I need a new swimsuit.

lostkelly

Silver Member
Hi, I need a new swimsuit this year, as i have lost 3 st :D and no longer fit into my current one. The problem is what style is best for my body. I have a small bust and large tummy (don't want to look pregnant), what would you suggest. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Kelly

Speedo is always a great brand and not too expensive.

If you have more to spend, I hear the Sweaty Betty swimsuits are really nice :)

However, the above are both for swimming in a more fitness capacity! Check out figleaves.com for some fashion swimsuits - sure you'll find something lovely there - aim for something that has a pattern on the boob half of the swim suit and is mostly black, or has a darting pattern on the stomach to be slimming and define a waist :)

If you have a bit more cash to spend, invest in one that shapes the tummy (like spanx - they even make a swimsuit but it's INSANELY expensive).

Oohhh I like it. Thanks very much. I'm off shopping this week so if i dont find one I may get this.

Hello :)

I know I'm late to this thread but I just wanted to mention that Evans have got some lovely swimsuits out at the moment - I especially like the little dress type ones. I'm going to buy one this week and I'm very excited as I love swimming, it's an exercise that actually feels like fun rather than hard work.

Hope everyone is getting on well - it's gorgeous out today and it just makes everything a bit better :)

aims x

I recently bought a speedo one for my laps (21 quid from JJB and I think Speedo size slightly large when they do the sizes in Womens sizes - 12, 14 etc as opposed to back sizes - 36, 38 etc.) and I love it - but I honestly don't really care how fashionable I look when I'm just doing swimming as exercise - as long as it's not high leg and low cut, I'll wear it to do my laps!

However... summer splashing with my boyfriend is a different matter entirely :D and that dotty one is beautiful! I may have to buy a similar one when I get to goal (hopefully before summer is over!)

I treated myself to a magicsuit some months ago, horribly expensive at £120 but fabulous! It actually still fits me, although not so magic anymore as its much looser on me now. Its the first swimsuit ive ever bought that fitted my ample boobs.

Ive bought some in Matalan recently, they are priced at between £8 and £15, but the £15 ones are a much better fit and have tummy control panels, and look really good on.

I loved that 50's retro swimsuit on an above thread, a bit pricey but gorgeous. I might treat myself to it, but do i really need 5 swimsuits?? lol, i already have 4 that fit.

If you have a bit of a problem tummy then any ruching definately helps, and couple of the tummy control ones in Matalan have ruching across them, worth checking out for a bargain, and i think they go up to a size 24.

Hi, thanks everyone for your feedback I ended up buying two, both from asda ( always forget asda isn't just for food ), i bought the spotty one as mentioned above and this plain black tankini one http://direct.asda.com/george/women-s-clothing/swimwear//black-tankini-set/GEM58057,default,pd.html
The spotty one is lovely and only £12 and black one is £8 so really chuffed I got two for £20! :)
Good night to you all and sweet dreams.
Thanks again, I knew I could rely on this forum, you are all wonderful.
Kelly

fab, glad you got sorted - the spotty asda one is great isn't it? I have both that and the more expensive retro one, and I think the asda one compares quite well, it's very well made, with ruching and a tummy control panel, and it's actually is a bit higher in the boob area, which i like.

I did find the sizing was perhaps a bit on the small side though, but I suppose thats partially because it's quite 'firm' rather than massively stretchy.

The tankini is nice too, but I always worry about the tops riding up when swimming - is that a problem or not?

Hello,
I just got back off holiday and both swimsuits were great. The tankini top never rode up for me. It was very comfy and really supports your breasts too.
Hth
Kelly

Back