I just dont understand

bluegirl

Silver Member
So its weigh in day today, I've lost 2.2 lbs in 2 weeks........rubbish! But worse than this according to the body fat percentage my level has gone up by 3% which equates to nearly 3 kgs (2.8 kgs)

Over the 2 weeks I've had one meal out, over a week ago, had vegetable chilli, no rice. I've also had 2 slices of cheese, different days, and always been in ketois.

Can anyone give me a little bit of hope or explanation?

x

So its weigh in day today, I've lost 2.2 lbs in 2 weeks........rubbish! But worse than this according to the body fat percentage my level has gone up by 3% which equates to nearly 3 kgs (2.8 kgs)

Over the 2 weeks I've had one meal out, over a week ago, had vegetable chilli, no rice. I've also had 2 slices of cheese, different days, and always been in ketois.

Can anyone give me a little bit of hope or explanation?

x
Do you measure yourself hun? I bet you've lost a few inches!

dont worry a loss is a loss hunni.xx

This might sound harsh but you do understand really...you've not stuck to the plan 100% so you can't expect 100% results. It's fab that you've lost inches though which is the main thing really, after all nobody knows what you weigh unless you tell them but everybody can see what you look like! Stick with it and you'll be having a good loss again before you know it xx

Have to agree with Serena, I admit to cheating once about 10 weeks in and guess what despite me not thinking i'd done any damage I only lost 1.5lbs that week which was my worst week loss by over double. I think the only way of seeing the best results is to stick at it 100% by the book. Good luck though and 2lbs is 2lbs + as you say youve lost inches :)

Fat monitoring scales are notoriously inaccurate. Calipers are more accurate.

Well done for the weight and inch loss :clap:

Have to admit I can't explain the fat gain bit but the way I look at it CD is very finely calculated and balanced so who knows what deviating from the diet might do on a temporary basis...the rules are mega strict for a reason so I doubt you can apply the "normal" rules of gain and loss because it's not a "normal" diet xx

My brother is a fitness instructor/personal trainer and he always says that the fat monitors are only aver accurate at best to within 5% either way and that is the really good ones. If you have drunk alcohol, caffiene or had a lot of salt etc it can really affect the reading. Drinking a lot of water confuses it too. Believe it or not, measuring before and after a bath can alter it by up to 3% because of the moisture in your skin. Really, they are only advised as a long term meaure - ie once a month maybe - a small pair of jeans to try on is a much better guide!

Kikuka, your answer has made sense and a difference to how I was feeling since my weigh in yesterday. Thank you so much. Its a shame that that advice isnt availble near/on the scales eh? Still thank you again I'll lay off the % and not beleive the fat gain.

Your post has just reminded me why I love this forum!

Have a great day x

Back