I lost some weight!!!

Well done on another lb :) and you are right about the losses slowing down, that will happen, the nurse prewarned me about that happening along with the dreaded sts!!! and that every week's result can be very different.
As long as it comes off in the long term, then my theory is why worry???? :)

I too think topshop is size 16? I intend saving calories for special occasions when I get to where I want to be if you see what i mean :) BUT i'm going on holiday soon, so will need to do a bit of damage limitation then as Barb does!

Have a successful day hun x

Thanks all :)

Sounds like Top Shop might never be on my list of places to go, as I will prolly be perfectly happy at a size 16, that's fine though, there are plenty of shops selling lovely clothes at size 16 :)

Had a lovely meal out with Dad on friday, really enjoyed it, suspect that I had a bit too much to fit in with my goal of losing weight tho! Even with the 1000 cals saved, so think I will have a bit less when I got out for lunch with him next time

Am still doing fairly well, lots and lots of times I still find myself with impulses to eat this or that thing, especially when out and about, but am managing to reign in those impulses pretty much so am pleased about that

Have bought the Beck book, and hope to find some good tips in there - it seems to be about teaching us to have new ways of thinking about food and that sounds like what I am trying to do so fingers crossed :)

Am definately missing losing larger amounts of weight tho!

I've also slipped back into having more dairy produce, which seems so to bloat me up ever so much, so am thinking of cutting down there again

Over the last few days, a woman referred to me as the pregnant lady, and on a train, another woman got out some business cards when she saw me sit down - when she left I read the card - she makes baby things!

I am not pregnant at all, just fat, it does seem a little unfair that now I am losing weight I get referred to as pregnant, when this has never happened to me before!

All the best everyone
x

In a way, people thinking you are pregnant is a positive thing - you have obviously lost so much everywhere else you no longer look 'fat', but you must be carrying it around your middle. And that will go with your positive attitude and hard work.

That's just reminded me - I remember lying about the age of my baby (pretending she was younger than she actually was) after I'd had her so that people were a little more sympathetic about my 'baby' weight. I was a size 22 for about 2 years after she was born. If I wasn't with her and people asked I'd say she was 3 months! :)

People can be so thoughtless sometimes. I tend to have this mental response lately when I hear a comment directed towards me that goes "you want to take a look at yourself luv before you start having a go at me" lol

Have a good week blossums, you're making great progress especially with controlling the impulses to eat stuff. Possibly try some soya products if dairy is the problem or if you like the taste Goats milk products. Goats milk is meant to be easier to digest for us humans than cows milk.

Have a good week Blossums, you are doing well and are obviously in the mind set to do it..when you are pausing to think about what to eat and making the sensible choices..well done!

I was about to say what Smills said, so i'll just echo her post :)..you must be changing shape, if people think you are pregnant...strange as it sounds, i'm noticing a wee pot belly shape in me..that must have been encased in fat and blubber before, as there was no defination...so hence the pregnant look...that will disappear as the lbs melt away, don't worry!

Hey Blossums... you are doing well, it's important to have the occasional meal out, in the last year I've lost almost 5 stone, despite going out for dinner, having the odd takeaway, fish and chips etc... I just tend to go very light on the other meals that day, or the day after.

Having said that, I've not being paying much attention to my diet recently, but I haven't put any on... I can deal with these 'pauses' just so long as they stay as plateaus; steps on the way down, instead of becoming a baseline that I hit before letting it creep back up!

In a way, people thinking you are pregnant is a positive thing - you have obviously lost so much everywhere else you no longer look 'fat', but you must be carrying it around your middle. And that will go with your positive attitude and hard work.

That's just reminded me - I remember lying about the age of my baby (pretending she was younger than she actually was) after I'd had her so that people were a little more sympathetic about my 'baby' weight. I was a size 22 for about 2 years after she was born. If I wasn't with her and people asked I'd say she was 3 months! :)

LOL I like that, hope you never bumped into those people with your 2 year old ;)

It's a really nice thing for you to say :) I haven't actually lost any weight from anywhere else tho :D, oh except for my back - most of the weight has come off my belly and waist. My bf said another really nice thing about this - that I must have looked blooming! And I had to admit that I probably looked very grumpy at the time and not very blooming at all ;)

People can be so thoughtless sometimes. I tend to have this mental response lately when I hear a comment directed towards me that goes "you want to take a look at yourself luv before you start having a go at me" lol

Have a good week blossums, you're making great progress especially with controlling the impulses to eat stuff. Possibly try some soya products if dairy is the problem or if you like the taste Goats milk products. Goats milk is meant to be easier to digest for us humans than cows milk.

They can can't they, am happy to say I'm no where near as sensitive as I used to be and actually found it quite funny (just was miffed that I get that response after losing weight when I never even got it before :p

Thanks luv, am feeling pretty proud of how things are going so far, feels slightly odd for me to be so sensible about something but it does feel really good, especially as I really had come to think I'd never manage to lose weight again

I might try some goats milk thanx :) I don't use ever so much milk, but do like a weak milky sort of decaf coffee sometimes. I used to love Rice Dream - vanilla flavour on cereal, but with the glucose intolerance cereal isw out of the window for now - hopefully that will change as I lose more :)

thanx luv, have a good week too
x

Have a good week Blossums, you are doing well and are obviously in the mind set to do it..when you are pausing to think about what to eat and making the sensible choices..well done!

