I know I'll do it

loveydove

Day 20

I found this site yesterday and I'm hoping it will really help keep me on track. So far my loss has been fantastic and I'm already feeling the benefits. I need to think about setting a few goals maybe rather than seeing it as a mountain to climb.

Day 20

I found this site yesterday and I'm hoping it will really help keep me on track. So far my loss has been fantastic and I'm already feeling the benefits. I need to think about setting a few goals maybe rather than seeing it as a mountain to climb.

Hi there and welcome :)
You're spot on about setting yourself goals. It will make your weight loss journey seem much more manageable and before you know it you will be looking at the view from the top of the mountain :)
xx

Day 21
Today is weigh day - not 'til tonight though. I only need anoth pound to make it 2 stones, so everything is crossed.
I've already had 1 litre of water this morning. I felt like I was never off the loo yesterday.
Last night I set myself a couple of goals - another stone by 5th September and another by the end of September, so basically to have lost 4 stone by the end of September.

Day 22
Had my weigh in last night. I didn't manage to make 2st, so I've lost 27lbs so far in 3 weeks. I'm pretty darn pleased with myself.
I'm going to try and not weigh myself all the time now and let it be a surprise on Friday night - famous last words!

Congrats on the weight loss so far!!! Thats ace!
What diet are you following?

~Silence~

Have you joined any groups like WeMITTS or the Century Club?
Not that you sound like you need it much at the moment, there's tonnes of support and encouragement, especially from people who have a lot of weight to lose!
Good strategy with the mini goals! It's less overwhelming that way!

~Silence~

I haven't joined any groups yet - what is the century club? I've had a look at WeMITTs and will join that at some point.

I haven't joined any groups yet - what is the century club? I've had a look at WeMITTs and will join that at some point.

Well you don't join join, but you contribute. The Century club is for people with over 100lbs to lose.

~Silence~

Day 23
Had a good day today. Spent some time with friends. Not the most exciting day but it was good to relax.

Thanks MrW I'm feeling really great at the moment actually. I'm going to pm about NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)now that I have enough posts to pm! as I feel I need help with the underlying issues tied in with my weight.

Day 25
Had a bit of an off day yesterday - I didn't go mad, but I did feel a bit out of control.
Back on track today, I've been keeping myself busy - well trying to anyhow. The weather has been really miserable and cold today, which doesn't help my mood. fingers crossed for an Indian summer.

Day 26
I'm fed up today. I went to the doctors for a routine review of my medication and it turned into a discussion about my weight - well I say discussion, but he rahter took over. He didn't seem to want to know about what I'm doing at the moment, he was more bothered about me seeing a hospital consultant - and he mentioned gastric banding.
He did admit that all they have to offer is orlistat and reductil both of which are out for me. I don't know if a consultant would be able to offer something else, but I really do not think that a gastric band is for me. I've had a bit of a look at lipotrim and Cambridge and I'd be more than willing to have a go at them, if that was on offer.

I hate it when Doctors do that. They're so patronising sometimes.
You should take the help available though, it won't hurt to see a consultant and get some advice, and talk through your decisions with them.
Don't let it get you down though. You're doing really really well!

~Silence~

Back