I knew this would be a struggle BUT NOT THIS BAD :-( Any advice?

as surfhunny says above, dont really know but it can, i was using the tread mill and would 3lb a week instead of 4lb, i could do 1/2 - but more a week and it would make a difference. i think kd explained this once along time back. xx

How is that then?? I thought excersise was good for weight loss??
From what I can gather it's to do with how your body uses the energy during exercise. When you go on a diet your body starts initially using up it's glucose stores, then glycogen which is stored in the liver, and finally fat. By being on a VLCD and in ketosis you should have very little glycogen stored away so your body burns fat.

Which is exactly what we want, BUT if you then go adding in strenuous exercise your body thinks something is amiss and reserves fat incase it needs it. The human body has no idea that you're doing extra running because you ate a curry or had a bad day, it thinks that you'll be doing the extra running etc forever and you'll need reserves to maintain the energy needed to actually run... not good when we want to be burning fat not storing it.

That's as much as I know about it, I'm in the middle of learning about all this as part of my plans for maintaining so it's all a bit new to me, hope I explained it okay.

haha your typing b4 me ...
i usually starve myself all day when having a meal, but it isnt reccomended, cos you still need the nutrients. so i would have at least 1, or 2 if you can. or surfhunnies right again, you will want to eat more. also try and drink lots of water b4 meal to fill you up.
just have a nice day, dont worry to much, just get straight back at it, cos ur second wedding sounds fine, just please dont do a me and think bugger it, i was 5st down, and bugger it, cost me 6 months of loosing it and nearly 3st up. xxxx

If you need me, you can PM. Trust me, I've been through everything this diet can throw at me, and I still think it's the best diet in the world!! It's the only diet that I've ever got to my target with. xxx

Thanks SH that is very kind. I was hoping to lose these 37lbs (2st 9lbs) by the 10th June. Seems more & more unlikely now with these events getting in the way :break_diet::(

thats makes perfect sense surfhunny thanks for the explaination;)

you may just do it, dont be disheartened, this is your first week so if you stick 100% next week, you may still get a really good second week, xxx

No no no, it's still perfectly do able!!! You might not get all of the 37lbs off by then but you will definitely be very close. And you'll be feeling so much better about yourself by then. And I'm with you all the way on this because I want to get back to my target weight of 12st by my birthday on 31st May, so thats about 24/25lbs to lose, and at my current rate of 2 or 3lbs a week I'm going to be struggling to get there but I like a challenge and I'm giving it my all, with the odd meal off along the way.

I really admire people who can stick to this diet 100% all of the time, but this time round I'm just not one of those people. As long as I'm giving 100% for 95% of the time, the odd meal out here and there might set me back a little, but I'll get there in the end!!! AND SO WILL YOU xx

i usually starve myself all day when having a meal, but it isnt reccomended, cos you still need the nutrients. so i would have at least 1, or 2 if you can. or surfhunnies right again, you will want to eat more. also try and drink lots of water b4 meal to fill you up.

Water fills you up though, so drinking loads of water through the day must work the same??? I just have in my head extra calories

Dont worry i wont think "sod" it done damage already il get back on track with it on sunday morning

Thankyou so much to both of you for answering/sharing your experiences with me

Much appreciated
x

no problem luv, thats what were on here for, have a nice day, and remember every wedding that comes up, you WILL be slimmer for each one .
night luv xx

Not a problem hun, I've been through all this myself very recently and I've only just come out of the other side and now have a fairly clear run with no functions. Life gets in the way and short of becoming a hermit until we get to target, we have to deal with these things, and it makes us stronger.

And that's what this site is all about, supporting each other. I'm on here most nights and I'm also learning about how the human body functions on VLCD's to help me when I eventually get to a point where I'm maintaining. So if you ever need any help at all I'm here.

Good luck and enjoy the wedding, don't stress out too much about it. xxx

remember every wedding that comes up, you WILL be slimmer for each one .
night luv xx
Thats a fantastic way of looking at it!!!:D:D:D

Surf - your explanation for why extra cardio doesn't help weight loss is right.

The easiest way I had it explained was that when you first start a VLCD, the major change is the calories you eat. If you drop the calories to the levels we have, and then do more cardio, the body simply hasn't enough calories to use for the additional demand. It therefore stores what it has and doesn't burn fat. It's best to do some resistance training if you want to do extra exercise to tone up but don't up the cardio too much.

Chelsea - enjoy the wedding and jump back on the CD wagon on Sunday

x

How did the wedding go hun? Hope you had a good time and didn't stress too much about the food xxx

The wedding was great thanks SH

No i did not stress about food, i left plenty on my plate as well as i was full. However that 1 day of eating food turnt into 3 days :doh: I am back on the shakes today though.

Dreading WI like i would be tomorrow, & abit :doh: that i have another wedding on the weekend, but after that i should be fine.

Glad to see that you have jumped back on the wagon even if it did take you several days - we have all been there and done the same...

I have tried to restart several times over the last week but today is going well so far - just absolutely freezing and achy today for some reason - early night for me tonight me thinks - same time as the kids - LOL

Well my weight & my measurements all stayed the same so im happy about that. I really thought i was going to have done some serious damage eating the past 4 days

glad you did ok at the wedding,i feel really bad, i had a complete breakdown over the w/e and gave into food, and gained 8lb, i restarted today, and this morning due to eating healthyish yesterday had dropped 3lb of it, so have to be 100% now, im upto 204lb so heavier than my restart b 1lb. i feel really bad and like i let myself and everyone else down when i do this, so sorry everyone xx
my will power sucks x

Chelsea and Claira - we have all blipped at some point and it can be hard to get back on track. Don't beat yourself up and try and re-think your goals! We are all in this to look and feel better so keep the faith and hope your Thursday is a good one and on plan!!

Daisy xx

Oh - BTW - I forgot to mention that I have a family event which will involve food at the end of the month and I am a bit worried about going off hte plan for a couple of days but I am going to try and do 100% up to then to compensate!! Little goals.

D

Back