I was about to say what Smills said, so i'll just echo her post :)..you must be changing shape, if people think you are pregnant...strange as it sounds, i'm noticing a wee pot belly shape in me..that must have been encased in fat and blubber before, as there was no defination...so hence the pregnant look...that will disappear as the lbs melt away, don't worry!

Thanx Rose, is lovely to hear that you think I am in the right mindset, is nice to know someone else thinks you're doing ok innit

And actually thinking about it, I reckon you're right - I am a bit more pot bellied since losing this weight - most of it came off my belly and back and now it sticks out in a rounded way, whereas before I was just a barrel shape!

thanx and all the best :)
x

Hey Blossums... you are doing well, it's important to have the occasional meal out, in the last year I've lost almost 5 stone, despite going out for dinner, having the odd takeaway, fish and chips etc... I just tend to go very light on the other meals that day, or the day after.

Having said that, I've not being paying much attention to my diet recently, but I haven't put any on... I can deal with these 'pauses' just so long as they stay as plateaus; steps on the way down, instead of becoming a baseline that I hit before letting it creep back up!

Thanks luv :) I think you're right, I don't think i'd be able to stick to a plan that didn't allow for some pleasurable eating out times too. It's really great to know that you've lost so much and still gone out for dinner and so on

Sounds like you're being very level headed about the pauses, is pretty new to me to be that way with weight, so got a bit more practise to do yet ;)

All the best, and have a good week
x

So, I've lost another 1lb, after not having lost anything for about 9 days! Those 9 days seem to have gone on for quite a long time! Found myself starting to get quite disheartened and have been trying to think of different ways to see things rather than letting myself feel down about it.

And whereas in the past this woulda meant me quitting i haven't so think that's progress

I also looked at my food and exercise diary, and realised a few things - On myfitness pal, it works out how many cals you've burned with your exercise and adds them to your allowance for that day - and occasionally, like at weekends when I go dancing sometimes for hours, or walking, again for a couple hours, it would add between 700 and 1400 cals for exercise - (which when I was out dancing I would use to cover all the wine or cider I'd have :D)

Well I know that on myfitnesspal forums it says over and over again to eat your exercise calories, but i think maybe I was taking it a bit too far :busted:

And with the rather large meal I had out with Dad - think I found the reason I wasn't losing anymore weight :rolleyes:

So, for the last 4 days, i've been a lot more conscious and haven't exceeded 1600 cals no matter how much excercise I've done, have also cut out sugar completely except for fruit and have again cut down on dairy

phew!

Am a bit worried that I shouldn't eat so little long term (mostly because of my worry around not having enough food - I can panic when I feel I haven't enough) But also a little bit about getting into something I can't stick with

Anyway, very glad to be losing again :innocent0002:

Thanks all
x

Well done on the pound off blossums.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the MFP system where you can earn extra food by exercising. I prefer just to have an allowance for the day and that's it. I tend to use my cals over a week so that I can cope with hungry days, non-hungry days and going out days without guilt tripping myself.

You just need to experiment a bit to find your own way to succeed.

Have a good week.

Having not lost anything for 9 days I don't think I'm much of a fan of eating your exercise calories anymore either! Must admit that I am sad about it not working as that has been such a motivator for me to exercise - but now I will just have to find other motivations

Actually today, my belly feels quite different - it's as if the muscles are able to squeeze in more, whereas normally they can't - Am thinking I must've lost a bit of internal fat?

Anyway, glad to be losing again
thanks all
x

Well done for working out what was going wrong.

A great tip that someone gave me was that if you like a drink, switch to something with fewer calories. I drink gin and slimline tonic instead of wine, but any short with a diet mixer is a better choice. Cider is really high in cals. My friend swears that she lost weight just by switching to G&T and making no other changes! Think that would only work in certain circumstances :)

Great news about the 1lb off x

Hi Blossums:D Well done on your weight loss... I'm in the mindset that any loss is a loss and therefore perfectly welcome!!

Lost another 1lb today and was TOTM this last week and have been quite ill with a terrible chest infection - really bad, not been able to exercise - so am quite pleased :) Only one more pound to go till I will be in the 16's!

Thanks Smills, think am gonna experiment with trying out different drinks at the weekend. Last w/e I had lager instead of cider (yes still high in cals but I don't like it so drank half what I usually would have) Also had a pint of soda water in between each drink

Am sure I could be happy enough with JD and Diet Coke or something like that tho

I've been sticking with around 1500 - 1600 cals sun - thurs and 1700 - 1900 on friday and saturdays

Well done Blossoms, you'll be in the 16's by next week :)

I read in a mag recently, that the 'best' drinks to have while counting the calories is bacardi and diet coke....or champagne!!!!! :)

Thanks for that Rose :) Funnily enough had a taste of my friends Malibu n Diet coke last w/e - haven't drunk that since I was about 15! Actually really liked it, like bacardi too - ooh I'm gonna have fun trying out different kinds of booze :party0027:

Back