• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I just got a Kindle!

Shazzabir

Gold Member
S: 10st10.5lb C: 8st10.5lb G: 8st10.5lb Loss: 2st0lb(18.6%)

Shazzabir

Gold Member
SammiBeth said:
Shopaholic books are soooo funny! Wish she'd hurry up and write some more!
Have you read the other Sophie Kinsella books? I think she is a fantastic writer. I read her books so quickly thou. I am still to read her new book.

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
G: 12st0lb
The new one is soooooo funny! Her daughter is adorable, and a proper mini-me! Would definitely recommend it xxxx

Shazzabir

Gold Member
MancBird said:
The new one is soooooo funny! Her daughter is adorable, and a proper mini-me! Would definitely recommend it xxxx
Do you have it on an ereader or paperback? I was wondering where is the best place to buy for an ereader?

madmads

I've got a kindle which I bought with my birthday money back when it was released in August. Only problem I have is some cracking on the casing however other owners from launch time have experienced this and have spoken to amazon customer services and they will get a new one sent out to them. I need to so that myself, just getting round to it is the problem!

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
G: 12st0lb
Do you have it on an ereader or paperback? I was wondering where is the best place to buy for an ereader?
I would definitely recommend the Kindle, available on Amazon.co.uk .... I LOVE mine!! xxxx

Pink!

Silver Member
S: 16st1lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 2st12lb(17.78%)
Just bought a kindle, can't wait for it to arrive!!!!

Fattack

Likes to eat
S: 15st0lb C: 11st7lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 3st7lb(23.33%)
I don't have a kindle but thought it was worth mentioning that the iphone (and maybe other smartphones) can use the kindle app to read kindle books :) I've ordered a couple now from amazon (nothing too exciting - all books about nutrition and diet, and a couple of bbc recipe ones!)!

Legomom

Gold Member
S: 17st5lb C: 14st12lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 29.8 Loss: 2st7lb(14.4%)
iBooks is good on iPhone? You can adjust the brightness an text size so an easy read on a small screen!! But some of the free stuff is badly formatted. BUT I've read some fabulous new stuff on there FOR FREE :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OzzieMoz

Keep on Truckin'
S: 86.7kg C: 77.9kg G: 64.5kg BMI: 27.7 Loss: 8.8kg(10.15%)
I so want a kindle :cry: I love real books too though and don't think I could ever forsake the love of looking at them on my bookshelves, so I think I would operate a dual system but have yet to work out what the rules that govern which I would by would be... well that is something I could contemplate in the waiting til I can afford a kindle time :D

What does everyone else do? Do you still buy real and e-books? Do you have a set criteria or is it all fairly random? I suppose with kindle or any e-book readers it fulfills the "I want it and I want it now *stamps foot*" urge :rotflmao:

joanna25

Silver Member
S: 13st3.5lb C: 13st3.5lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Plus you get reflection on the iPhone....when I first got my kindle I thought the screen was a fake one with a sticker to pull off but it's all real!!! Amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fattack

Likes to eat
S: 15st0lb C: 11st7lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 3st7lb(23.33%)
I'm a book fan, so a kindle isn't really worth the money for me. I only buy non-fiction fitness books for my iphone if I'm impatient and want to be able to look things up on the go / recipe books that aren't particularly shelf-pretty (because then it's easy when doing my food shop!). For proper reading, I don't think I'd ever be happy with a kindle because I'm an aesthete when it come to books, I like the feel and appearance of them and pick my classics based on publisher / appearance of book - I used to have my books sent to the reading room that had the most beautiful books at university - even if they were totally unrelated to what I was reading! That said, my friends who have kindles LOVE them! But it really depends on you :)

Starlight

Gold Member
I'm a book fan, so a kindle isn't really worth the money for me. I only buy non-fiction fitness books for my iphone if I'm impatient and want to be able to look things up on the go / recipe books that aren't particularly shelf-pretty (because then it's easy when doing my food shop!). For proper reading, I don't think I'd ever be happy with a kindle because I'm an aesthete when it come to books, I like the feel and appearance of them and pick my classics based on publisher / appearance of book - I used to have my books sent to the reading room that had the most beautiful books at university - even if they were totally unrelated to what I was reading! That said, my friends who have kindles LOVE them! But it really depends on you :)
I said sooo much of that in my pre Kindle days but now, I wouldnt be without it :)

joanna25

Silver Member
S: 13st3.5lb C: 13st3.5lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I said sooo much of that in my pre Kindle days but now, I wouldnt be without it :)

me tooooo!!!! but after reading the reviews on amazon (i won mine and was considering just ebaying it!!) i thought...well what the hell...

some reviews said that if you were a true lover of reading you'll quickly get over what you're reading your book on and "get" the kindle. in some parts true, in some parts, completed untrue. Like say, I can't get my head around reading off my laptop/iPhone, but something about the Kindle they have just got it spot on.

Pink!

Silver Member
S: 16st1lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 2st12lb(17.78%)
I love my kindle, it's truly fabulous. I get so many free books, and texts books are so much cheaper, not to mention that it means that I can take all of my uni books to uni without having to lug a bulging 2stone bag, lol. (I've just lost three stone, I don't want to be lugging that weight around with me anymore!)

I do adore books though. When I have my own house, where I don't have to move every 9 months as it is with student accomodation now, I fully plan on having a huge beauty and the beast style library...with a secret door that you open by pulling a book....

but until then I'll be over here stroking my kindle.