I passed out...

Hi Guys,

Thanks to you all for your care and support. I've just got back from the Dr's and I'm depressed...I could have told them that myself. I've been given some sleeping tablets, and the Dr (she knows all abt CD) has recommended I do ss+ this week to help me regain some energy.

Off to CDC's now. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hugs x x x

Oh Hun!!! Depression is so crappy isn't it- and not feeling in control of it is the worst thing, in my opinion. I'm glad you have a knowledgeable Dr and supportive of CD :D Hopefully with a bit more energy you'll soon be feeling a bit better. I've suffered terribly with depression in the past (as has most of my family!) and it's at it's worst when I'm tired- normally at the end of term! Having been more energised from CD I think it's the first time in years I haven't sat here for a week crying and eating uncontrollably- my OH isn't used to me being happy!

Anyway, sending you more hugs- you know where we are if you need to vent xx

Hi Emma, Hope your feeling better soon hun. Get lots of rest sweetie xx

Ooohhhh well i'm so glad you went. At least you have an answer and the ss+ sounds like a good idea to me. I got a bug 3 times while I was on 810, i was pretty unwell and my cdc insisted i moved to 1000. I know that's different to depression of course but it just may help you.

Take care xxx

hi emma hope your feeling better, i havent passed out on cd but i did on lipotrim and had "funny turns" where i couldnt talk properly forgot what things were called very scary, they did mri scans etc and basically it boiled down to me exercising too much (was doing boxercise 4-5 times a week) and the dr also picked up on my depression and suggested this can also contribute. depressions a horrible thing ive had it for the past 12 years but ive felt a million times better since starting cd and with trying to make myself get out and about a bit more. all the best hope you feel better soon take it easy.

Oh Emma, that must have been scary and after such an emotional day. I hope it's just a one off and it's tiredness/low energy, I am sure it will be fine.
You make sure you get up slowly from the sofa in future you hear !!!

Emma,

you've done 12 weeks on the diet and should really be doing an 810 weeks anyway.....Glad you went to the doctors' too, sounds like you have a great GP!

Fainting does sometimes happen on CD and it's a bit more common that you'd have thought, it happened to both me and my sister when we did this the first time.... in fact some people need to do 810 more often to keep themselves well, we did the 'old' 790 one week in every 5 instead of 'add a meal' which wasn't enough to stop it happening.

I think it also depends a lot on whether you're pushing yourself physically/emotionally/mentally, whilst you're SS'ing. Which, by the sounds of it you are. Take care of yourself and remember, if you're passing out, your body is telling you something, ignore it at your peril.

Yeh I would get this checked out by the doc, but prob nothing but the emotional stress you endured! Thinking of u xx Take care xx

Thinking of you Emma and I hope you are taking things easy as this has been a very stressful emotional time for you.:hug99:

Sounds like you have a lovely understanding doctor.

Love Mini xxx

Morning Emma.

Hope you're feeling better today after a nice rest and your brilliant WI. Thinking of you xx

Go to your doctors and ask for an ECG. My aunt started to faint when she was about 30, and for 2 years she was put on brain medication which did nothing. Turned out she had a very common and simple heart defect, which is nothing to worry about at all if treated. It's genetic, so now all of my family get regular ECG scans. I would expect a doctor to refer you for one anyway, if you had fainted, but if not it's deffo worth checking out. When treated, heart irregularities like the one I have are no problem, when not treated, they're often called Sudden Adult Death Syndrome!!!!!!!!

I don't want to scare you but there isn't enough awareness about SADS and how to avoid it. It is probably just you being tired and your body having a little rest!!!

Hope all is ok :)

Back