I need your help guys!

ChubLock

Silver Member
7 weeks in...two weeks of STS and last night a 1lb gain. I had lost my weight watchers Mojo big time. Losing sight of why I am doing this journey - the end goal seems so far away and impossible to achieve at the moment. I am worried it's going to take me years to be a slim jim!

I am notoriously bad at being "good" for one week and then being disappointed to not see immediate changes but of course I know that it'll take ages to see physical changes.

Not sure what the point of this post was - maybe to get some new oomph off you guys - anyone start in the late 15s/early 16s - I want to know how your journey is going.

Damn impatience!!

I started pp at just over 15st and i felt like it was going to take forever to get to my goal, but now im half way there and i feel great! I have to be honest that the last fornight i haven't been counting my pp properly and ive only lost 1lb in that time. I have given myself a massive kick up the backside and got into planning again, i bought a white board, put it in the kitchen and i have planned all my meals. I know that i can lose the weiht ive just got to be really strict so if i write down all my meals and snacks i know ill stick to it. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".
Just try and stick at it, good luck !!

Last edited:
i've been in the same situation before with various diets. and i always gave up (and piled on loads of weight!) :(

i know that if i'd just stuck it out and rode through the sts's and +1's here and there then i'd be at goal weight by now. i know it's easy for me to say, but really do try to stick it out and meticulously track every morsel that passes your lips. how about adding more exercise?

fingers crossed you'll have a really good result next week! :) xx

I love Purple's plan to fail fail to plan moto - makes so much sense to me as I have to have a good idea what im having otherwise I pick at bits and the next thing you know the points have gone over!

I started similar time to you and at similar weight so I do know where your coming from, i've give myself small goals as the big picture is too far away for me and we have to chip away at this weight loss and we will see results soo quickly that way, 7 lb off, 1st stone, gettin under 200lb mark etc and really dwell on the fact you have achieved one of them. I always look back at how much I have achieved since stating this 7 weeks ago instead of how much of a mountain I have to climb - we have to stay positive for each other and encourage each other along the way - you KNOW you can do this, you already have ticked off 2 mini goals so try and set yourself more little goals to aim for - come on we can and we will do this for good.

How you feeling today? Are you sticking to the plan or is the plan just not suited for you? Im on Discovery points old style as I know that works for me, where as Slimming World just never worked for me after the 1st month and I know how frustrating it is when your on a diet plan and sticking to it yet your weight is also sticking. If you know this plan works for you and your just having too many points then keep reminding yourself why your on this path and take time out, walk away from the choc / bread etc and come on here. I don't let myself eat anything when im on here and it works great as time goes by sooo quickly on here. Keep intouch and keep the faith - opps sorry for going on and on I think I've got a bit carried away!

Last edited:
I'm on week 5 (i think!) and I started over 16 stone. I have lost 7lb and I feel that it is a lot slower than I'd have thought for my weight. I need to keep reminding myself that it's not a diet, I am eating what I want within my points and I am doing that and losing a little bit of weight at the same time. It look me years to get to this weight so it very may well take years to get back to "normal".

Do you measure yourself?

Back