i have put ON weight with sw. help!

My heart goes out to you. I too have a stone to lose and I've turned to sw to do it. I know 5lbs sounds loads when VLCD was giving a quick weight loss and SW slows it down. feeling healthy is such a positive thing because you see the healthy stuff in the fresh fruit, veg etc whereas packets of powder may not have had that effect. It was the litres of water that helped me, in fact I continue to drink it as a long term change (great for skin!)
But using different scales, weighing when you weren't prepared (wrong clothes, heavy lunch, etc) can all contribute to the negative feelings. At least you're seeing the positives through these posts and you did the right thing, chatting to others who understand!

hey jenjen, i think all has been said that could be said but apparently alternate red and green days are supposed to give a good weightloss. chin up hun.

how you getting on with the trampette? do you find it an effective workout? x

hi hon. due to being ill i havent been on the trampette for a while but yes, i think it's really good. and it's part of the new plan- do it more often!
alternate red and green better than all red do you think?

apparently yeah.

i remember my class leader person giving us this photocopy out of one of the magazines once "lose 7lbs in 7 days" it was alternate red and green days and included syns each day. was a lot of asda stuff as it was like a shop at asda thing i think, never actually tried it but apparently the leader did and did actually lose 7lb in 7 days!

Hey Jen

Keep up - your new plan sounds Fab - I was never that successful with green days - but would allow myself one the day after weigh in! Red worked best for me in the past - and like someone else Bananas were a "bad" food and slowed my loss down quite considerably.

Deffo keep your focus as i totally understand about your good feelings with food now - I lost over 10stone on CD and did start to experience a disassociation with food - and then that SS - binge cycle can start - keep at it - sometimes it maight atke 4 -5 weeks for your body to stabablise before it re-adjusts and then loses again.

All the best

apparently yeah.

i remember my class leader person giving us this photocopy out of one of the magazines once "lose 7lbs in 7 days" it was alternate red and green days and included syns each day. was a lot of asda stuff as it was like a shop at asda thing i think, never actually tried it but apparently the leader did and did actually lose 7lb in 7 days!

might try that a bit later on that but im all stocked up and ready to go for a week of reds now..

Hey Jen!

Concerning the trampette, i am using a pedometer with it to get my steps (bounces) per day up to 10000. I am finding it quite easy to do in front of the telly or with my mp3. I dont really jump up and down on it like a trampoline, more just dancing on it. The pedometer just gives me a target to aim for. Then you can join the thread in the exercise section on here;

http://www.minimins.com/nutrition-h...eague-table-record-your-daily-steps-here.html

They say 10000 steps is about 5 miles. They also say that if you do 10000 steps a day you wont put on weight!:D May just be urban myth though!

Good luck with the red days!

Bex xx

you do 10,000 just on the trampette? how long does that take? def something to aim for. i have a pedometer somewhere....

I probably do about 6000 throughout the day, then just top up in the evening. I guess the most i would be on the trampette for is about an hour, broken down into managable chunks!

hey wez. thanks. how are you getting on with sw now? x
Great with the food, novelty value of eating after CD is still keeping me happy and look forward to syn free yoghurt and berries for daily dessert. I like the variety but as most meals are for 4 then OH and I tend to eat over 2 consecutive nights so have 2 green days then 2 red days, working well though. In fact I'm looking forward to my first official SW meeting tonight and getting all the info so it does all make sense and to ensure I'm doing it right :) .

brill. so you havent had a weigh in yet? x
Well I have now as I went last night, took coat & shoes off to get as light as poss but still lbs heavier than my first-thing-in-the-morning diy weigh in.
The leader is going to phone me on Sun to see how things are going, I'll enlighten her in the great support group here @ minimins!

well i went to boots today and weighed on proper scales. i have definitely put on weight since starting sw. about half a stone in a month. this is the first time i have been over bmi 25 since i got to goal with cambridge. it's freaking me out. i want to go back on cambirdge but i know i cant keep doing that every time i put on weight. part of me wants to plod on with slimming world and let my body sort itself out but the other part wants to go back to the milkshakes because this is all too slow. help! i feel like i'm losing control of all this a bit.. not sure what to do. x

Jen

I so recognise what you are feeling - I think u need to keep at SW for a while - most people can gain around 6lbs when food is introduced kinda a stabalising weight - why don't u give it another month then try a different diet IF things haven't changed - Its all to easy to CD again - BUT if you can't hold the weight natrually when eating then its not good.

i think my body is all over the place. i havent been on ss long terms for over a year and i havent been on it at all for months. it is all so confusing. i have really enjoyed eating healthily,cooking, all the fruit and veg etc and now to feel like it is making me "fat" is horrible. i feel massive, and before i weighed i didnt. it is all to do with what the scales say and i know that is stupid. i feel like the only way i can lose weight is to starve myself basically. but i cant do that for my whole life. you're right, i should stick with it, but what i f i just get bigger and bigger?! i know that sounds mental, but that's what i'm scared of.

Hi Jen, I am sorry to hear that you have hit a rough patch with your dieting. I put on weight and became really bloated the last 3 times I tried SW. I lost weight the first time I tried SW but I put all the weight back on plus more! I hope this is just a minor blip for you and your weight will start to drop off very soon! I too am not doing very well right now with my weight loss so I understand where you're at.

Good luck and if you continue with SW let us know how you get on!

i'm going to carry on with red days for now and see what happens in a couple of weeks. if i keep putting on weight i'll be back on cambridge otherwise i'll never be slim for my holiday! it just feels like a constant battle..

Back