I just want to lose 1 pound.

TidePeach

I feel as though I just keep gaining weight, I just want to lose a pound. One single pound. Like....

I'm even scared to go on a scale because I know i will have gained weight, literally this year I have just been eating. The crazy thing is during uni I was the smallest I have ever been. But then the final year, when I literally only studied from morning to night, eating and studying. Then I graduated and now I can't even get a job in the field that I want.

So, basically I think I eat my emotions, I watch k-drama's or should I say I binge watch kdrama's and I have gotten into this habit where I watch them but after a while I need to eat but my brain doesn't say go cook something, or eat something healthy it mainly says go and grab a packet of crisps. The big packets, or now I just put loads of little packets into one bowl and eat it.

And now I'm always tired, I sleep late and wake up early even if I don't have anything to wake up.

I am Obese now, 15 stones something the last time I weighed myself. (I can't believed I typed that) I am in denial of my weight, of how unhealthy I am. Like this fat around my body, is not doing anything good. (It's like I know its bad, I know I'm unhealthy and I am slowly killing myself and I should change and I do try but I still go back to those crisps and chocolates, why because I am lazy to prepare something.)

I just want to lose 1 pound, to stop gaining weight, to take control of my body. How come their so many people going through the same thing. How come I have been battling with the same thing almost all my life.

I'm going to be brave and weigh myself tomorrow morning. And these next seven days I am going to monitor what I eat. I remember I read this book and it said to have
5 fruits, 2/3 portions protein, 2/3 portions carbs, 0 fat/junk, 2 dairy portions...Something like that so that is what I will roughly follow.
Working out, I want to walk in the morning every single day if it's not raining. That is my challenge this week and do three workouts. I workout already but like maybe once a week or three times, it depends on if I'm motivated but it's not structured, I don't have a goal.

So, my first goal is to lose 1 pound. That is all.

The first pound is the hardest...but the most amazing ever and makes all the rest so much easier.
Keep a food diary and try to get some exercise each day rather that one big one each week
Best wishes

The first pound is the hardest...but the most amazing ever and makes all the rest so much easier.
Keep a food diary and try to get some exercise each day rather that one big one each week
Best wishes
thank you for the advice :), I'm going to try to walk regularly and exercise at least 3 times a week. I know it's easier said than done but i'm hoping I will get used to it after a while.

Last edited:
Week 1 - day 1

So, I weighed myself and as expected I am 211.4 ibs. I just calculated my BMI and its 32.1. I am obese. (i'm crying a little but I am accepting it.) Like when I was on the scale, I did it in the bathroom. There is a mirror in front of me and I looked up at myself, naked. No clothes, nothing on...no hiding. And it hits you. Like this is what I look like....This is the fat around my body just sitting there. For no reason. I know I'm probably typing a lot of rubbish but I don't want to be blind anymore to what is my body. To what I look like.

Breakfast: Green Tea, Oatmeal
Lunch:Noodles with an egg inside.
Snack: Orange
Dinner: White rice, veggies and chicken wings and cranberry juice.

Protein:2
Carbs:3
Dairy:1
Fruits:2
Junk:0

See the thing with me is when I eat well, i think I do alright(it's just those days that I get lazy and binge that get me) . I didn't have enough dairy or fruits, i'm going to say the cranberry juice is a portion (even though I know juices have a lot of sugar, I can't get stop having it with my dinner since I have water or green tea during the day so I will keep my 250ml glass of cranberry juice)

I went for a walk in the morning, I was going to exercise later, but I was too busy today. I will do it tomorrow 100% no excuses.

That look in the mirror is hard. I took a photo and it is mortifying, but the slap in the face I needed.
Day one down, keep going

I'm hoping to go out too.

Feel free to join us, or just read, the October exercise challenge

https://www.minimins.com/threads/october-exercise-challenge.358817/

Its easy, you decide how much exercise you want and try to reach your goal. For example you might decide between now and the end of the month you want to go for 7 walks, just tick them off as you do it.
It might sound silly but I have found it really motivates me as we get to the end of each month and I haven't reached my goal.

I'm hoping to go out too.

