I knew this would be a struggle BUT NOT THIS BAD :-( Any advice?

I've just had a thought, while I'm tucking into my dinner. There's a product called Mix-A-Mousse (MAM), which when added to the shake powder makes the shake into a mousse. You can vary the consistancy of the mousse by adding more or less MAM.

There's a trick to getting it right:

1/ Mix the powder and 1scoop of MAM together - I put the MAM in the packet with the powder and give it a good stir with a spoon til it's thoroughly mixed in.

2/Use 250mls of very cold water, add the mixture to it.

3/ Whisk or blend straight away, for at least 2 minutes.

4/ Pour into a bowl and put in the fridge until set.

If you don't whisk it straight away the MAM gets lumpy and it's gross. It might take a couple of goes to get it right but it's worth it. I've just discovered the vanilla one makes lovely mousse. I like mine Angel Delight consistancy.

The only trouble with this is you can only use 1 scoop of MAM a day. But it might be worth a try for you, you should be able to get it from your CDC if you explain you're struggling with drinking the shakes. You're usually not allowed it in the first 2 weeks.

Hi chelsea! I started with 3 stone to lose and lost 2 and a half stone in 8 weeks!! I did it 100% and lived on 3 choc mint shakes every day!! They are the only ones I like!! I thought I could shift the last bit alone but I was wrong and know I am back :( !! Good luck!! Keep your goal at the front of your head and also the reasons why you are doing it! I find writing it down helps! My focus is my wedding on 31st July this year :) !! Good luck xxx

What a brilliant motivation you have for your wedding. At the mo the mint/choc is the only one i seem to be able to drink.. Although 2 whole weeks on it not sure if i can do that.

have you tried the shakes hot? the vanilla one with a teaspoon of coffee is like a vanilla latte, and the chocolate one is nice hot as well. also they are better if you blend them in a blender rather than just mixing, the strawberry one is nice blended with some ice in

No have not tried any of them hot, the one i seem to like the most at the mo is the mint/choc one thought that would be nice at night as a bedtime drink!!!

I don't like coffee so i dont think id like the vanilla one like a lattie, i guess i should try it, dont knock it til you try it kind of thing

That is how i have always done it with a hand blender. I tried it with ice this morning that was the vanilla one but it was just sooo sweet

now im going to be of no use as i have 3 choc mint shakes a day with maybe a choc bar once in a blue moon

for me i have to make my shake with at least 400ml of icey cold water and i make em in a shaker bottle, counts as exercise right?

I think that if i soon dont find one i like it will have to be the mint/choc one 3 x a day as that is the only one i seem to be able to drink most of 400ml though, why so much does it make it less strong or something.. I struggle to drink what i make up just over the 200ml mark let alone double that LOL

They're less powdery than the powder shakes, but still aren't as tastey as the full fat Frijj and MaccyD's. They taste slightly like Nesquick. To me they're a lifesaver and I always get them every week, my CDC has them ready and waiting for me lol.

Do they come in mint flava?

The only trouble with this is you can only use 1 scoop of MAM a day. But it might be worth a try for you, you should be able to get it from your CDC if you explain you're struggling with drinking the shakes. You're usually not allowed it in the first 2 weeks.

I shall look into this ask about it on weds at my next WI which is going to be awful & lbs will have been gained. I need to get a whole day under my belt. I knew though that i would not be able to have it until i had done 2 weeks of what im doing now

It's got no flavour at all you just add it to your shake powder so it's what ever flavour you choose. So if you like the choc mint you add it to the choc mint powder, then add it all to the water, blend away, wait til it's set... and there you go. Sometimes they taste different as a mousse purely because it's not a drink, it's a mousse.

I knew though that i would not be able to have it until i had done 2 weeks of what im doing now
It's worth asking your CDC at your WI if she's anything like mine she'd do anything to avoid seeing you struggle. Some CDC's are real sticklers for the rules, some are more lenient. So I think it's worth explaining that you're struggling with the drinks and that maybe having a mousse a day will help you stick to it.... it's worth a go.

I think that if i soon dont find one i like it will have to be the mint/choc one 3 x a day as that is the only one i seem to be able to drink most of 400ml though, why so much does it make it less strong or something.. I struggle to drink what i make up just over the 200ml mark let alone double that LOL

for me i make it with so much water as i find it tastes much nicer, less water and for me its too thick, ive played around with water amounts ALOT and for me this is my ideal amount of water

Hi,
The first week I did CD I was back to my CDC several times during the week to change packs as I discovered I couldn't stomach the tetras at all, or the shakes. I have no problem with any of the soups - I love them. My tastes change and sometimes I vary, sometimes I have the same one every meal.
Recently I was reading through the CD book and discovered I could do SS+ the version where you are allowed the packs plus milk and I had an experiment - I made a shake with the milk allowance and found it was actually edible! So now I have been able to add choc mint and fruits of the forest to my menu.
Your taste buds DO change and it's well worth sticking to the diet for the wonderful results!
Good luck.

Lol I've not tried that, but be careful with using hot water lol your only supposed to be use "warm" water.

You can use hot water, just not actually boiling water. I boil the kettle and then leave for a few mins.

I also think the shakes are nice when whizzed up with ice. Sometimes I then pop in the freezer and wait until refrozen (10 mins or so). They do taste like ice cream - maybe not quite Ben and Jerry's, but they are good and it's nice to eat with a spoon!!!!

Stick with it x

Ahhh yes I love the frozen shakes! I also enjoy blending shakes with ice lol soo nice.

Hi Chelsea,

Was just wondering how you've been getting on, are you managing to stick to it? I re-started on Friday, the last time I did it I stuck to it 100% for 4 weeks but this time i'm really struggling, it's not even that I don't like the shakes because I think they are ok, I just love food too much.

Since Friday I have only managed to do 3 days 100%, I get through to about 5pm with no blips then start picking, I could kick myself, to hear that you are getting through it gives me hope!

So day 1 is 100% done. I have done well. Day 1 under my belt. I have WI tomorrow which im dreading as the scales are going to lbs gained but that is my fault....

A headache hit me though about a hour ago.. Im trying to rember the water as well but dont think i have drank as much as i need

Well done hun for making it through day 1. Don't suffer with the headaches, you can take some painkillers. Try and take ones that don't have the shiny sugar coating on them, plain old paracetamol is fine. Or capsules are okay too. I was too terrified to take painkillers when I first started CD, I wish someone had told me at the time it was okay. I suffered for 2 days with splitting headaches and there was no need.

Good luck with day 2. xxx

i am on day 2 and feeling so light headed at work just sat here like zombie

Back