I just hit the self destruct button.....

Piglet

Is so doing it this time
.....and eat

2 packets of plain crisps from a multi pack
1 packet of quavers from a multi pack
2 milkybar deserts - I had to eat both otherwise someone would have wondered where one had gone
1 finger of twix
and its nearly midnight.....

all because my "friend" said I didnt lose weight this week cos I had SW chips.... its the first time I've ever made them :cry:....she said I shouldnt have potato and that I was eating toooo much and had I ever thought that was why the people who went to SW were there cos they eat to much...... I tried to stick up for us, for all of us not just me.... I said but people have lost loads of weight... I've lost weight..... she just shrugged.... and said yes you've done well but you wont do it if you eat that much.... and now I'm sitting here at midnight typing this cos I'm so so upset. I was going to come straight up and try to be sick but I just couldnt face going down that road again.... it doest make any difference.... now I feel ashamed and humiliated and she has won..... as usual I'm a failure and all because I put on half a pound. I cant go back now cos I will have definitely gained and I cant face that..... I hate myself for doing this again.... I just wish I could disappear

Piglet dont beat yourself up you have done fantastic your weightloss is an inspiration to loads of people so you had a blip! put it behind you and make your so called friend sick with jealousy when you go strutting your stuff at the size you want to get to
oh and as for the sw chips i have them a few times a week and have still managed 14.4lbs in 5 weeks so dont worry about it

hugssssssss xxxx

Last edited:
You are not a failure, you've done so well.

Your friend does not sound like a good friend at all, she sounds jealous of your weight loss and awesome diet by the sounds of it. There is no way in hell that SW chips are to 'blame' for a gain. A gain can happen for so many reasons, not measuring healthy extras, not synning something properly, hormones, bad luck even. Superfree and free foods are just that, free. You can eat as much of them as you like. I regularly eat SW chips and I'm always losing. I'll be eating them to the very end too :p

So, you've had a bad night and you're upset, that's completely understandable. Infact I have done similar self destructive things in the past. It's great that you've chosen not to make yourself sick, that would make things so much worse for you *hugs*

I really think when you've calmed down that you should take back saying you won't go back to SW. It's the best place to go after something like this, it'll give you the motivation and support to get yourself back in gear and lose the weight. Have you thought of adding up the syns, it honestly might not be as bad as you're thinking and you can still pull yourself back from it. I know I've had binges far worse than that in the past. I used to go mental on sausage rolls and scotch eggs!

More *hugs* for you. I'm here to chat if you want to talk. Your friend has not won, she is the loser for not realising your achievements. Sorry if I've missed anything, wanted to get a reply to you asap

Please don't listen to your friend. She doesn't know what she's talking about and there may be a bit of the green eyed monster in her. You're doing fabulously and should be really proud of yourself. No way would SW chips have led to a gain - there's nothing at all wrong with having potatoes. Stay strong and don't let her win by giving up! ((((Hugs)))) X

With all due respect, your friend is at best an idiot and at worst jealous.

But she can only win if you let her. Your binge wasnt so bad - might even do your weight loss some good, you would be surprised what an occasional offplan splurge will do to kick start your metabolism.

Having a gain, especially when you have been so good, is distressing, I know, it happened to me just a couple of weeks ago for no good reason and it sucks. But its just one WI on a much longer path - and you WILL get to your goal, and you should make sure that you do, just to spite your silly friend and prove her wrong.

You can do this. You know you can. SW chips are harmless, and if they werent they wouldnt be included in the plan. So pick yourself up, shake yourself down and start afresh tomorrow. You will be fine.

Huge hugs xxx

What a horrible 'friend' you have!!! :mad: Don't let her ruin it for you. You've already lost weight and you really shouldn't let this stop you. One night going a little crazy on the snacks because you were upset is not going to ruin your diet, not at all. Don't give up!!
And as far as SW chips go, I love them and have them a couple of times a week-as well as other potato'y things. I think a lot of people are still hung up on the 'carbs are evil' thing, but they're in our SW plan so we can have them. Not evil at all and certainly not going to undo your good work.
Please don't let this one bad night and a thoughtless friend push you off the wagon.xx

Oh Piglet, Piglet, Piglet...... I'm really sorry to have missed you on-line, but I hope that you still get this message (sorry if it's a long one, but things like this REALLY get my goat)..

Firstly, a big gentle hug.

Secondly, it's about 43 1/2 syns. That's all. Ok, it's more than one days syns, but out of a weekly limit of 105, you still have 61 1/2 to play with. As for 'it's nearly midnight'... unless you are a Mogwai, eating after midnight is allowed. It's 2:30 in the morning, and I'm just about to have some Minstrels, a couple of marshmallows and 2 Mikado. :D

Thirdly, I know that we are all vilifying your friend, (because she's wrong) but if you were upset at your 1/2 lb gain, maybe she was just trying to help you figure out where the gain came from? DO NOT WORRY ABOUT EATING POTATO. Your friend obviously doesn't do, or understand SW.

