I hate the "dinners" help! :(

Hi folks!
I started the total solution version of Exante on 22nd May (wednesday), I have lost 11lb so far (scary in such a short space of time!) I like the breakfast and shakes, but I have tried all of the soups and the carbonara in my months pack and I HATE them, they make me feel very sick within a few spoonfuls and they end up going in the bin. The shakes and the porridge are fine however. Does anyone have any tips on improving them or what I can do as I don't want to go down to 400 cals a day and not have all my RDA but I don't have enough cash to buy another 30 sachets of shake / porridge or the extra food lol. :sigh: Would taking a vitamin supplement and just having a couple of spoonfuls be ok do you think? I can't think of any other way around it! Is anyone else having this issue? (i'll do swapsies if you are opposite lol! :D)

I have 25 porridges I'm about to put on a popular auction site as they make me feel physically sick! I'd offer to swap however were not allowed to do that on here :(

I put garli powder and fresh basil in the tomato soup. And chilli flakes in the carbonara. Some people put curry powder, paprika, tobasco in. You name it its goes in lol! X

I found that garlic pepper in the mushroom soup makes it bearable, but I agree with you on the soups (haven't tried the carbonara yet). I found myself struggling to keep it down last night. D:

Aww really beautifulbride2013?! :( Damn as that would be ideal for both of us it seems :cry:Hmmmm where to do swapsies? lmao. Thanks for the mention anyway...might be a case of having to eye the auction sites or something then XD
I tried putting garlic powder etc in them and it just doesn't help. I'm not sure if it's the consistency, the taste or what but I just can't stomach them :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I found that garlic pepper in the mushroom soup makes it bearable, but I agree with you on the soups (haven't tried the carbonara yet). I found myself struggling to keep it down last night. D:

Glad I'm not the only one who is having issues with them lol. I normally like soups too so it was a bit of a shock to hate them:D. Well it's all I'm eating for the next couple of weeks so I guess I better get used to it lol. Maybe I'll just have to experiment a bit then, having fewer calories doesn't bother me too much (although it isn't healthy) it's the lack of having an RDA that bothers me the most with not eating the soup. :( Thanks for the tip though! :D

Sorry to hear your struggling. I agree soups are abit :-\
I mix Thai chill with mushroom or Thai with tomatoe and basil..have you tried mixing them up...you could try making crisps with soups...

I mix Thai chill with mushroom or Thai with tomatoe and basil..have you tried mixing them up...you could try making crisps with soups...

Cheers, I'm fine with the rest of the diet it's just them (maybe why they were in the cheaper packs if many people dislike them...) Oh no I haven't tried that actually, does it improve the taste or just make it so strange you just swallow it wondering exactly what the flavour is? lol
Crisps?! How do you do this? it sounds almost too good to be true and its got to taste a bit better surely?! :D

Just added tried adding a decent helping of chilli powder to the mushroom soup - and honestly, it was lovely - I could have had another bowl!

I don't get the soups but I've heard that some people make them up with more water and it makes them a lot more bareable??

Maybe my taste buds are odd but I kinda like most of everything. Top of my list is the porridge, veg soup and choc shake.
everything else is ok apart from the tomato soup which I thought was grim. Maybe it's because I had it for breakfast one day?
i am yet to try the Thai and mushroom soup but they are due soon. Defo popping up the shops later to get some garlic powder and chilli flakes!

i read so much about the soups being awful before I bought my packs and to be honest i really did not fancy them so just got the shakes and bars bumper packs and bought some porridge packs from a well known auction site. Porridge is my favourite by far with a good amount of cinnamon in it closely followed by the vanilla shake blended up with ice and again with cinnamon in it ( sensing a theme lol)

Porridge is my favourite by far with a good amount of cinnamon in it closely followed by the vanilla shake blended up with ice and again with cinnamon in it ( sensing a theme lol)
Well, they do say that cinnamon reduces blood sugar. helps with insulin resistance and lowers the bad sort of cholesterol, so (apart from tasting nice) it doesn't sound like a bad idea! :D

I find that the tomato soup is almost OK if I make it up with extra water and add a spoonful of chopped fresh basil and some pepper when I blend it. I still wouldn't describe it as nice, though, although it seems less objectionable after the first few mouthfuls. Next time, I am going to try curry powder.

The other soups are nicer, but I do have to make them up with more water because they are very gloopy otherwise. Chopped fresh coriander in the Thai chicken soup goes very well, as does nutmeg in the mushroom soup. But I tried those more for variation than disguise (unlike the tomato soup).

If I could work out how to disguise the strawberry shake, I'd be a happy girl.

I don't like the soups as soups but I love them as crisps or 'bread'. Make the soup mix into a thick paste and spread to about the size of a side plate onto a silicone bake sheet. Microwave. For 2 minutes on high for bread texture and 2:15 for a giant crisp. I also add tobasco or chilli flakes to add kick. Hope that helps. Plus give your taste buds a few weeks and try again as you adjust the long you are on the diet..

Wow thanks to everyone for the tips and many for agreeing the soups are... an acquired taste :D
That crisp sounds like a good idea, I don;t have a silicone bake sheet so I wonder if I could pop it in the oven? - it's mushroom soup night tonight (bleugh!) so need to find something to do with it, although many have said adding more water helps, I may just try that and hope :D

Add some Thai soup to mushroom bebi. .I found up don't need baking sheet. .I just put straight onto the plate and zap. .checking every 30s. .but its lovely..I think all the soups are nice like that. .
I break my packs up..so tonight ill have psdta but with some of my Thai soup as a crisp side order lol...

OK thanks pussy I'm going to try that tonight! see how it goes (watch me make the microwave explode, or turn my packs into some living blob lol) keep your fingers crossed for me :D

I'm loving all these new ideas. I have only had the strawberry shake, porridge and Choc orange bar so far. Strawberry shake was OK, maybe ice would be nice next time though. Porridge was yummy. Choc orange bar very disappointing actually :-( will put those on an auction site tonight I think
So this crisp thing, is it like an actual large crisp that u can chew? Its chewing I miss x

Well I just did it. :D I ate half of them (I did 7 little ones with a tiny amount of water) but I think i did them too thick as they almost went like a dough. I've zapped the other half of them for another minute (so 3 minutes in total) and going to let them cool down and see how they are later when I want a snack. Hubby had a nibble and just grunted at it, which is interesting as he hates mushrooms and thats what he ate - mushroom soup biscuit-bread-crisps lol.

What's up with the bars then rachael? I've heard some people want to heave over them and others love them and say they are really filling etc. I should imagine that the choc orange ones (being neither real orange or choc i should think) are a bit odd.
I've bought another 7 banana shakes off of an auction site just incase, but feeling a little more confident. At least I can put the carbonara on there as that really is grim!

I think for my next months pack I am going for the pick your own. I was tempted to look at slim and save as it seems a little cheaper but you have to have 4 packs a day, and I'm not sure what it's all like. don't want to make the same mistake of buying dodgy tasting food again. Saying that at least when I've finished a lettuce leaf will taste amazing lol!

Back