Extra Easy I need to pick your brains

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ninja, 27 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    On Tuesday I have my groups party. I'm already making a cheesecake from the calendar. But I've found some quorn sausages in the freezer which I've taken out to defrost and I want to make some kind of low syn sticky coating to cook them in, cut them into bite sized pieces and put on cocktail sticks.

I need ideas for some sticky sauce. I thought of doing a honey, soy sauce and ginger type sauce but wasn't sure if it would work on quorn sausages, I normally do that sauce for either chicken or pork chops.

In the states I once had sausages cooked in apricot jam....they were gorgeous :eating: but I suspect it would be high in syns if I were to try and replicate it myself.

Any ideas welcome :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No ideas :confused:

Anyone? :wave_cry:

4. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There is a syn free BBQ sauce in the recipe section, thats supposed to be nice, although I havnt tried it myself yet.

5. ddrgirl4eva

ddrgirl4eva Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My friend made these once and they were quite nice, it was sausages in a balsamic glaze, they were sticky and very appetising. They were also easy to make and of course syn free when you use Morrisons eat smart sausages and balsamic vinegar!!

I sent my friend an email but she has not replied so I googles it for you and here is what you do with them!....

First, boil the whole sausages briskly for ten or twelve minutes, until they´re cooked trough. They´ll emerge pale and quite gosh-awful looking. This is ok, never fear.(they can be made ahead up to this point, yet another bonus of this marvelous dish)
    Take non-stick frying pan that will fit the sausages snugly, and tip some balsamic into it, enough to just cover the bottom. Put your sausages in over a medium heat. The vinegar will start to bubble and reduce, coating the sausages in a sticky glaze. When one side is brown, turn them over.
    In a couple of minutes, you´ll have a panful of sausages that will be a dark, glossy brown. They will be sweet and savoury, but the acid of the vinegar will have evaporated. As the sausages are cooked already, all they do is take on the colour and the flavour as the vinegar reduces. It´s very quick.

They can be served with some rice (duh) or salad, but they´re so good, it´s hard to keep them from being eaten on the way to the table.

Hope this helps and enjoy xxx

6. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like the sound of the sticky honey/soy sauce - and would imagine it'd work on quorn too. But why not buy some low syn meat sausages too?

Sorry, no ideas of my own on this as wouldn't have a clue where to begin (don't eat sausages much).

xoxox

7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

How about a barbeque sauce? There's a syn free recipe in the recipe section somewhere, I remember it!

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Cross posted SJ! xx

9. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made some yesterday and just brushed them with reggae reggae sauce and they tasted great. Soy sauce or worcestershire sauce (for non-veggies) also works.

10. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys.

I like the sound of the balsamic vinegar one. I might give that a go.

I would normally use low syn sausages but I don't have any left and I'd have to go out of town to get some. I just happened to have quorn ones left in the freezer and I don't like them so I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to get them used up...lol.

11. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    not got any ideas for coatings but you could always make some sausage roll type things
    flatten a slice of wholemeal bread and spread a couple of laughing cow lights onto the bread then put the quorn sausage then bring up the two corners and overlap maybe stick with a cocktail stick spray n fry light and bake in the oven then cut into bite sized pieces

12. lucylupin

lucylupin Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.6%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Why dont you try diet coke (as in the diet coke chicken) it goes all sticky and bbq y

13. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about something like currywurst?? German sausage with curry sauce??
    There is a lovely syn free curry recipe on here, you could adapt that with the quorn sausages.

14. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I thought I saw a recipe in the last SW mag (not the most recent) under the BBQ ideas recipe section. And I'm sure they used Quorn sausages .... I'll see if I can find the mag tonight. xx

15. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sticky Sausages

OK hope this isn't too late, I've scanned in the recipe from the SW mag for Sticky Sausages.

Jo x

Attached Files:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.