i have pcos and hate it.....

HI

Hi tracy,

thanks for your understanding.. only when youve walked a mile on a similar path can you really understand what it is like..

(sorry to hear abour ur dh nephew..., it is cruel.. completely understand what it is like.. but please god it will happen one day... x)

I was talking to gyne yesterday and said I would like to loose weight before thinking of anything else...

he said I dont necessarily have to.. so I am in a dilemma.. thinking of going on lipotrim again and loosing 3 stone in 3 months in hope of achieving a healthy pregnancy thereafter.. or do I throw caution to wind cas if its meant to happen it willl.. but there seems alot that can go wrong by being so overweight.. (alot of friends have really suffered with high blood pres in pregn and i suffer from it .. as well as higher risk of mc..which i dont want to ever go through again..)

as you said 12 stone for a healthy weight... doesnt seem like an unrealistic goal on lipotrim.. (dieting and gym dont work for me.. even tried slimming tablets that works for everyone but me..)

I would like to get rid of extra weight around tummy before going further.. feel like im running out of time agewise.. but 3 months dieting maybe better than rushing back in...

DECISIONS, DECISIONS!!!

Spose the only way to beat the depression is to get up and focus dat negative energy into doing something positive.. the guy upstairs doesnt normally not help those that help themselves... ordinary people with faith can achieve extra-ordinary things!!

Heard something yesterday that stuck in my mind.. if u are good to your body, it will be good to you...

to diet or not to diet.. dat is the question!!

(sorry for the rant but it helps.. )

von

vonpeeky

love your positive attitude and encouragement.. you are so right... !!!!!

(sometimes you fall hard and only when you start to get back up can you glimpse at a positive outlook)

PMA = I CAN, I WILL AND I AM!!!! = half way there already...

Hi tobeskinnyme

I think you should loose the weight like me so you will have a healthier pregnancy. You want to make sure your baby gets off to the best start that it can.
Thats why i am doing this too, i dont want my baby to be unhealthy when i finally have one. Have you ever tried the slimming world diet? Its the one i am on at the moment and the weight just drops off of you, its a really good diet to be on. I have just completed my first week and have lost 5lbs. Im pleased i did join this website now because i have some support when i need to let my anger or stress out. Its nice to know there are people who are in the same boat that actually understand where you are coming from and dont just think for gods sake get a grip. I hope you do achieve the goal you are looking for and hope every thing works out ok for you. xxx :)

Soo Pleased to see more supporters in here! I wish I had lost a bit more before bump arrived as I didn't quite realise how fit u need to be .... And after! Also did you know that you can do slimming world while preggers and breast feeding! I think we all ow it to future bumps to be healthy and fit and I know I keep saying but if that's the main focus it takes the stress out of trying to make the bump.
Aww wish I could make everyone a cuppa and a hug!
Tracey- Aw Hun it's soo hard holding other ppls babies (I still don't do it) it's good to make sure u don't bottle those feeling up talk to your partner friends family. Even keeping a diary helps! Changing your focus to weight loss is fab healthy mummy healthy bump :)
Keep positive big loves xxxxx

Tobeskinny - stay positive sweetie huge loves xxx

morning vonpeeky

I feeling quite ok in my self this morning and last night. I thought i was going to have a bad evening but i think i had my mind mostly on my diet yesterday evening. The thing that breaks my heart too is i see my partner with his nephew and i know he will be a great dad one day and at the moment i feel i will never give him that oppourtunity. I do need to keep my chin up and stay strong because i can so easy come crashing down. Thank you for your kind words and support too. xxx

so pleased your feeling good today hun! :) cups of tea all round!

Hi Ladies,

Have just joined today - need all the help I can get!

I was officially diagnosed with PCOS in 2007 but I guess the signs were already there all along.

After a m/c in 2004 my cycle never really returned and the docs were no help. I got very depressed trying to conceive and the weight was creeping on. Eventually I joined SW and focussed on that and moving house, when lo and behold I found I was pregnant! 9 weeks before I knew despite the awful sickness etc!

Again, no cycle returned, went to a gynae, had scans and was diagnosed and that was that. Naff all advice etc. Was prescribed Metformin, but before I even had a chance to take it I was pg again! And then again!

My body does not seem to function above a certain weight, so every time I have gone to SW and got to that weight I have got pg! It can happen ladies, just focus on the weight loss and feeling good about yourself and in time the rest should follow.

Recently I have stopped taking the pill as it was making things worse and am having a major relapse, greasy, spotty and fat with awful period pains but no sign of the thing turning up so I am going to lose weight and get myself better.

PCOS is an awful, stupid condition and there is not enough help/support/advice on how to live with it. I often wonder if it is the cause of my constant extreme tiredness etc?

Anyhow, sorry for the rambling post but I just wanted to try and give a little hope :)!

Juliettex

P.S. It still really bugs me when people can get pregnant at the drop of a hat and take it for granted.:mad:

Hi jk1096

Thank you for your comments.

I think your really lucky that you fell pregnant. I am focusing on my loosing weight at the moment while i still feel ok in my self.

I dont know weather to put my tiredness down to my pcos, depression or just warn out from work. It could be any of those if not all of them.

Wow jk! It just goes to show how important weight loss is to PCOS!

Happy Sunday Tracy! Re tiredness try upping your multi vitamins and taking a really good vit b complex! PCOS seems to use up all your stores and I and others I know have found taking some extra supplements help soo much with energy! Take them in the morning with brekky or u will be up all night lol!!
Happy sunday everyone!! Xxxx

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies re: vits.

Forgot to mention that when I was taking B-complex vits I got pregnant, and also when you have just had a baby you are meant to be quite fertile which is why I had my three closer together!

Have been taking b vits, evening primrose and agnus castus but still feel awful. Dr either says 'Depression' or ME but I feel it is something else.

Had some reflexology last week and the therapist asked if I had probs with my ovaries! Would like to have more but it is so expensive.

At least we can all support each other on here and share our experiencesx

Happy sunday to you too vonpeeky xxx.

I wonder if i give the vitamins a go weather they will work for me, its worth a shot.

Couldnt help but weigh myself again today, which is my 9th day on my slimming world diet and have now lost 8lb in 9 days. Im so happy with that, thats an amazing just over half a stone in under a week and a half. Been on an high all day because of it. I feel in myself that i am loosing the weight too, that always helps when you can feel it.

So with that bit of news my mood has been id say the best its been for a while and i feel i am starting to get somewhere with my weight loss and will soon be able to go back to the docs for some help with conceiving. xxx

Tracey that's amazing! Well done!! Give the vits a go if nothing else they will perk your body up no end :) if you have a rummage around on the net there are some great sites that tell u what supplements are great for PCOS and trying to conceive (and all can be got at holland and barrets!)
High 5 on the weight loss xxxx

oh right, yeah ill have a look tomorrow when i got some spare time after work and i will let you know how i got on. I think coming on here has gave me a lot of support and encouragement to carry on that i needed. Thank you so much as well for your kind words you have been a star and for your words and encouragement.

Saw this and thought this will be me shortley with the way i am going, lol! :family2: xxx

It still really bugs me when people can get pregnant at the drop of a hat and take it for granted.:mad:

I know that feeling... I want to sweep in and take the poorly cared for, conveyor belt children that I know I could love and raise. I am lucky enough to have had my son 14 years ago but always wanted to have a big family. Sadly a combination of PCOS and a rubbish ex husband put paid to that. But, I live in the knowledge that I am blessed with the boy I have.
Fingers crossed all you girls get your PCOS under control
Em x

Back