I Just Have To Exercise And Thats That!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Slimandtoned, 5 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers Pro Points
    I'm starting this thread as I can't seem to put one foot in front of the other in terms of just getting my exercise done. I know I should do it but I avoid it at every turn so my plan is to log it here as a way of addressing the issue. If I admit it's a problem I will start to try to resolve it. So this is me admitting I have a problem. I'm hoping there are others experiencing similar issues so that I don't feel so alone. Not exercising makes me unhappy so I've just gotta do it and that's that!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    maybe find something you find fun too! alot of people love zumba on here, it dosent feel like a workout, just feels like a dance on a saturday night!
    i couldnt stick to something i dont enjoy, ive walked out of a few classes becuase i dont like them before!

4. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Hi Gina thanks for the advice, think I will try a Zumba class. Theres one near me next Monday. I'll see if I can get booked into it.

I'm keen to sort this and would appreciate any help! Has anyone else felt exercise is a bit of a chore?

5. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am the same, I know I need to exercise!

I normally exercise 4 times a week, but recently just haven't been to the gym and can't make Zumba due to money!!! (Lack of it!)

But I am just going to go to the gym tonight, no ifs or buts or excuses, just going!

I love it once I go, it's just going for the first time in a while that is challenging!!

Good luck!!

6. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Thanks Hannah - it helps to know others have similar problems. I'm going to do a 30 min walk shortly and I'll post when I've it done!!

7. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Have you done your walk?? I'm going to do my usual walk home tonight, but once again I am waaaay too tired (you can see above morning loads of motivation etc but now falling asleep, a result of 3 late nights over the weekend!).

Need to get some sleep! Work busy atm!!!

8. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    I did it Hannah!! So pleased! Did 32 mins!! This is a big achievement for me, I'm delighted. Enjoy your walk home this evening - heres to lots more exercise!!!

9. gina_b

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    to me it helps if the class has good music to go along with it, bad music + a boring, easy routine = bored me!

zumbas not a fave of mine (i like my workouts leaving me out of breathe, sweating like a pig and hard hard work) but it is fun! alot of fun, can have a giggle and dosent matter if you do it wrong :D

10. irishlady

irishlady sandra

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.15%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pp
    how are you doing with your exercise ;) I seem to do a week really well then get busy doing something else then dont have time to fit it in :eek:

11. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Thank you for your suggestions!! I'm pleased to say I went to pilates today and did it for an hour so that's two days in a row - going good! My plan is to go for a walk early tomorrow to get it out of the way! How about you? Have you any plans?

12. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well done! I am going for a run tomorrow morning, then I will gym mon, tues, thurs and fri! Will be 100% on track next week! Can't wait for the run though!

Well done on the pilates I love pilates!! Just wish classes weren't so expensive!

13. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Well, I walked yesterday quite a bit - it was around town though so I'm hoping that counts as I walked there and back as well which is about 10 mins each way!! Got a lovely new dress while I was there too so it was a pleasant day! I did some gardening today but so wrecked I can't get the energy up to do my fitness dvd... bit of a low day - onwards and upwards tomorrow hopefully

How are you getting on?

14. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Well the sun is shining and I'm so chuffed I did my fitness dvd and worked hard at it! So, now I'm gonna shower and throw on a maxi dress with cardigan (of course!!) and head out for the day. If I don't wear the stuff I have now, hopefully it'll be too big for me in a few months time so I'd better get wear out of them while I can!!! Have a great day everyone!!!

15. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    I'm very surprised - I didn't back out of the fitness class I said I'd go to this evening with my friend... It was a Zumba class and it was brilliant!!! I sweated buckets but don't feel tired or sore so I think this is something I would like to do again...! A full hour of high intensity - it's the most exercise I've done in months (in one go) - I think this thread is really helping me focus! Here's to ongoing success!!

16. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Well, I left my car at home today and walked into town to do my jobs around town - this is a habit I've been trying to start for the last few years and it's taken me til now to do it! Lazy....? Yes, I know and readily admit it now. I really enjoyed the walk too - dug out my iPod and listened to that on the way which made the walk seem like no time at all. I know now I will try to do that more often as I have now realised I actually enjoyed the walk!! It was also way handier than trying to find a parking space that is convenient - the money I'll save on petrol should help me with my setting aside of reward money for weight lost.. Win win!!

17. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Well it's been a couple of days since I've posted but I'm still exercising!! Did my fitness DVD yesterday and went to a Pilates class last night. Today, I'm doing my fitness DVD so I'm happy with my progress so far...

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Well, I took a break yesterday as I was at a party Sat night so a little fragile yesterday after a late night! I only managed a 15 min walk today as I was away from home but delighted I did that much!

What's your favourite exercise?

20. gina_b

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    gotta be body attack :D

21. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well done you! You've been very busy exercising! I've managed to get back to the gym and even been on a few 5k runs, very pleased! Keep up the good work!

22. Slimandtoned

Slimandtoned Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.66%)
    Diet:
    Well done Hannah - that's great! I haven't been on this much in the last week or so. Took up running this evening and feel pretty good after it as well as pretty tired. I'm a treadmill runner though - not up to the outdoors yet til there's less wobble in my run ha ha!!! Well done on the 5K runs - that's excellent!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.