I had to!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm great thanks Isis - need to go find my bed soon though .... nearly time to get up again :)

How're you doing?

I'm fine thanks Katie, just need my bed as well soon :)

Erm ... gonk anyone? :rolleyes::)

Well what i surprise Blonde Logic replies to my thread again doint her best to put a negative spin on another one of my posts. Maybe you don't like men or just have it in for me but i do not understand this animosity towards me on every single thread. Ok we had a a slight disagrement and now your taking it a bit too far.

P.S i have been to the gym everyday since my last WI and have lost 5 pounds in three days so here is to the doubters. And blonde logic and kellie who seem to have it in for me, my last five minutes on the tread mill was for you today as i bumped it up to burning 12 calories a minute just to prove you wrong.

cccccccommmmmmmmmmeeeee ooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

LOL Mate - really - there was no animosiy at all - simply a some friendly advice about Dachsunds and dog ownership, which you ASKED for!!! Honest!!! :) What part of my post did you find 'full of animosity and negative?:confused:

Last edited:
hi i hope you dont mind me changing the subject but ive got a four month old cavalier king charles who will not be house trained if she doesnt stop pooing in the house weve both had it lol
any suggestions

Patience, first and foremost!!! And a stong stomach!! :D

Is it gerenally just in the mornings this happens, or all day? It's always a good idea to take the puppy out the VERY first thing in the morning....do not play with them, or make cute puppy talk with them until they have done their business....they need to associate going outside is for pooping, and not being told how cute they are and playing- otherwise they will expect a little playtime first every time you take them out.

Do not scold them harshly if they have an accident inside. Just a firm NO - OUTSIDE, or something to that effect. They are just little pups - a lot of people get mad and scold them harshly and put their noses in it....we wouldn't do tht to a baby...pups too just need to learn.

Take him out OFTEN throughout the day. When he does do his business, the lavish the praise on him. but nothing before had - silence and patience!!.

Keeping him in a contained area, like the kitchen overnight, covered in paper, etc. then minimising the amount of paper and moving it towards the door helps....or, if you have a little dog carrier you can leave that for him that overnight initially. Dogs love 'caves'....and they will not deficate in their 'caves'...

Really he should only be having accidents in the early morning or nightime- if it happens a lot during the day you need to take him out more frequently.

It's hard and messy traning a pup, but so worth it!!!

Wish you luck!

wow thats a lot of good advice.
Firstly she tends to poo quite a lot two lots in the kitchen overnight never on the paper though ive even tried putting the drops on the paper no luck she also wees all over the kitchen.
we take her out about 8 times a day but honestly she waits till we get home to do her poos and pees.
she loves too wee in our bedroom and poos in the afternoon in our spare room after her walk.
ive tried giving her lots of praise when she manages to wee on the paper (properbly a fluke)
help me !!!!

LOL at a fluke

Oh bless you - I am remembering all the puppies I have had. It is so trying isn't it!!

If she is going in the bedroom, etc., I think you may find you need to restrict her to smaller areas during this learning time. I know its hard and feels cruel, but I would keepher more in a carrier for lengths of time, then take her out. That is what a lot of 'experts' reccomend and it makes sense simply that they will not go in there. But its hard - we all want the puppy out playing and entertaining us!! Bubt its a short term method.

Don't give up!!! If she gives you any signs she is about to go, obviously take her out immediately - wait - and ten lots and lots of priase.

She will get it.... take heart, girl pups tend to learn more quickly then male. At least that has always been my experience. :)

I'm with BL on this thread. I've had several puppies, all large dogs, and only had trouble with one. He was a big english setter and had separation anxiety if we went out. He would defecate anywhere and destroy things, even agter a long walk. We had to confine him to a small area which did help with the soiling but not the destruction! That stopped when my friend had him when we moved abroad and he lived with another dog. No problems at all untill that dog died then he started all over again, so they had to go and get another dog! We've got an Irish setter now, and he doesn't even wee in the garden! Pain in ar*e when the weather is really foul cos we have GOT to take him out.
As for 4 daschunds, you will have to be firm and I hope for your sanity, deaf!

