I knew this would be a struggle BUT NOT THIS BAD :-( Any advice?

me too chelsea was in bed so early las nite be same tonite i think, lord cant even concentrate on work, i know i just swallow the shakes in one go yuck yuck

This plan must be so hard to do when you don't like most of what you are supposed to have...

Through Trial and error, I have worked out the flavours that I like and I must admit I am quite lucky that I find the shakes edible.. I too mix them with 400mls of water, so it is like cold hot chocolate if you know what I mean. I don't drink milk normally, so that is the reason that I dilute them so much - no Nesquik or Maccy Ds for me - no sirreee

The soups are good, and I always make sure that I have the soup in a bowl and eat it with a spoon, so it feels like I am actually eating, which works out well with the family in the evening.

Bars are also good but you have to be on plan for a couple of weeks before you are allowed those

Have not tried the tetras or the Mix-a-mousse as I am coping adequately with the shakes/soups etc that I currently have, but the tetras may be a good idea if I am out and about... the shaker will not fit in my ordinary handbag..

Hope some of this advice has been useful, but as some of the other posters have already said - talk to your CDC, that is what they are there for and most definately would not want to see you struggle and end up giving up !!

T
x

how are you feeling today luv, hope your doing well, ive been lucky so far and not really had any problems, just a but impatient, and the silliest of things annoying me, i think ive been snapping at my partner bless him, but feel happy today and even blitzed the house for inlaws coming, got to cook for them tonight, and im going to have a butterscotch mousse when they have pudding. xx

I am doing well Clara thanks for asking, day 4 & going well :). I am getting the shakes down alot easier now. I am not hungry at all, no stomach rumbles

HOWEVER tomorrow i have a wedding & there is indian on the menu, i am so worried, but i have to eat i have ordered my meal. I have ordered a korma.. I am not so worried being knocked out of ketosis but about gaining weight :-( I would have 4 days until weigh in & be back on CB diet sunday

Am i going to be looking at a gain on weds :-( do you think??

if theres any way to change it i would, a tikka starter with salad would be better, if not just pick out the meat, and leave as much sauce as possible. you will be out of ketosis, but hopefully you will get back in in no time, you can always make an excuse and say you have a funny tummy and cant eat it all, just move it round the plate lol, xxx
good luck let me know how it goes x

Not to scare you hun, but the weekend of my goddaughters christening I had an indian with her parents the night before and I put on 6lbs. I blame the indian more so than the small amount I ate the next day at the christening, the curry and alcohol. I had korma too, the sauce is so creamy. Like Claire said, try and change it if you can, it'd be a shame to undo all your hard work so far. xxx

Gahhhh what a nightmare. The thing with ordering ahead with weddings, i wont be able to change it will i as they plan ahead so they know who is having what???

Surfhunny - how long after the indian did you have weigh in.. What a PITA i have a wedding next weekend as well, i have chicken i think a roast but will just pick at the chicken. I am not drinking so not worrying about the alchole

What a bummer... and a PITA these things have come at the wrong time, although after next weekend i have nothing else going on so will have just under 8 weeks to stick at it 100%

lol, its a great pita....
you,ll be fine, you will gain but if you are reasonably sensable it will come straight back off. but please dont think, bugger it im gonna gain so i'll enjoy it and binge, i have done this in the past and gained 8lb in one evening, that took 2 weeks to loose lol.
are you going with anyone, a partner or anything, can they swap with you or eat eat half of yours for you xxx

I WILL gain 100% :-( boohoooo **cry** i really didn't think it would be that bad, didnt think 1 meal could be mega calorific that it could make me gain so many lbs

I am going with my partner he has ordered the same as we are not curry fans... I wonder if i get out running everyday if that will help with the damage

I weighed myself the day after the christening and nearly had a heart attack when I saw the scales - it shook me so much it took me a couple of days to get back on track. I was lucky tho, my CDC was away that week so from getting back on track I had 7 days to lose the 6lbs and I did it, I was really focussed.

I did warn my CDC before she weighed me that I'd probably had a gain. But luckily for me I STS on her scales, but in reality I'd lost the 6lbs. It is a total PITA, I went through weeks where I only had small losses because I'd been to one function or another. I managed to have regular 2lbs losses if I'd had a meal out and stuck to low carb food. It's tough going, but so long as you're 100% the rest of the time you might be okay.

