i have put ON weight with sw. help!

GreenDayJen

well you know i wasnt going to weigh for 4 weeks? that wd have been at the end of this week. but i just went to the docs and while i was there he made me weigh and see how tall i am. i have put ON weight. his scales are totally different to mine at home too, but the point is, the difference between my weight 3 weeks ago and now is 5lb ON. i am due my period in the next few days but still. i am well and truly disheartened now as ive been really enjoying the diet and felt like iw as getting a healthy relationship back with food that i lost a bit when i did cambridge. so annoyed and feel reall down and like i want to starve myself again. argh!!

Hiya Jen honey please don't get disheartened. there was so much positivity in what you said about getting control over food and that is huge so please focus on that rather than the weight which is probably down to hormones and water retention etc etc

Have you much to lose??

love

Gen xxx

Hi Jen

That happened to me!

I don't do sw anymore, sorry for jumping in, but when I just saw your message I couldn't believe that it had happenned to someone else.

I have been to sw 3 times in the last few years :eek: The first time I gained 1 pound in my first week. Second time I stayed the same in week 1, then gained 2 pound in week 2. Third (and final) time I gained 2 pound in week 1.

I think it works for many people, but not everyone.

Have you tried any other plans?

Ollie.x.

hi hon. am really trying to fight the urge to comfort eat which is exactly what i feel like doing now. the other part of me, the more sensible part, says stick with it, try having less green days (i have mainly green and know this doesnt work for everyone) and cut out all sins. and do exercis. i have a stone to lose, or a stone and half depending on which scales i use! my bmi is 25.5. i know some people would just tell me to shut up and that i don't have a big weight problem but to me i might as well be obese. i am a size 12 but a lot of my trousers are starting to feel tight. i have been trying to lose this stone for like a year. i almost think it isnt possible but i know i could be trying a lot harder. argh!! just need to get this off my chest! thanks for the kind words xx

Hi Jen

That happened to me!

I don't do sw anymore, sorry for jumping in, but when I just saw your message I couldn't believe that it had happenned to someone else.

I have been to sw 3 times in the last few years :eek: The first time I gained 1 pound in my first week. Second time I stayed the same in week 1, then gained 2 pound in week 2. Third (and final) time I gained 2 pound in week 1.

I think it works for many people, but not everyone.

Have you tried any other plans?

Ollie.x.

it did work for me really well in the past. i wonder whether doing a vlcd has messed up my metabolism. i hate diets where you have to calories count etc which is the beauty of sw and i have felt really healthy on it. i have a holiday in june and if i dont lose the weight by then i will be so disappointed in myself. not sure whether to stick with it or get on witht rying something else..

it did work for me really well in the past. i wonder whether doing a vlcd has messed up my metabolism. i hate diets where you have to calories count etc which is the beauty of sw and i have felt really healthy on it. i have a holiday in june and if i dont lose the weight by then i will be so disappointed in myself. not sure whether to stick with it or get on witht rying something else..

Maybe try something like ww? It could be that after being on a VLCD your metabolism is different to normal.

You could do a couple of things here:

1. Continue with sw and you might find that your body corrects itself and you start to have success again.

2. Try a different diet. ww is lower in overall calories than sw (depending how much free food you eat on sw!) I do the Unit Diet which is still relatively new, it's like a cross between sw and ww. I have lost 4 stone on it already, but i'm switching to CD for a few months to knock a few stone off before my birthday :p

Good luck whatever you decide.

Ollie x

Jen you cant go by different scales. You know that. Stick to your original plan, weigh yourself next week on the scales you first weighed in on. Only way you will get a true reading. SW does work, its a great plan and one that you can follow forever witha few moderations. This is right for you.

Oh and i would avoid the mix and match days. i wouldnt have lost on them. Stick to either red or green (red is quicker) and it will come off.

Hi Jen :hug99:

Have you tried weighing on your scales as yours might be different to your doctors (that is quite common actually!).

Have you lost weight with SW before? I lost 2 stone the first time and have tried about 3 times since and each time put on weight and was bloated too. For me by body didn't want to do it again.

However, it may just be a teeny weeny minor blip as your body gets accustomed to this new way of eating. It isn't unusual to put on weight first before losing it.

Have you trip Mix2Max or Success Express? Maybe you need to have all your syns, eat more/less and play around with what you are doing.

But above all else don't despair, don't binge and don't worry. We'll find an answer!!

:)

Stick with it, i have also spent the last year trying to lose weight after cd and i think it has played havoc with my metabolism.

I have chopped and changed between diets all year and am now on sw for a while.

Talk to your consultant and see if she can help. Did you keep a food diary? I find that helps.

you guys are brilliant, you know that! thanks for all the wise words. it's just what i need as i am liable to go completely loopy after small setback. i am so affected by what i see on the scales, you wouldnt believe it.

anyway, i have come up with a plan. what do you think?

1. stick to red days for the majority of the time
2. up my exercise and keep a record of it so i actually do it
3. start a diary on here where i can ramble on every day and keep a check on myself
4. weigh once a week at boots and throw my own scales away.
5. not have sins every day

Hi Jen, I like all of your ideas! I think a diary would be excellent because then others can see what you are doing and come up with ideas to help or encouragement if you are doing the right thing! ONLY weigh on the same set of scales whether they be yours or Boots, and play around with what you have been doing -- maybe try more of this and less of that. Our bodies are all different and what works for one doesn't work for another.

Good luck and if you feel like quitting or going off the rails, come on here and we'll sort you out!! :D :D :D

Well girl you have got loads of good advice there... my advice was going to be up ur exercise cos you have only a small amount to lose and don't be worrying that people will tell you to shut up... its ur weight girl and you have to do what is right for you and what makes you happy!!! a size 12 tho.... you ***** :jelous: :jelous: :jelous: ha ha ha ha

please don't let this dishearten you... you are doing fab!!!

love

Gen xxx

lol gen. you just really made me laugh!!

thanks girls. you have sorted me out in the space of two hours. i have gone from throughly fed up, to wanting to binge, to coming up with a new plan and being determined not to let this beat me and not to go starve myself! i'm watching that size zero programme tonght. hopefully it will sort my head out!

Excellent advice from Happe. Just erase that unofficial weigh in from your mind, it's a totally different set of scales chick.

Please, stick with SW until your next proper weigh in, then tackle it from there. If you really believe 100% that you should have lost because you've been sticking to the plan 100% then yes, there's a problem and it needs to be looked at.

I really believe SW is a fantastic diet, and you've already mentioned you feel your relationship with food seemed "normal" because of it, so all you might need to do is take your food diary's in and have a sit down with your consultant - it's what you pay her for. It could just be someting really simple (I don't react well to too much bread & bananas!). TOTM coming up won't help either. Just give it a few more days chick. xxx

Would you consider posting your food diary on here Jen? That might really help! :)

I'll be watching the size zero programme tonight with a nice bar of chocolate and be thankful I have never wanted to look like a skeleton with skin stretched over it!! :D

p.s. I'm not a size 12 anymore but hopefully one day soon I will be!!

i dont go to classes cos i dont get home in time to go to my class and i always find i go and just weigh anyway. i used to find it really boring and went on for ages and i swear i got a few evils for daring to start as a size 12 like i had no right to worry about my weight.:mad: i have all the books from when i did used to go though.
i might post my food diary, yeah.
and i will keep plodding on and see what happens...:cool:
thanks again everyone x

Back