Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I love charity shops

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ronniejacobs, 22 June 2009 Social URL.

1. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I popped into the british heart foundation for a coupld of skirts for summer for work and picked up 2 size 16s one was a new look one and one from monsoon and both for £6.29 am really chuffed ( i could never normally afford anythign from monsoon lol)

its much easier to buy from a charity shop if your size keeps changing as thne dont have to worry about taking out a second mortgage for new clothes lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I lived in Brighton (Kemptown area) our local charity shop hardly had any nice skirts, or dresses, in larger sizes. When I complained I was told that any large and feminine clothes were snapped up pretty quickly by the local transvestites.

Bl**dy men, even when they are WOMEN they're a nuisance!

4. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol - there was a poor woman in there when i was in there she tried to buy a couple of tops to have the lady behind the counter berate her assistant for putting them out on display saying 'i clearly told you i had put them aside for myself!!!!'
    i was mortified for this customer how rude!!

5. amber26

amber26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I love charity shops i buy quite a bit of clothes for the kids and most look unworn :D great aint they

6. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

I'm another charity shop fan too ~ BHF is my fave, I have got some fab items out of it, mostly with tags still attached. I got a lovely Ted Baker top with tags for £4, originally £60! I told my friend this and about all the other great bargains I got but she refuses to go into them!!!

7. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Me too I'm a big fan of them, picked up a Miu Miu denim skirt at the weekend for £5.99 its a little tight but will be perfect by the time winter comes, got a lovely Next suit and an Austin Reed suit that I wear for work. My friend picked up a Versace skirt and Matthew Williamson shirt once!! My boss (who earns oodles) get most of her work clothes from the charity shops and has some lovely stuff, its just a case of having a good look!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.