Feel free to join us, or just read, the October exercise challenge

https://www.minimins.com/threads/october-exercise-challenge.358817/

Its easy, you decide how much exercise you want and try to reach your goal. For example you might decide between now and the end of the month you want to go for 7 walks, just tick them off as you do it.
It might sound silly but I have found it really motivates me as we get to the end of each month and I haven't reached my goal.
Oh, that sounds pretty cool.

Day 2

I'm kinda tired, but I wanted to post something today. I ate well, healthy stuff, walked but didn't do my workout today as planned. Still good though, I didn't binge. I just need sleep now.

Day 4

Today was a great day.

Breakfast: Green tea, soya milk, oatmeal
Lunch: Biscuits, Orange, banana, yogurt
Dinner: Rice, meat, veggies, cranberry juice.

Protein:1
Carbs:3
Dairy:2
Fruits:4

So yesterday, I decided not to walk because I thought I will workout later, let me save my energy. But then I got so stressed out and I have gotten into this horrible habit were to de-stress I watch tv shows and when I do that it is usually paired with eating junk food. But I am proud of myself because I did find a good show to watch I didn't binge on junk food and even though I ended up not working out yesterday I did eat healthy and I am proud of myself for fighting the temptation.

Which meant that today when I woke up I went for a walk and I also worked out later. I love doing workout DVD's so that's what I did. I felt good afterwards. I ate well today. I even took some before pictures so that if I want to binge, I will look at them and hopefully they will stop me, but I know if im set on grabbing a packet of crisps or chocolates I will do it. But im trying.

I wonder what other people do when their stressed, having a bad day or sad. My go to is watching a show and eating junk food. I saw this show where someone cleans when their stressed and another one where a person drank a lot of water. hm.

Hi TidePeach, i think a lot of us reach for the food when we're low/ watching TV etc.
Have you thought about slimmingworld? they'll be one near you - it's the group bit that is helping me, everyone is in the same boat and supportive.

Hi TidePeach, i think a lot of us reach for the food when we're low/ watching TV etc.
Have you thought about slimmingworld? they'll be one near you - it's the group bit that is helping me, everyone is in the same boat and supportive.
I don't really believe in paid diets like slimming world and weight watchers. But thanks anyways, I knw it works for some people but it's just not for me. :)

I haven't done a 'paid' diet since I did Lighter Life quite a few years back, been doing it on my own since and have lost weight. You can do this, I believe in you! Counting calories // or even just rough estimation - it's what I do, I don't count to the letter, but am mindful of every time I eat to not go over a certain threshold. It's slow, but it just trains you to think about what you eat over a long period of time - it's about changing habits after all!
Some people find My Fitness Planner useful, I found it a faff personally, but it depends how into details you want to get. :)

Good luck!

I haven't done a 'paid' diet since I did Lighter Life quite a few years back, been doing it on my own since and have lost weight. You can do this, I believe in you! Counting calories // or even just rough estimation - it's what I do, I don't count to the letter, but am mindful of every time I eat to not go over a certain threshold. It's slow, but it just trains you to think about what you eat over a long period of time - it's about changing habits after all!
Some people find My Fitness Planner useful, I found it a faff personally, but it depends how into details you want to get. :)

Good luck!
thank you, I tried fitness planner and it wasn't my sort of thing aswell. I got the app and I still have it, I think I only use it to keep a record of my weight. But that's about it. Also, I think you are right, It is about habits and changing them to get better ones. It's going to take time, hopefully I'm strong enough. I will take it one day at a time.

Day 5 -

Breakfast: Green Tea, Oatmeal, Soya milk (I have gotten the mixture just right and my oatmeal tastes so amazing)
Lunch: Popcorn (I was craving some popcorn so I made some home cooked ones)
Dinner: Spaghetti, meatballs, veggies and cranberry juice.

Protein:1
Carbs:2
Dairy:1
Fruits:2

I woke up sore, so I didn't workout today. I thought I needed a break. I will exercise tomorrow. I am so close to reaching a week and then I will weigh myself. I am confident I can make 1 week.

Last edited:
Doing well, keep going. I'm a TV junkie too but try a walk to distress before TV. Green tea is good for stress.

You look like you've got a great handle on the healthy eating bit. I'm the same as you in that I don't think losing weight should require too much effort I won't pay to go to a class or use an ap either. :oops:

Back