i have failed miserably

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
hi guys,

I have failed miserably.
I basically had a **** day at work .... and still 3 to go (been here since 7am) and one of my calls was from a carer who was with a nurse and neither would do cpr on a pat who subsiquently died!!!
I was so upset I had some choc which lead to some crisps which has lead to a sandwich.
I am still feeling a heavy pang in my chest of anger at the two people who are supposed to be caring for this gentleman who wouldne help him in his moment of need.
I promise I wont give up but just have faltered slightly!
x

That I horrible being an ex nurse myself.. but you know....
You just need to shake yourself off.. deal with that incident seperately and get back on the wagon.... you had a fabulous loss last week and will have another great loss next weigh in...
you just need to tell yuorself it doesnt matter, the past has already gone and is unchangeable... but you can change today and tomorrow!!

Hope you complain about those people too... but look after number1 as well!

x

Oh my goodness sweetie why wouldn't they do it? Is there a 'code of conduct' or something? Okies, I'm seconding what the lovely tillyfloss posted. Calm down, take a deep breath and step away from the food. Say to yourself...'Ok, I've done it now, I enjoyed what I ate (if you did) now I'm giving myself a second chance.' I expect you've probably already read this poem on other threads, but I think it is very poignant right now.......sending you humungous hugs (((fattynomore))) xx

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry.
Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,
Its faults and blunders, Its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed.
We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.
With its possible adversities, Its burdens,
Its large promise and poor performance.
Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow's Sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,
but it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This just leaves only one day . . . Today.
Any person can fight the battles of just one day.
It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternity's -
yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.
It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us therefore live but one day at a time.

Hi fatty no more, firstly how disgusting the situation at work I hope there is a procedure that lets these persons know how bad it is what they have done :mad:

As to you falling off the wagon its only a minor blip and I agree with what furrysmudge and tillyfloss say and what a lovely poem furrysmudge :). You have done so well so far and liek the poem says Let us therefore live but one day at a time

oh my gosh, so sorry this happened, and so sorry that you had to go through this.

i'm sure that you will get back on the waggon.

Was he a DNR? I'm a nursing student and we've been taught you always attempt Resus/Basic Life support if you are undure of patients resus status as its easier to stop after 2 minutes and let them pass away as per thier wishes, than it is to hang about and wait and then start the CPR.

aww <<hugs>> i hope you are ok. don't worry about the slip, forget about it and move on. take care

Hey hon...
So sorry to here you had such a rubbish day!! & that really is so sad about the man dying..
Hang in there chin up!!! Put it behind you.. and start afresh from now as you dont want to carry on eating.. You had a fab weight loss last week so heres to another one this week!!
Chin up and big hugs x

Was he a DNR? I'm a nursing student and we've been taught you always attempt Resus/Basic Life support if you are undure of patients resus status as its easier to stop after 2 minutes and let them pass away as per thier wishes, than it is to hang about and wait and then start the CPR.

Hiya no the reason they didnt want to do cpr was cos he was dirty but thats what compressions are for! I said you dont have to do mouth to mouth you can do compressions.
When i first asked is he awake ( i work in medical dispatch) she was like ummm i dunno i said can you go check.... then i said is he breathing and again the same gormless ummmm dunno i said you need to check as if hes not breathing we need to try and save him. She came back and as calm as anything nahhh not breathing and i was like ok right I am gonna tell you how to do cpr. AND she4 said oh no its a bit dirty in there i dont want to and i said ok can the nurse do it? and i heard them talknig and she siad no she doesnt want to.
I mean come on if a paramedica went to a drunk on the street covered in his own sick who wasnt breathing and walked off I am sure there would be uproar in the papers???
still seething!

Buit thank you I am not gonna take any money with me to work tomo and if i starve i starve!!!

basically i explained to the lady all she needs to do is pump the mans chest as then it keeps his heart from going hard and therefore the defib would be able to give him the best chance when the crew got there.... nope nothing!
so so so upset!

Hiya no the reason they didnt want to do cpr was cos he was dirty but thats what compressions are for! I said you dont have to do mouth to mouth you can do compressions.
When i first asked is he awake ( i work in medical dispatch) she was like ummm i dunno i said can you go check.... then i said is he breathing and again the same gormless ummmm dunno i said you need to check as if hes not breathing we need to try and save him. She came back and as calm as anything nahhh not breathing and i was like ok right I am gonna tell you how to do cpr. AND she4 said oh no its a bit dirty in there i dont want to and i said ok can the nurse do it? and i heard them talknig and she siad no she doesnt want to.
I mean come on if a paramedica went to a drunk on the street covered in his own sick who wasnt breathing and walked off I am sure there would be uproar in the papers???
still seething!

Buit thank you I am not gonna take any money with me to work tomo and if i starve i starve!!!

F! SAKE!

This is why even as students we were told if we need to to even wrap a plastic bag around our fingers and fish out any vomit from a patients mouth, and we were all issued with a mouth protector in case of situations like this.

Hi fatty no more, hope you are feeling a little better hun?

Idiots like that need to be in another job certainly not a caring job! Dont let them get you down and dont starve babe.... :p

hey
Yea feeling better, but cant seem to get back into ketosis. Just hungry all the time. Yesterday i drank 6 litres and was still hungry!!!!
x

Stick with it, you are doing sooooooooooooo well.
You did YOUR best for the patient so be proud of yourself for that.
Here's to a good day for everyone!

hey
Yea feeling better, but cant seem to get back into ketosis. Just hungry all the time. Yesterday i drank 6 litres and was still hungry!!!!
x

Hi, you will get there just keep going and keep drinking the water hun... x

Back