I love one pots!

Hi ya, after reading all the lovely one pot meals on the forum I have borrowed my parents slow cooker. I'm doing a chicken casserole for this evening and if we enjoy it I'm definitely going to buy a big one for us. It smells delicious!! (With a mound of mash)!!;)

Just been reading through all the messages and am sitting here dribbling. I am going to try something with chicken tomorrow for my tea.

I made this awhile back and it was yummy! I cooked rice separately and added morrison's sausages at the beginning with everything else and used raw gammon ham cut up into pieces. Will have to make it again this week!

Creole Chicken I - All Recipes

Hi Stacey, in that recipie, they use green onions. Are these spring onions, or just normal onions?? :confused:

Thank-you

btw I'm going to dust off my slow cooker :)

xxxxx

Hi all I have a slow cooker and dont use it as much as i want to - because when i cook things like soup or stew in it , it always comes out tasting yuk and of the same flavour. Cant explain the flavour -its a bit sour parsnippy IYKWIM !!, it taste like this even when there is no parsnips in it . I have tried chicken stew, beef stew and just plain soup and it always tastes the same
I always put it on high to cook - so do you think i am 'overcooking 'it for far too long

I have bought one since joining SW (Tesco's) and it is the best thing ever, but does anyone know if you can cook Rice Pudding in it and if so does anyone have the recipe with the quantities and how long I leave it in. ta :eek:

Hi ya, well I borrowed my parents slow cooker and my chickens stew was excellent - really enjoyed it. So I went to Sainsbury's today because I knew they had some on sale, luckily they only had one biggy left (6ltr) and it was reduced to £17 because of the battered box it was in - result!! :)

After that I noticed Sainsburys had cheap stewing lamb (shanks, bits and pieces!!) so I'm going to try a morrocany style lamb stew this week. The options are endless - yay!!

Yeahbut put them on a plate so they don't spill everywhere, I am also the queen of tupperware, the only problem is I have no idea whether my soup for tomoro is butternut squash and sweet potato or carrot and lentil lol

Thanks mate - i'll have a go at that in one of my tupperwares then when i next do some batch cooking.

I've got a syn free saussage casserole on the go now as we speak - i've been one pot queen all week :p

Back