I just want to be healthy and fit - will I be successful

Ok had my weigh in and I've lost 1lb. A loss is a loss but still a tad disappointed after all the exercising this week.

Don't worry about 1lb. It could be that your muscles has built up. Try measuring yourself if the scale goes up. I have scales that measure body fat/water/lean muscle ratio, which really hopes when the scales go up. Were looking to lose fat, not weight, so don't be too disheartened by the scale number x

Hi Elle, thanks for your kind words. I managed to lost 1lb but it is disappointing. I know it could well be I have muscle somewhere I wasn't aware of lol. But is it possible to develop muscle under flab? I will remember what you say though. We are looking to lose fat not weight so it won't always be a straight line down.

I will measure myself but waiting for next week as trying to keep it to once a month.

Hope things are going well with you

Definitely possible to build muscle under fat. You've been doing lots if exercise. That muscle burn you get is them getting damaged and then repairing themselves, which makes them stronger (as well as some lactic acid). You'd be surprised at how muscly us overweight folk are under the fat... our muscles have to work hard just moving our body weight so as long as we keep moving, our muscles will be in pretty good shape by the time we hit goal weight! Muscle is a lot heavier than fat , and burns more calories while resting, do it's only a good thing. Strong, not skinny x

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1.1: STS, ill, off plan
Week 1.2: 17.9 (-4lbs) only on plan for 3 days
Week 2: 17.2 (-7lbs) 80% on plan
Week 3: 17.2 (STS)
Week 4: 17.3 (+1lb) not dieting

Your post came at the best time Elle. I have been feeling so down since yesterday.

What you say does make sense. I am walking faster then before and am 100% more active then I used to be. My clothes fit better. So something must have changed. It's just disheartening never missing a days exercise but still not seeing the results on the scales. I need to remember all of this and what you have written. It is making a difference - exercise isn't a chore anymore and I can feel the aftermath in my legs lol. Who would have thought 6 weeks ago I would be exercising for at least 4 hours a week. Definately not me!

I noticed however that despite me feeling low I didn't revert to junk. I had a white chocolate cookie today but I do normally allow myself a treat on weigh in day. Apart from that nothing. I had no desire to have junk food or overeat. I never thought I would be in that mindset.

More thoughts and food diary later.

food diary for 11.06.14

breakfast
couscous
0% yogurt
frozen berries

lunch

speedy noodles and salad

dinner

chicken curry, 1 chapati and salad

snacks

white chocolate belgium biscuit

------------------------

i had the biscuit as it was weigh in day so thought theres no harm in it, as long as in moderation. Wasn't really bothered by it though. So doubt will be reverting back to my old ways

Breakfast
couscous and frozen fruits

lunch

speedy noodles
melon
apple and grapes

dinner

boiled rice
lentil curry

salad

exercise wise only managed 23 minutes on bike as was at work the full day and kids started moaning. But i walked to station on both ends so I am hoping it wont affect things too much

Denise this is what my magic couscous porridge tends to look like in the morning (ignore the mess in the background:p)

Attachments

• image-8039101.jpg
    image-8039101.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 30
  • image-2178235343.jpg
    image-2178235343.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 32
Your post came at the best time Elle. I have been feeling so down since yesterday.

What you say does make sense. I am walking faster then before and am 100% more active then I used to be. My clothes fit better. So something must have changed. It's just disheartening never missing a days exercise but still not seeing the results on the scales. I need to remember all of this and what you have written. It is making a difference - exercise isn't a chore anymore and I can feel the aftermath in my legs lol. Who would have thought 6 weeks ago I would be exercising for at least 4 hours a week. Definately not me!

I noticed however that despite me feeling low I didn't revert to junk. I had a white chocolate cookie today but I do normally allow myself a treat on weigh in day. Apart from that nothing. I had no desire to have junk food or overeat. I never thought I would be in that mindset.

More thoughts and food diary later.

Glad to help. I don't know if you listen to podcasts, but there is a really good one called Cut The Fat Podcast... It's really informative and debunks lots of weight loss myths. It's all about cutting fat healthily. Give it a try if you can... It's very motivating to listen to whilst exercising.

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1.1: STS, ill, off plan
Week 1.2: 17.9 (-4lbs) only on plan for 3 days
Week 2: 17.2 (-7lbs) 80% on plan
Week 3: 17.2 (STS)
Week 4: 17.3 (+1lb) not dieting

Ill definitely get that never used podcasts before but hopefully won't be too complicated.

How are things going with you ella78?

Ive been toying with the idea of starting the 30 day shred, If i can find where I have put the ruddy dvd! so thats one of the things on my list.

The other is my arms are really fat and need toning also so was thinking of starting now. Does anyone have any ideas of what type of weights would be best. (the only weight lifting I have done to now is shopping and lifting my almost 2 year old :p) Only want small weights. Are kettle bells good or shall i just get normal vinyl weights? Or is there something at home I can use instead :D Need to figure out what type of exercise is also best for my arms too...

decisions decisions...at least it beats my old thinking of shall i have another slice of cake/biscuit/chocolate bar

Food diary for 13.06.14

Breakfast
Couscous porridge

Lunch
Speedy noodles

Dinner
Sharwarma

Not the healthiest day but oh well.

Still managed over 14000 steps and 55 minutes on the exercise bike.

Breakfast
Fried egg in fry light
Warburton thin
Philadelphia low fat

Lunch
Steam
Vegetables and quorn

Dinner
Aloo gobi
Half chapati
Half a burger

----
30 mins again on the bike

Breakfast - missed

Lunch
Aloo gobi boiled rice with salad

Dinner
Chicken biryani and salad

30 mins on the bike

Have a bad throat again :(

16.06.14 food diary

breakfast
apple

lunch
speedy noodles
a spoon of briyani and spoon of aloo gobi

dinner

briyani
salad

have a really irritable throat at the moment. Which is doing my head in. Apart from that I am not too bad. Wasn't watching what I was eating too closely at the weekend. But somehow I am at the stage that I never thought I would get to....I can get back on track without too many problems. This is a massive achievement for me. I have never been able to follow a healthy eating plan before, always gave up by the evening. Now I can take a day not eating too healthily and still manage to get on plan without too much of an issue.

just wish this ruddy sore throat would get better :O(

Food diary for 17.06.14
breakfast
Apple

lunch
speedy noodles
Warburton thin
philadelphia

dinner
warburton thins
philadelphia light
cucumber
sainsburys thins with slice of cheddar

weigh in today - lost 2 lb so now in the 15 stone range at 15 st 13 lbs

i ate badly yesterday but also did a hour of cardio so hopefully I got away with it

weigh in today - lost 2 lb so now in the 15 stone range at 15 st 13 lbs

i ate badly yesterday but also did a hour of cardio so hopefully I got away with it

Well done thats fantastic. I also weighed myself this morning and found myself at 15 stone 12lbs. BYE BYE 16stone something yey!!!!

Dear diary,

Haven't been online the last week as my grandfather sadly passed away so have been busy with the funeral. It was out if town so although not been eating crap I have not eaten well the last few days.

Probably will have a gain this week but I won't put too much emphasis on it as has been a really difficult time.

I have started getting back to eating healthily but I guess the affects won't be seen soon.

Despite the crap week I've had and despite the fact I haven't been eating well. I am impressed I haven't gained. Although may see the results of the bad eating later on. But for now am still 15st 13lb.

Sorry to hear your sad news. Food definitely not a priority at a time like this so good on you for getting back into healthy routine. As you say, don't fret about a small gain - there's a much bigger picture xx

Back