I failed already! Knew i would :(

Well done on getting back on track. It's certainly not easy but think of how good you’ll look in a few short months. Plus it will be a big two fingers to all those who doubted your ability to stay on task & do this for you. My husband still is unaware I’m doing this but I know he won’t begrudge me some shopping once I’m happy with myself & I’ve no doubt your other half will be the same cos he’ll be so proud of you. Keep up the good work hon.

I leave it later in the day too. My day looks like this : herbal tea till about 11am or 12. Then I usually have half a shake to get myself going then another half shake at about 2pm. I have the soup in 2 halves too 1st around 4 and another at 6. Then I cut up my bar into about 8 pieces and leave it in the kitchen, then when I am going to get myself a cup I have a pieces to nibble on. Sometimes I don't have the second half of my shake and if it's vanilla or strawberry I add a spoonful or two to a cup of decaf coffee, having them during the evening with my bar really helps. As I'm breastfeeding I am also supplementing with cold meats and small portions of cheese and salad.

You can do this, just keep drinking the drinks and munching the bars, if you think you are going to throw in the towel because of hunger eat something low carb like a couple of slices of ham or a boiled egg, anything that will stop you giving up. Really, if you stick at this you'll likely to lose over a stone this month and then about a stone a month after that. It really does go really quick once you've got the habit of it. I did it for about 20 weeks, but it was difficult to start with. I find looking at the inspirational pictures really helpful. Hundreds of people have lost weight with a vlcd, so can you ;-)

I was drawn to respond to your thread because of the title. If you 'know' you will fail you will. All it takes it to change your mindset. You CAN do this so you WILL.

Lots of people do VLCD's. It's not easy but people do it. Eat a bit of ham etc if you are hungry in the first few days. Once you see the change in the scales you will find it much easier to stick to.

I think strength (and willpower) is like a balloon. It's as big as you believe it is. Believe you can do it (and there's no reason why not) and you'll find yourself doing it.

Back