As for "had I ever thought that was why the people who went to SW were there cos they eat to much..." - No sh1t Sherlock. State the obvious why doesn't she!!!! The actual response is No. We don't eat too much. We just ate too much of the 'wrong' things too often. Now we eat just enough to satisfy us, of all the 'right' things!!!!

Portion sizes: - Tell her we ALL exercise portion control.... it's just that our portions are a little bigger than hers. I've been doing this for just over a year.... I've lost over 4 stone and I haven't changed my portion sizes at all. If I wanted to cut down my portions, exercise or count calories, I would have chosen a DIET, not an education into a healthy way of eating for LIFE.

Forth:- Well done on not making yourself sick. The fight with your own personal demons is still on-going, BUT YOU HAVE WON THIS ROUND!!!! :D

Fifth:- You shouldn't feel ashamed. Since when is learning, something to be ashamed of? You have learnt that everyone has a gain - and it SUCKS!!!. You have learnt that some friends don't understand the daily battles with the 'diet demon' and that although they may be wonderful in some ways, dieting support is not one of them!!! You have learnt that when you feel down, food is not the greatest comfort of them all and that is one of the greatest and hardest lessons to learn.

Six: - There is NO-ONE here that would want to see you humiliated. And if yours is any kind of a group, no-one at your SW meeting wants to see you that way either. Both your weekly groups and Minimins are SUPPORT networks. Most of us are emotional eaters. Most of us know where you are coming from (even if our triggers are different).

Seven:- She has only won if you prove her right. She has only won if you give up. She has only won if you let her. Why does SHE deserve to be right? YOU deserve to be right more. Right that you chose to take control of your eating. Right that you chose to carry on (even after a MINOR setback). Right that you spend AGES on here!! :D :D

Eight: - You CAN go back to group. No-one WANTS to be at group when they have gained. Everyone LOVES the praise when they have lost. Not going to group one week is the start of a slippery slope... The 'I wont go this week, but I'll definitely go next week, I've got a week to make it up' turns into the 'I can have a few more syns today, I've got a week to make it up' turns into the 'It's nearly weekend, I'll start properly on Monday' turns into the 'I've only got a couple of days till WI, and I'm sure I've gained' turns into the 'I wont go this week, but I'll definitely go next week, I've got a week to make it up....etc. The next thing you know, it's a month later...

Best case scenario, you go to group and you've actually lost. Worse case, you go to group and you've gained. At least you will know where the gain came from!!!

Don't disappear Piglet.... I believe what it says under your name...

Piglet - Is so doing it this time.

.....and eat

2 packets of plain crisps from a multi pack
1 packet of quavers from a multi pack
2 milkybar deserts - I had to eat both otherwise someone would have wondered where one had gone
1 finger of twix
and its nearly midnight.....

all because my "friend" said I didnt lose weight this week cos I had SW chips.... its the first time I've ever made them :cry:....she said I shouldnt have potato and that I was eating toooo much and had I ever thought that was why the people who went to SW were there cos they eat to much...... I tried to stick up for us, for all of us not just me.... I said but people have lost loads of weight... I've lost weight..... she just shrugged.... and said yes you've done well but you wont do it if you eat that much.... and now I'm sitting here at midnight typing this cos I'm so so upset. I was going to come straight up and try to be sick but I just couldnt face going down that road again.... it doest make any difference.... now I feel ashamed and humiliated and she has won..... as usual I'm a failure and all because I put on half a pound. I cant go back now cos I will have definitely gained and I cant face that..... I hate myself for doing this again.... I just wish I could disappear

Aw Piglet no. Out of all the things that could be worst about that post above is the "I hate myself" part. Don't.

Draw a line under it. Get back on track and just relax sweetheart. Ignore your friend.

Think about what would happen if you and me were having a chat about why I didn't lose this week, but on top of a really stressful week I put on half a pound. I think you would tell me I've done well, and to move on to next week. Half a pound is the weight of a cup of tea, to not panic and look at my overall journey, not one week out of the many.

Then I come back in a few days and tell you I've had a small blip, but I'm beating myself up big time. Would you say "I hate you too, you're right Lexie, you're a total failure, just quit now"?

Course you wouldn't. You would tell me to ignore my friend, she's not Slimming World, she'd not us. You would tell me to get back on track and fit in some extra superfree to compensate for it during the week, maybe make my plate 1/2 superfree instead of 1/3.

You would tell me to get back on track, give me a hug and tell me to start liking myself for my successes not my failures.

Treat yourself like you would me. Please. :hug99:

Last edited:
Friend????? :eek:

You are doing fantastic Piglet let no one tell you otherwise. You lost control because a friend tried to sabatage you, dont let her win because she knows nothing about healthy food.

I eat sw chips maybe twice a week and have lost 5 stone so dont let it put you off eating them.

How in any way are they different from eating a jacket potato? The only thing I do different is slice and spray them.

Dont let her spoil it for you and keep up all the hard work you have so far been putting in.

