I just got a Kindle!

The Kindle is great. Sadly the screen is cracked on mine :( So using my DsiXL with the IkuReader app for books until the Kindle gets fixed!
I have about 5 gigs of Vampire books that I'm working my way through.
Also some audio books too for when I want to lie on the couch and be lazy!!

ciaralicious said:
The Kindle is great. Sadly the screen is cracked on mine :( So using my DsiXL with the IkuReader app for books until the Kindle gets fixed!
I have about 5 gigs of Vampire books that I'm working my way through.
Also some audio books too for when I want to lie on the couch and be lazy!!

Are amazon sending a replacement out to
You?

I really want a kindle, since I have very little space in my room to store any books! Having everything on a kindle would be perfect for me, plus it's easier to carry around. But atm I can't afford it so will have to wait until end of october. I have a few books to go through which will take me months so can live until then I think! lol :)

I so want a kindle :cry: I love real books too though and don't think I could ever forsake the love of looking at them on my bookshelves, so I think I would operate a dual system but have yet to work out what the rules that govern which I would by would be... well that is something I could contemplate in the waiting til I can afford a kindle time :D

What does everyone else do? Do you still buy real and e-books? Do you have a set criteria or is it all fairly random? I suppose with kindle or any e-book readers it fulfills the "I want it and I want it now *stamps foot*" urge :rotflmao:

The only time the Kindle has let me down was when i bought an easy guide to using my new camera. I really really needed to be able to flick through pages to find the bit I wanted at that moment in time, and thats not so easy on a kindle. So I ended up biting the bullet and buying a paper copy too, but I absolutely love my kindle and love the fact that I can carry all my books around with me to dip into anywhere.

I lost my first one that hubby bought me a few months ago, I was distraught! I know its in the house somewhere (I hope), but cannot for the life of me find it, so had to buy another one - ouch. But still, if it turns up it means I can transfer books onto it to lend to my daughter who is an avid reader. Cant be without a kindle now!

I dont have a kindle i have an ipad and love it which was a suprise to me as i didn't think i would like it as i love the feel of books. :D

I download all my books, I use a free programme called Calibre to add the books to my reader and it also changes the book format . It is so easy to use. I would never go back to reading "real" books now lol

calibre is my life saver! i have about 8500 books my friend gave me but it had a fair amount of duplications in it, so calibre pretty much fixed it!

Hi Joanna,
I love Calibre, my partner has a Kindle and I have a sony so we have books in different formats and Calibre just zooms through the formats and makes my life a lot easier lol

I'm going to get a kindle soon and have never heard of Calibre. How does it work - sorry if its a silly question.

I'm going to get a kindle soon and have never heard of Calibre. How does it work - sorry if its a silly question.

Its a conversion programme, if you download books from places other than Amazon theyre often in a format other than mobi (the Kindle supported format). Download Calibre and all you do is drag and drop your file onto it, then convert it then fire it onto your Kindle and it appears in the proper book format.

Calibre is also free to download.

Its brill x

Seems a stupid question, but do you have to keep re-buying books? I told some family/friends that I was thinking about getting a kindle and they said that after a while you had to buy the book again coz it got deleted. :confused:

Seems a stupid question, but do you have to keep re-buying books? I told some family/friends that I was thinking about getting a kindle and they said that after a while you had to buy the book again coz it got deleted. :confused:

lol Nooo buying an ebook is like buying a regular book once youve got it, youve got it. No idea where they got a daft notion like that :)

Yeah I thought so. Will definatley be getting one after I've come back from holiday in October, would have gotten one before if vaccinations hadn't cost so much :( lol would have saved some space!

it might be that they are confusing it with the number of times you can download to different formats, ie you will set up on Amazon where you want your book downloaded. I have mine setup for 2 kindles (lost the first one, but hoping it will magically reappear one day) my iphone, and kindle app for pc. Depending on the digital rights management set in the book, you can download to up to 6 different items, but your book will stay on your Amazon account, or on your kindle if you dont delete it. If you do delete from your kindle it will always be available for download again from your amazon account, so if like me your lose (or break) your kindle, your books are always there to be downloaded again without charge.

I've got a Kindle at last!! Woop woop!! I haven't even opened the box yet but I am HUGELY excited! Does it come with any books loaded? It's actually good timing as I've just finished a book so I can play with it straightaway and not feel I have to finish my "real" book, although I do have a big heap to read!

I got mine the other day. Love it. Havent finished the real book I was reading yet but I'm reading another on the kindle already. I'm getting through it much quicker than I would have done reading the paper version and I find it much easier in general to read, since I can increase the font size if I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Castle of Wizardry by David Eddings

This is the 4th book of the Belgariad Series, again i thoroughly loved it, Ce'nedra came into her own, and it was interesting finding out about Poledra Garions Grandmother, and the way they can transform into wolves.

It had all begun with the theft of the Orb that had so long protected the West from the evil God Torak. Before that, Garion had been a simple farm boy. Afterward, he discovered that his aunt was really the Sorceress Polgara and his grandfather was Belgarath, the Eternal Man. Then, on the long quest to recover the Orb, Garion found to his dismay that he, too, was a sorcerer.

Now, at last, the Orb was regained and the quest was nearing its end. Of course, the questors still had to escape from this crumbling enemy fortress and flee across a desert filled with Murgo soldiers searching for them, while Grolim Hierarchs strove to destroy them with dark magic. Then, somehow, they must manage to be in Riva with the Orb by Erastide. After that, however, Garion was sure that his part in these great events would be finished.

But the Prophecy still held future surprises for Garion--and for the little princess Ce'Nedra.

This continues the magnificent epic of The Belgariad, begun in Pawn of Prophecy, Queen of Sorcery, and Magician's Gambit--a fantasy set against a background of the war of men, Kings, and Gods that had spanned seven thousand years--a novel of fate, strange lands, and a prophecy that must be fulfilled!​

I'm getting a Kindle for my birthday next week. Can't wait!

I nearly got one a while ago from my oh, but at last minute decided against it because I love real books!!! Starting to rethink now, though!! Going on our honeymoon at the end of July for 2 weeks, and usually I read 3-4 books on a week's holiday so might be worth investing in one instead of lugging half a library to America with me??!! Thinking it will be my getting to target reward for myself (if I get there!!!).

Back