I have a new hobby -cooking!!

size10bikini

Silver Member
Its odd, but I'm really enjoying cooking for the family. I have made a chicken stew and lasagne the last 2 days . I thought I would be anti food but its the opposite. Someone else on this forum mentioned liking the smell of food, omg me too now. I love a sniff of the kids crisps and choc but no real desire to eat any.
Anyone else weird like me lol?

Hey size 10, I have had to cook for the family all the way through the diet and I do find it quite comforting, Ive never been tempted to eat any its very strange lol

I'd quite happily still cook my usual stews/ spag Bol etc etc but I can't because I need to taste as I'm cooking to make sure I've pit enough herbs and spices etc in. Unfortunately my husbands tastebuds only seem to work on a spicy vs non spicy level so he can't be my taster for me.
I feel so mean, especially as my baby daughters favourite thing to eat was my shepherds pie but I don't see any way round it!

I hope to be off tfr by the end of September so then I'm going to clear the freezer and do a massive cooking session so there will be loads of yummy things for everyone. It's the one thing I always loved about slimming world, their recipes are really family friendly!

size10bikini - it seems to be the norm, this is my second time on LT and only on day two and already started cooking!!

my OH was so looking forward to me doing this again because all I do is cook new food (all from scratch) and clean the house! I even made marshmallows from scratch last time!! they looked lovely and i am told they were!! haha

i love cooking too but as said above dont much as i need to test taste my cooking, lol
i do cook for the kids but stuff i know i dont need to taste, i think they really moss thier lasagne and spag bols, i keep buying the frozen ones lol but they dont complain

i love cooking too but as said above dont much as i need to test taste my cooking, lol
i do cook for the kids but stuff i know i dont need to taste, i think they really moss thier lasagne and spag bols, i keep buying the frozen ones lol but they dont complain

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one then!!
I can't say I really have a massive desire to cook and not eat it either....perhaps that's why the husband seems to be away so much at the minute!

I've always loved cooking whilst on LT. I'm also a serial sniffer too!!

Just bought a slow cooker today. Really pleased cos we both work all day we can put some meat and veg in first thing in the morning and come home to a meal ready (obviously when I am off LT!) Hubby's going to try it out next weekend. Can't wait (sad I know!). Will be lovely for Winter time.

:sticks hand up: Hi my name's Clepottage and I'm a sniffer too!

I've always loved cooking (which is probably part of the reason why I resemble the back end of a bus), and, although I went off cooking or even being around food for the first few days of TFR, I'm back cooking again. I do struggle not to taste to check seasoning levels but I'm getting pretty good at doing it by eye now and my LSH certainly hasn't complained yet!

The funniest part is needing to get him to come and check the pasta or rice etc. is cooked though.

So lots of us are odd then ;) It is weird not tasting the food, its also weird chucking out so much as it shows what a pig I must be. At the moment there is still half a lasagne in the fridge from last night, that usually does not last long!

My Other Half has not allowed me to cook but the night before last my Brother came over and got to make him a bacon sandwich. Which felt Good. Apart from that I've made a two meals and lunch for the kids before he comes over in the evenings;)

I've always loved cooking whilst on LT. I'm also a serial sniffer too!!

Just bought a slow cooker today. Really pleased cos we both work all day we can put some meat and veg in first thing in the morning and come home to a meal ready (obviously when I am off LT!) Hubby's going to try it out next weekend. Can't wait (sad I know!). Will be lovely for Winter time.

Slow cookers rock when you work! I also cook joints of gammon, whole chickens, the boll part of spag Bol and just about anything else I can think of in it!
Actually, I could probably still cook those kinds of things now, might whack on a stew this week... Should last ages if I'm not chomping my way through it!!

Back