'I knew someone....

kazclogs

'Who did that diet and they just put all the weight straight back on again'

I've got a feeling that if I get a pound from everyone I've heard and going to hear this from over the next few months, I'd make more pounds than I'll lose...:D

Why can't folks say nowt if they have nowt constructive to say? Just as well to say 'you're a big fat bloater who is throwing money away on some useless fad and will end up even hoojer' - but no, that would be rude..

Rant over :4633:

I sometime wonder if people are just jealous because they know they wouldn't have the determination to do it. That, or they like being the 'thin' one and would prefer you didn't lose weight! My friend did All about w8 2 years ago, went from a size 16 to an 8 and has stayed there ever since. She weighs herself religiously and takes action the moment she starts to go more than half a stone over her target weight. I'm planning on doing the same :D we're all capable, it's just about how much you want it.

To be fair, this forum is littered with people who have lost loads of weight on a vlcd only to return sometime later as they have put some/all/all+more of the weight back on. There arent a great deal of successful maintenance stories and i think we ALL know someone who has lost weight then piled it back on again.

However this may be because those who have lost weight and kept it off no longer return to Minimins as they no longer need the support. I myself did a vlcd a number of years ago and have kept most of the weight off, maintenence is very very hard and I feel that as soon as I take my eyes off the ball the weight piles on again. After a very festive xmas/new year I am back on Exante to lose the stone I gained as I want to do it quickly. I plan to keep this off so I can prove to people that it can be done and maintained :).

Best of luck to you, I hope you reach your goals and can show those 'know it all's' that it can be done.

xx

P.s it can be said for anyone following any diet that they will put all the weight back on, its all about changing ones habits and relationship with food...

She weighs herself religiously and takes action the moment she starts to go more than half a stone over her target weight. I'm planning on doing the same :D we're all capable, it's just about how much you want it.
Amen to that - that's the trick, no doubt about it. ANY diet where you go back to eating 'normally' will pile weight back on (as it was 'normal' eating that did the damage in the first place). It's just that weight regain looks more extreme for someone who's done a structured plan like CWP and lost a load of weight in a short time rather than just 'cut down' and lost a few pounds

If you look at SW/WW there are as many restarters there as anywhere else...maintenance has little to do with the diet you choose to lose but everything with what you do when you lose the weight... if you go back to your old eating habits youll regain no matter what way you lost it.

IMO people are too keep to 'VLCD' bash ;) I think a lot is down to the big losses we get, its assumed it comes off fast and goes on fast - wrong ;)

If you look at SW/WW there are as many restarters there as anywhere else...maintenance has little to do with the diet you choose to lose but everything with what you do when you lose the weight... if you go back to your old eating habits youll regain no matter what way you lost it.

IMO people are too keep to 'VLCD' bash ;) I think a lot is down to the big losses we get, its assumed it comes off fast and goes on fast - wrong ;)

I know loads of people who've regained the weight after doing WW or SW. I can include myself in that list. :eek::sigh: But what I can say is that I've never put it all back on since doing Cambridge the first time - and there are studies to show that I'm not the only one.

In fact, those studies show that people who've done a VLCD are less likely to put it all back on. Most people put some weight back on, unfortunately - maintaining at a much lower weight is hard to do, no matter how you lost excess pounds in the first place. The trick is to find a weight that you find it comfortable to maintain at.

That is the reason i'm planning on doing CWP untill my BMI is 25 and then i will join WW/SW to keep on top and maintain my weight without becoming too obsessed. x

I agree you can lose weight with any diet and put it all back on just as easily! It doesn't matter if you do WW, SW or a VLCD - if you go back to your old eating habits, you will gain weight again. It really annoys me when people say this about VLCD's!!

I've done Scottish Slimmers 3 times and every time I've lost and regained it all back and then some. I think my finishing weigh in 2011 (when I gave up!) was the same as my starting weight in 2008! Quite depressing! I'm hoping the VLCD will get me there quick enough before I lose interest. Then once I remember what it's like to be slim (I actually cannot remember ever appreciating being slim) I'll have more motivation to say no to all those naughty foods, that's the plan anyway...I'm only on day 3 :D

This is why i aint told anyone i am on the CD... they dont need to know, i dont think people go around saying ''oh i'm doing WW'' or ''btw im doing SW'' lol so i aint telling them i am on CD. That way they cant say anything about it. every diet you can lose weight and put it back on its silly to think that CD your more likely to put the weight back on. I know sooo many people doing SW and WW that put the weight back on. Its all about the person, if you go back to your old eating habits and let things slip after losing weight you WILL put the weight back on yes! lol <3 xxx

I've eventually put the weight in with every diet I've done. difference is, I've never got to goal with any other diet and I've gained back what I lost on Cambridge whereas with the other diets I've gained more.... And faster too.

This time I'm doing maintenance properly and will doing some private counselling too.

I've heard 'The Beck Diet Solution' is good to do alongside a diet such as Cambridge, as its cognitive behavioural therapy helping to change your attitudes to food/eating when you return to a 'normal' diet.

I've done Scottish Slimmers 3 times and every time I've lost and regained it all back and then some. I think my finishing weigh in 2011 (when I gave up!) was the same as my starting weight in 2008! Quite depressing! I'm hoping the VLCD will get me there quick enough before I lose interest. Then once I remember what it's like to be slim (I actually cannot remember ever appreciating being slim) I'll have more motivation to say no to all those naughty foods, that's the plan anyway...I'm only on day 3 :D
Princess Sparkle - if you hadn't have done the weight loss, your weight now might have been a lot more than your starting weight. You're right though, when you reach goal with CWP, you do appreciate it due to all of the effort (and money) you've invested so it is an incentive to keep a handle on it and maintain.
The Beck Diet Solution is a good way to build on maintenance and is well worth a read

You are no more likely to put weight on with this diet than any other.
Ugh!

Ive lost and regained my weight quite a few times,now i think i have learnt my lesson. It is making sense to me now we all know we cant go back to old eating habits somehow i always do.........but this time i managed to hold my weight steady for 3 weeks over xmas and return to the diet, this may not sound like much but for me this is a huge thing to have done i can easily pile on a stone in that time and have done. I have through doing this a totally different way this time worked out that i can have pretty good weekends food and drink wise as long as i am strict during the week thats what works for me. x

Back