As for 4 daschunds, you will have to be firm and I hope for your sanity, deaf!

lol - you aren't kidding there BB!! Thats all I was saying. They are so active, and my friend with 4 back in the states - its quite a chorus of yapping!!! Its quite funny for the first minute, but gets old quick!!! And it doesn't take much to get them started!!! :D

Dear Dalite,

just to add to the excellent post from blonde logic.
i've had experience with larger dogs & 2 cavvies.
theres no doubt in my mind that the cavvies are slower to get the hang of it.

I put it down to smaller bladders or smaller brains. The kids say it's because they are cuter & don't want to get their puddy-paws wet or cold. maybe theres something in that too.
either way more paper, more patience & more disinfectant is my prescription.

PS have you tried those puppy mats that you can buy. They tend to get the wees & poos actually on these ( ? pheromone impregnated?) & disposal is easy.

When we got Ozzie we also bought a playpen - for the first few weeks he had very limited access out of the playpen unless we were cuddling him on our laps. He had a LOT of garden time. We would sometimes take him out every 20 minutes and EVERYTIME he did a wee or a poo in the garden we praised him like mad. But the time we had had him 8 weeks (so he was 16 weeks old) he was completely house trained and we have never since had a puddle or a poop to clear up.

We carried on using the playpen for a while, especially as he seemed to love it so; it was his 'safe' place full of his toys and comforters, so if we went out he would go in his pen. By the time he was a year old he didn;t need it anymore and we took it away; he never seemed to miss it. He has access to the whole house but is still a completely clean lttle dog.

I really think the key is to spend a great deal of time in the garden with the pup so you actually see them weeing and can praise them loads.

Good luck with your 4 dachies; they are super dogs and lots of fun, we had 3 when I was growing up and they were lovely dogs. One had the back problem but the other two were fine.

Blonde Logic is like dog poo on this site!

she gets everywhere.

I give up. I have apologised to you for a word you found offensive.

I have offered you frienldy advice on this thread, which you have bbeen offended by.

I have written of support to advice you had given to someone else.

Now you have personally insulted me.

I did no think I would ever had to do this on a site like this one, but congratulations...you have made me have to use the ignore button.

Your posts will be invisible now, so carry on as you will. It will be an exercise in futility my friend. :)

When we got Ozzie we also bought a playpen - for the first few weeks he had very limited access out of the playpen unless we were cuddling him on our laps. He had a LOT of garden time. We would sometimes take him out every 20 minutes and EVERYTIME he did a wee or a poo in the garden we praised him like mad. But the time we had had him 8 weeks (so he was 16 weeks old) he was completely house trained and we have never since had a puddle or a poop to clear up.

We carried on using the playpen for a while, especially as he seemed to love it so; it was his 'safe' place full of his toys and comforters, so if we went out he would go in his pen. By the time he was a year old he didn;t need it anymore and we took it away; he never seemed to miss it. He has access to the whole house but is still a completely clean lttle dog.

I really think the key is to spend a great deal of time in the garden with the pup so you actually see them weeing and can praise them loads.

Good luck with your 4 dachies; they are super dogs and lots of fun, we had 3 when I was growing up and they were lovely dogs. One had the back problem but the other two were fine.

Puppies and playpens!!!! What a great idea Barb...:D. I would never have thought of that one but yes, they are babies and a place like that would make them feel safe and secure, surrounded by blankets and toys. Awww...:)

oh my god. what an absolute ****!
How sad is your life that you need to come on here and wind people up? do you get a kick out of it?
I dont understand where you are coming from at all.
If you really need to know- iv been the the gym 4 times this week- and the only person i was thinking of was me- you didnt even come into it

Blonde Logic is like dog poo on this site!

she gets everywhere.

I havent read all this thread and now decided I am not going to. How you can say that about a lovely supportive lady i do not know. Without her support and I only know her from on here, I would be in big trouble.

I think your motive is to wind people up. Thank you for helping me to learn more about computers, I am not very computer wise but I now know how to use the ignore button also.

Thanks for that;)

I am closing this thread so it can die a death.

Supporting people is what this site is about, without support we are all just wasting our time.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back