I Just Have To Exercise And Thats That!

Slimandtoned

I'm starting this thread as I can't seem to put one foot in front of the other in terms of just getting my exercise done. I know I should do it but I avoid it at every turn so my plan is to log it here as a way of addressing the issue. If I admit it's a problem I will start to try to resolve it. So this is me admitting I have a problem. I'm hoping there are others experiencing similar issues so that I don't feel so alone. Not exercising makes me unhappy so I've just gotta do it and that's that!

maybe find something you find fun too! alot of people love zumba on here, it dosent feel like a workout, just feels like a dance on a saturday night!
i couldnt stick to something i dont enjoy, ive walked out of a few classes becuase i dont like them before!

gina_b said:
maybe find something you find fun too! alot of people love zumba on here, it dosent feel like a workout, just feels like a dance on a saturday night!
i couldnt stick to something i dont enjoy, ive walked out of a few classes becuase i dont like them before!

Hi Gina thanks for the advice, think I will try a Zumba class. Theres one near me next Monday. I'll see if I can get booked into it.

I'm keen to sort this and would appreciate any help! Has anyone else felt exercise is a bit of a chore?

I am the same, I know I need to exercise!

I normally exercise 4 times a week, but recently just haven't been to the gym and can't make Zumba due to money!!! (Lack of it!)

But I am just going to go to the gym tonight, no ifs or buts or excuses, just going!

I love it once I go, it's just going for the first time in a while that is challenging!!

Good luck!!

Thanks Hannah - it helps to know others have similar problems. I'm going to do a 30 min walk shortly and I'll post when I've it done!!

Have you done your walk?? I'm going to do my usual walk home tonight, but once again I am waaaay too tired (you can see above morning loads of motivation etc but now falling asleep, a result of 3 late nights over the weekend!).

Need to get some sleep! Work busy atm!!!

I did it Hannah!! So pleased! Did 32 mins!! This is a big achievement for me, I'm delighted. Enjoy your walk home this evening - heres to lots more exercise!!!

I'm keen to sort this and would appreciate any help! Has anyone else felt exercise is a bit of a chore?

to me it helps if the class has good music to go along with it, bad music + a boring, easy routine = bored me!

zumbas not a fave of mine (i like my workouts leaving me out of breathe, sweating like a pig and hard hard work) but it is fun! alot of fun, can have a giggle and dosent matter if you do it wrong :D

how are you doing with your exercise ;) I seem to do a week really well then get busy doing something else then dont have time to fit it in :eek:

how are you doing with your exercise ;) I seem to do a week really well then get busy doing something else then dont have time to fit it in :eek:

Thank you for your suggestions!! I'm pleased to say I went to pilates today and did it for an hour so that's two days in a row - going good! My plan is to go for a walk early tomorrow to get it out of the way! How about you? Have you any plans?

Well done! I am going for a run tomorrow morning, then I will gym mon, tues, thurs and fri! Will be 100% on track next week! Can't wait for the run though!

Well done on the pilates I love pilates!! Just wish classes weren't so expensive!

Well, I walked yesterday quite a bit - it was around town though so I'm hoping that counts as I walked there and back as well which is about 10 mins each way!! Got a lovely new dress while I was there too so it was a pleasant day! I did some gardening today but so wrecked I can't get the energy up to do my fitness dvd... bit of a low day - onwards and upwards tomorrow hopefully

How are you getting on?

Well the sun is shining and I'm so chuffed I did my fitness dvd and worked hard at it! So, now I'm gonna shower and throw on a maxi dress with cardigan (of course!!) and head out for the day. If I don't wear the stuff I have now, hopefully it'll be too big for me in a few months time so I'd better get wear out of them while I can!!! Have a great day everyone!!!

I'm very surprised - I didn't back out of the fitness class I said I'd go to this evening with my friend... It was a Zumba class and it was brilliant!!! I sweated buckets but don't feel tired or sore so I think this is something I would like to do again...! A full hour of high intensity - it's the most exercise I've done in months (in one go) - I think this thread is really helping me focus! Here's to ongoing success!!

Well, I left my car at home today and walked into town to do my jobs around town - this is a habit I've been trying to start for the last few years and it's taken me til now to do it! Lazy....? Yes, I know and readily admit it now. I really enjoyed the walk too - dug out my iPod and listened to that on the way which made the walk seem like no time at all. I know now I will try to do that more often as I have now realised I actually enjoyed the walk!! It was also way handier than trying to find a parking space that is convenient - the money I'll save on petrol should help me with my setting aside of reward money for weight lost.. Win win!!

Well it's been a couple of days since I've posted but I'm still exercising!! Did my fitness DVD yesterday and went to a Pilates class last night. Today, I'm doing my fitness DVD so I'm happy with my progress so far...

Well, I took a break yesterday as I was at a party Sat night so a little fragile yesterday after a late night! I only managed a 15 min walk today as I was away from home but delighted I did that much!

What's your favourite exercise?

gotta be body attack :D

Well done you! You've been very busy exercising! I've managed to get back to the gym and even been on a few 5k runs, very pleased! Keep up the good work!

Well done Hannah - that's great! I haven't been on this much in the last week or so. Took up running this evening and feel pretty good after it as well as pretty tired. I'm a treadmill runner though - not up to the outdoors yet til there's less wobble in my run ha ha!!! Well done on the 5K runs - that's excellent!

Back