourself on the same scales if possible. you might find that you have lost. let us know how you got on

Scales lie! Your gym scales are not the same as the SW ones so what they say bears no relation to what the SW will say at your official weigh-in. The scales at my gym always have me heavier than the class ones. All scales are calibrated differently and if you were to weigh yourself on 10 sets you'd more than likely get 10 different answers. So don't do it! It messes with your head, as you've found.

Scales lie! Your gym scales are not the same as the SW ones so what they say bears no relation to what the SW will say at your official weigh-in. The scales at my gym always have me heavier than the class ones. All scales are calibrated differently and if you were to weigh yourself on 10 sets you'd more than likely get 10 different answers. So don't do it! It messes with your head, as you've found.

I'm just feeling so frumpy though, when i loose weight, i can feel it from my middle- my spare tyre i measure it on what I pinch and ive seen no change at all this week, im just feeling- awful! Bigger than ever :(

And if the scales at the gym had said you'd lost a couple of pounds would you be feeling so down? No! The spare tyre would still be there but the voice in your head would be singing and happy instead of calling you horrible names and putting you down. So how you're feeling is entirely down to what's in your head and not to what's around your waist. If your best friend called you fat and frumpy they wouldn't be your friend for very long, you'd tell them where to go! So why is all right to for you to do it to yourself. Instead of moping around go and do something positive that wll contribute to you losing weight - a brisk walk, sing a song, make a SW friendly dinner, dance naked in front of the cat! And don't worry!

And if the scales at the gym had said you'd lost a couple of pounds would you be feeling so down? No! The spare tyre would still be there but the voice in your head would be singing and happy instead of calling you horrible names and putting you down. So how you're feeling is entirely down to what's in your head and not to what's around your waist. !
Circes I wanted to give you a reputation point for that but it wouldn't let me put another one again !! Brilliantly put and so true xx

OK, so the scales at the gym,,,,, are they expensive digital ones? Or are they the £14.99 ones from Boots? The SW scales cost £250 and are regularly maintained and checked for accuracy! You pay SW to weigh you, they should be the only scales you use.

Do you usually go to the gym 3 times a week? Doing more exercise can increase/stop you losing weight while your body adjusts to the new regime.

Have you done an EE day today? Your diary looks ok, but maybe you can up your superfree instead of having the optins/jelly type snacks? Also, try using ALL of your syns, as not having enough can work the opposite of what you might think!

To be honest i wouldnt take notice of the scales at the gym i would stick to be weighed weekly as ive done the same as you been to boots got weighed and gained around 4ibs i felt awful and so down but when i went to weight in i had lost 3ibs as some said perviosly slimming world scales have to be accurate and are calibarated every week where as the ones at the gym everyone just jumps on and off and its probably wacked it of line to try n ot to be too down and wait and see what happens at your weigh in goodluck

And if the scales at the gym had said you'd lost a couple of pounds would you be feeling so down? No! The spare tyre would still be there but the voice in your head would be singing and happy instead of calling you horrible names and putting you down. So how you're feeling is entirely down to what's in your head and not to what's around your waist. If your best friend called you fat and frumpy they wouldn't be your friend for very long, you'd tell them where to go! So why is all right to for you to do it to yourself. Instead of moping around go and do something positive that wll contribute to you losing weight - a brisk walk, sing a song, make a SW friendly dinner, dance naked in front of the cat! And don't worry!
Excellent post!

I too have tried to rep you but have got to spread it around

xxxxxx

Beautifully said Circes, made me misty eyed just reading it. Reminds me to be kinder to myself. BIG thank you!

Ok, still not feeling 100%, still feeling crappy which = comfort eating, but atleast it's been an options hot chocolate! I dont think it's the gym thats making me put on weight, for that to happen its those people who're BUILDING muscle, im more doing light toning and cardio.

Anyway, going to be good tomorrow, drink lots of water and have lots of strawberries and melon and see how it goes, if its a gain..it's a gain, and i'll have to do some thinking :(

I dont think it's the gym thats making me put on weight, for that to happen its those people who're BUILDING muscle, im more doing light toning and cardio.
You will retain fluids in your muscles though when you first start exercising which can account for some people's TEMPORARY weight gain xx

I also wanted to rep Circes but need to spread the love!

You're doing all the right things, by all accounts. Have you taken your measurements? Exercise is brilliant for you and will be making you fitter, healthier, helping you burn calories more efficiently.

I say this loads (to myself as well as others!) - the body is weird. Weird, I tell thee! It may hang on to fat in a stubborn attempt to resist all your good work. But...if you're doing it, and all the exercise...you WILL be getting thinner.

We all go through these rough patches. But you should get through it. Don't give up. Weighing in on any scales other than your class ones does nothing for your motivation. Don't believe them. Stick with the plan and trust in yourself to be successful.

dance naked in front of the cat!

i do that! lol well in my undies!! my cat loves it! altho he does pull funny faces when i do the ea sports active in the nude maybe its the lunges, crunches and runing that he dissaproves so greatly of! lol

i do that! lol well in my undies!! my cat loves it! altho he does pull funny faces when i do the ea sports active in the nude maybe its the lunges, crunches and runing that he dissaproves so greatly of! lol

Kissme you do make me laff!!!XXX

I need to do my wii fit or just dance with a sports bra on! No nekkidness in front of the cat! LOL!

I know i make me chuckle too which is embarrasing! worse bit is i work in a reception and i have of those dreadful headback, mouth open, honking, common, snorty and very loud laughs you can hear for miles around! so people think i'm generally nuts!

but laughing burns 10 to 40 calories per laugh so keep laughing :D

Last edited:
Back