I have a sore throat can I take anything for it?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by caz134, 28 September 2008 Social URL.

1. caz134

caz134 CW Consultant

Diet:
    None
    I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat. I'm currently SSing, any ideas what I could take for it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

Paracetamol always worked for me. :)

Not sure apart from that, sorry x

4. abz

abz Gold Member

sorry hon. most things will kick you out of ketosis i think. depends how bad it is. after all, health has to come first but getting back into ss once out of ketosis is a cow!!

perhaps soluble paracetamol might help?

abz xx

5. caz134

caz134 CW Consultant

Diet:
    None
    I hate taking paracetamol, I have TCP in the cupboard and I gargled it, it was horrible but has really helped, do you think it will be ok?

P.S Thanks for the quick responses!

6. spooky

spooky Banned

TCP should be fine for gargling.

Have you got any CD water flavouring?? some hot will help soothe your throat.

7. caz134

caz134 CW Consultant

Diet:
    None
    No didn't buy any, I would kill for some Halls Soothers tho, lol

8. abz

abz Gold Member

you know, in denmark they sell those in sacks of sugarfree. how many can you need? i noticed them when i was there this time. not to mention all the pooping if you ate them all!!

they also had condoms hanging at the till called pretty or something like that. it was a word that meant beautiful in any case... not a descriptive i'd use for a condom personally...

abz xx

9. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    if you can take aspirin have a dispersable one and 'hold' it at the back of your throat before swallowing, that always helps. or gargle with salt water or tcp - dont swallow those though!

hope you feel better soon.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.