I figured there were 2 ways of looking at it though:

1/ I could accept that I might have a bit of a gain, but as long as I get back on it 100% I can really minimise the damage and in the long run I WILL get thinner.

OR

2/ I could just throw in the towel and say s:(d it, it's over, damage is done, no point in carrying on, and gain more than the bit I'd put on with the meal.

For me losing weight is the most important thing so I chose option 1. And had my meal, accepted the gain, then worked hard to reduce it in time for my weigh in. As a result over the course of 6 or 7 weeks I lost 13lbs. Not the biggest losses by CD standards, but it's 13lbs off, not on. Which had I not carried on 100% on the days where I didn't have a function to attend I would have put 13lbs if not more on.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, it's just something I had to struggle with for a while a few weeks back. I hope it helps you. xxx

Last edited:
So with being back on track & focused for 3 days i may come away with a limited damage... Do you think i should get out there running as well LOL

i really would try to say you have a dodgy tummy, if you can, and avoid the food. your partner should be understanding and hopefully go along with you,
the following week i would have a little of the chicken and if theres some brocolli or cauli have a bit of that but only 1-2 trees. if your going to be tempet by the potato or other bits, ask your partner to have them,
my poor partner went through a little phase of having to eat most of my food.lol hes gonna need cd next.
luckily most people have been really understanding and supportive. i even did a holiday whilst ssing. have another coming up on 19th and plan to ss the whole week, fingers crossed xx

oh and dont run, excercise does not really help, in fact extra excercise can actually effect weight loss in a bad way.....
sorry no way round it im affraid xxx

Hmmm, I'm in 2 minds about exercise.... Sorry about blabbing on about what my experiences are....

I used to exercise a lot before I did CD, it helped me maintain my weight (fat as I was lol). When I started doing CD my CDC warned me against doing too much in the first few weeks while I got used to the diet. I listened but a few weeks in I decided to get back out there and exercise again. And my losses slowed down. It's to do with cardio exercise. Exercises such as light weights help build lean muscle which in turn helps burn fat. I can't explain why cardio seems to have a negative affect though. And I don't know if it affects everyone like this or just me. My CDC seemed to think it was common that people who did a lot of cardio had lower losses.

So I can't really answer that question to be honest. But definitley by getting right back on track will absolutely minimise the gain. And another thing I'd do is have your shake packs before you go!! Is it an evening meal? If so by having at least 2 of your meal packs and not 'normal food' during the day will also minimise the gain, and help to make you feel fuller so you won't be tempted to eat too much. This is what I do if I have to go to a thing like this. Esp if you say you have a dodge tum, you won't feel sooo hungry and will be more convincing.

I really feel for you hun, cos I've been in this situation so recently, and all you really want to do is get cracking on your diet with nothing in your way.

I figured there were 2 ways of looking at it though:

1/ I could accept that I might have a bit of a gain, but as long as I get back on it 100% I can really minimise the damage and in the long run I WILL get thinner.

OR

2/ I could just throw in the towel and say s:(d it, it's over, damage is done, no point in carrying on, and gain more than the bit I'd put on with the meal.

Sorry did not see the rest of your post

I agree with you i would rather go for option 1 as well... I shall just have this meal, accept the damage coming, get back on it on sunday & stick to it 100% until WI & up til my next wedding.

I shall be glad now when next weekend is over

It's so hard chick to have to deal with this kind of thing when you've only just started, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!! You just need to remember that it isn't the end of the world, you have most definitely not failed and the fact that you're so worried about it makes me think that losing weight is very important to you, so you will succeed!!!

Honestly though, you will get there!! And if you do take Option 1, in the long term you WILL lose weight, it'll average out and just be slower for a few weeks while all this is going on. If you need me, you can PM. Trust me, I've been through everything this diet can throw at me, and I still think it's the best diet in the world!! It's the only diet that I've ever got to my target with. xxx

And another thing I'd do is have your shake packs before you go!! Is it an evening meal? If so by having at least 2 of your meal packs and not 'normal food' during the day will also minimise the gain, and help to make you feel fuller so you won't be tempted to eat too much

Really, see i was just not going to have anything all day tomorrow.. Just water. The meal is at 7pm, wedding at 5pm.

I thought that by having my shake packs & also a meal i am consuiming more Kls i do not feel hungry at all anymore, so could easily go until 7pm without no food/shakes..

You really think having those shakes (2) that this is a good idea.. I guess my logic to it was it's extra kls that day?

I won't worry about the running then

Back