I made it across!

Beckybex

Hi, A bit later than originally planned but have made it over to dukan today from atkins! Weight loss slowed right down to virtually nothing on atkins, even put on a pound over the weekend for no apparent reason so need a kick start again and wanted to go lower fat. I've checked the website and its recommended a 3 day attack for me and my true weight came out the same as what I was aiming for anyway, but I think if I can I will go for 5 days. I seem to find it much easier during the week than at weekends! And want maximum impact for a party on Saturday night!

I have one little question though. I also use myfitnesspal as a food diary, can anyone tell my how many grams of protein a day I should be aiming for? Obviously I'm ignoring the carb recommendation but should I ignore the max 1250 calories a day too or try to work within that? I've still got exactly 2 stone to lose.

Ooops that was 2 questions, sorry ! Any help much appreciated. :)

Lean protein is unlimited, low fat dairy is limited to a litre a day (unlimited in attack) - and no calorie counting of any kind.

Thanks, I'll definitely ignore the calories! And sure I couldn't manage a litre of dairy. Was really wondering whether there was a minimum amount of protein I should be eating? Today I've had a ww vanilla yoghurt, 2 eggs, 2 big slices of lean ham, a little milk in tea and planning a chicken breast with the galette for dinner. Does that seem enough?

You could eat more - I know if that was all I had eaten before dinner I would be hungry, and that's not really the idea of the diet!

Back