i just wandered why .........?

Have to agree Divster. I can't see her being able to really cope with a TFR

I do hope she realises soon what she's doing

................I actually agree with all of the above and I think that food is not this girls problem.........it is just her crutch for all of the other underlying problems that she must have. All the knowledge about healthy eating in the world will not be able to help her with that!!!!!

Indeed Bernice, I agree with you. I know for me, I've known all about what I should eat for years, but it's taken until now, when I've worked through some of my own issues, to be ready to let go of the food / weight as my crutch (and even then, I'm wobbling a bit now, as it's scary to totally change how I will look) I think we need to be careful in judging either the girl or her mother - we're all here because we've eaten more than we should have done (to greater or lesser degrees) and I know I'm not the only one here losing weight for the second time - ok, so this girl has big numbers, but it's only more exaggerated behaviours that each of us has been guilty of in one way or another. I just hope I can really learn from it and find the strength to keep the weight off this time.

well said rachel, i totally agree with u. seems ironic that some think this problem is her own fault, when most of us here have issues with food:sigh: and like u say i believe emotional eating is a way of masking other problems.
i've finally accepted that i'll always have issues with food and my weight and its always going to be a battle for me and i'm 40 years old!!

...............it's always going to be an issue with me too and I am 50+ years old!!!!!! I do feel more in control now though and that is quite a new feeling for me...............so maybe just maybe this time I will manage to keep this damn weight off:sigh::sigh:

Back