Is your friend overweight by any chance, if she is I would check her motives, maybe she is a little jealous of your desire to lose your extra weight and she has no motivation xx

Oh hon, I am so sorry to come on this morning and read this. Some friend, huh? I eat SW chips more than once a week and I regularly lose. Look how much you have lost already! Don't worry about what you scoffed last night, draw a line under it and start fresh from today. You CAN lose weight, you have done already and you will continue to do so!

Maybe this friend was saying these things cos A) she doesn't understand how SW works and B) cos she's jealous of you for actually doing it and sticking to it. Don't give up just of her stupid little comments.

She may have a point as to why we're all at SW, yes, eating too much and not exercising enough will make us fat, but at least we're there, making a change and doing something about it, eh?

I say stuff her and get back on that road to Slimville honey! :D Keep smiling and don't give up!

I cant add to what everyone else has said just sending you a great big hug :hug99:, you are worth it, you've done AMAZING and you WILL keep going xxxxx

Bit hugs piglet and hope after all this support you are feeling a little better. There have been some great posts.

Even the founder of SW herself would not be disappointed or cross with you. Margaret would probably give you a big hug and tell you that you are human like the rest of us and human's make mistakes. she would tell you there is no shame in a gain.

The best thing you can do to show your friend how fab SW is , is to be super successful just like you have been so far and will continue to be.

As other's have said do not give up on SW and never, never, never give up on SW chips they are the best! They will not have caused your gain.

Big hugs again and well done for not making yourself sick.

If you want to do damage limitation until your weigh in try eating as many speed and super speed foods and piling your plate high with super free foods. Do not try and deprive yourself or have smaller portions because you will only end up hungry and bingeing.

What a *****.

Silly, jealous *****. *rolls eyes*

Don't make any time for her.

You're a fabulous person. I want to give you a cuddle. xoxo

Piglet, there is nothing i can say that hasnt already been said, so i'll repeat it lol

Your friend is either doing this consiously or sub consiously but either way its cruel, it may be jealousy as others have said but a friend of mine use to do it to me all the time, it is subconsious for her as she would never be horrid on purpose. I was always her 'fat friend', it was comforting to her. Now im losing weight and im not the fat friend anymore part of her doesnt like it so she will make a comment which makes me feel awful and then i'll binge and be the fat friend again!!

This time round i am 10lb away from my 1st target and no-one is going to stop me.

You have to go back to group, you just HAVE TO. Not only will it be a spiral if u dont but you will be missing out on vital support, if you have a gain, they will be there to support you and help you get back on track and you will know where you stand.

If you give up now what will happen? You'll put on what you have lost, you wont be happy and in a few months you'll think why did i give up? and you'll have to start again. Then your friend will have been right. Currently your friend has made a comment - i can guarantee you its not bothering her right now, she'll be carrying on as usual.

Think of christmas, if you lose 1lb a week and lose a stone by then. Can you imagine her face!! Can you imagine how great you'll feel? Think how fantastic it'll be proving her wrong and anyone that thinks like her.

You know SW, you know how it works and you know what your doing.

Keep up the hard work and do all of us here replying to you proud!! Were all behind you huni - all the way!!!

xxxx

If there was a smiley that cried from having a warm happy feeling I would be using it here and now..... I was going to stay in bed and get someone else to take the children to school but then I dragged my (large) sorry arse out of bed and did it myself.... after all its not their fault..... and since then I have been sitting on the driveway in my car afraid to come in the house.... afraid of what I would end up eating..... I had that sinking feeling inside..... its all or nothing with me and I keep thinking of how I managed to be good with all the stress of last week with my boy and how week I really must be cos one person saying stuff managed to totally knock the wind out of my (large) sails. If I came inside I would eat.... I just knew it.....then I thought about this place and decided to take a look...... OMG you have all just completely blown me away.... literally.... I have just sat here and read your replies and cried.... not sad crying but that feeling you get when you realise that these people care. I just cant ever thank you all enough.... a thank you or a rep just doest express enough how grateful I am to ALL of you for taking the time to write and say everything you said..... without you all I know where I was heading.... but although I feel emotionally fragile I feel mentally strong..... and that's because of you guys! Ok now I'm crying again.... I just love you all so must for helping me and not letting me throw it all away cos that is what I would have done. I'm glad I posted it last night now, after I posted it I went straight to bed and regretted posting it cos I felt embarrassed, I never expected the response I got it feels like a great big wave of support THANK YOU ALL xxxx

i didnt see your post last night as i too had fallen off the wagon big time yesterday! so i want to thank you very much for posting that as i have too been motivated to start again this morning from reading all of your lovely replys..... how great is this place? :)

ignore what your friend has said and have faith that SW does work regardless of eating potatoes or not, look at how much weight you have lost so far...youve done fantastically well ((hugs)) so dont let this one blip send you off track permanently. Eat as much superfree foods as you can until WI and you miht even get a loss, i know that happened to me last week.... i fell of the wagon again lol and had mcdonalds and chocolate and was over my syn count for the week but i followed success express for the 2.5 hays up to WI and i lost 1lb!!!! so it can be done.

good luck and big hugs x0x0

Back