i have this really annoying

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by amethyst, 10 March 2008 Social URL.

1. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    twitch in my left cheek of my bum!! :eek: sorry to post this but its really annoying me.. started yesterday..... havent done any excercise only changed the bed which was tiring had a fight with the duvet lol..

does anyone know how i can get rid of it? please :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

sorry no ideas but hope it goes away soon, id say its annoying ;)

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

try a hot bath - especially with epsom salts in it. You can get these from some Boots. It is in a 500g green and white box... and says it is for constipation but this is only if taken orally. When used in the bath it relaxes the muscles better than anything like radox, etc. You need to stay in the bath at least 15mins for the epsom salts to do the job.

5. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    o noo theres no bath here unfortuanlly (sp) just a shower pod!! :(

what about if i ask my partner to massage it? god this is embarresing... its so annoying!!

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yep, massaging it may do the trick. It isn't anything to be embarassed about - you wouldn't be embarassed if it were your eye twitching.

7. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    just means i got to get my fat bum out!! lol lol

do any of you ever suffer with twitches? whats it all about?

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

the other thing you could try is lying on your back, bring the knee of the leg on side of twitching butt cheek ( :) ) up toward your chest. Keep the other butt cheek and leg in contact with the floor. Hand on same side of body goes to outside of bent knee, other hand goes to outside of lower leg, and you gently pull the lower leg diagonally across your body and at the same time bring the knee closer to your chest. Adjust the angle of the lower leg until you feel the stretch in the right part of your butt cheek (don't want it to hurt, just to feel the stretch). Hold that stretch for a minimum of 1 minute (not just 30 secs, but 1 minute). See if that helps.

Not sure how clear this is ... difficult to describe without demonstrating.

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

re. what it is about - it may be an indication your electrolytes are a little off balance (vital salts such as potassium, magnesium, etc). These have an impact on the muscles. Of course, it may just be a tired muscle. Make sure your water intake is good - how much are you drinking? and make sure you are steadily drinking the water throughout the day, not going long periods without and then trying to get alot down you at once.

(I have to add a note that I'm not diagnosing anything here - just giving you a couple of possibilities of what it may be and things you could try)

10. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    i am drinking between 3-4.5 litres a day! cant take anymore than that... might just be tired muscle...will see how it is over the next few days... :)

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you mean you aren't going to try my stretch - it feels so good.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.